Official Trip to Oregon for Duck Hunting Thread

If I'm still living in California in September I plan on making the trip to Eugene. I've heard great things about Autzen.

We plan to go since we have friends there. What's the best way to get tickets to an away game? I usually just do stub hub or eBay, but would love to make sure we're sitting in the Orange section for this one.

We are going to try to go but I won't know until early summer. I love the fact we play Oregon. I just wish we would have more momentum going into the game. I still believe the talent difference is not that big between UT/ Oregon. It's just that they will have a much bigger advantage because they have been coached to win the last 4 years and we have been coached to get better little by little. Atleast, I think that was Dooley approach and we all know to win with the big boys that attitude will make a top 25 talented team 5-7. So the big issue is can Butch Jones make up that much ground in 10 months on the job? I don't know but I hope to be there in person to witness it.

Oh yeah, if we was to pull off an upset win. Then we will shoot our wad and end up 3-9.

I live in Hillsboro (Erik Ainge Hometown) and I will be there. Took an Oregon grad to Knoxville in 2010 for the game (he saw his 1st thunderstorm ever) and he is returning the favor. Going with about 20 harmless Duck fans. I can't wait!

There's not a lot of redeeming "vacation" value to Oregon in terms of places I would actually want to go aside from the game itself,

To each his own but Oregon is a gorgeous state. I got married out there and had 30 southern family members with that attitude come out and they still rave, 12 years later, about the 'redeeming' value of vacationing in Oregon.

To each his own but Oregon is a gorgeous state. I got married out there and had 30 southern family members with that attitude come out and they still rave, 12 years later, about the 'redeeming' value of vacationing in Oregon.

please tell me more.. what r the things to do in the O.. Wine Country...

It's probably the only game I can go too. I'm so glad they are coming up here to make some roast duck.

If I get lucky enough, I will try to catch a hop up there from Charleston, SC. How long do you think it will take to drive from JBLM to Eugene?

Yes, I highly recommend the trip to Oregon. It is extremely interesting!

please tell me more.. what r the things to do in the O.. Wine Country...

If you're into scenery and landscapes you don't get east of the Rockies, a quick and reasonable trip would be to fly into PDX on Thursday afternoon, spend the evening checking out the hippies in town. Friday take a full day drive east out through river gorge to Hood River, then up over Mt. Hood to Bend and then over to Eugene. Leaving Eugene head West to the coast and up to Seaside and then back into Portland. Feel free to stop at any of the brew pubs that tickle your fancy or any of the wineries on the coast (being responsible of course). Dang. Now I'm daydreaming.

Edited to clarify that you would drive EAST out of Portland through the River Gorge.

Last edited:
If you're into scenery and landscapes you don't get east of the Rockies, a quick and reasonable trip would be to fly into PDX on Thursday afternoon, spend the evening checking out the hippies in town. Friday take a full day drive west out through river gorge to Hood River, then up over Mt. Hood to Bend and then over to Eugene. Leaving Eugene head West to the coast and up to Seaside and then back into Portland. Feel free to stop at any of the brew pubs that tickle your fancy or any of the wineries on the coast (being responsible of course). Dang. Now I'm daydreaming.

thx!

Trip might get a little easier to make.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
Whoa. RT @mortreport Chip Kelly is the new coach of Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet

If I get lucky enough, I will try to catch a hop up there from Charleston, SC. How long do you think it will take to drive from JBLM to Eugene?

Dude just fly on your own. McChord birds usually don't go back to washington. This is comming from a 4 yr with the 437th AMXS.

VN Store

Back