13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to my Haslam's contact. By this time tomorrow, Nick Saban will be the Cleveland Browns new head football coach. $50 million for 5 years.

Time to oil the wheels on the saban statue

Reactions: 2 people
Isn't most people or at least anyone that is not a UA fan.:)

But in all seriousness last visits seem to have a huge impact this close to NSD. Even if the kid were to be leaning elsewhere coming in.

No, I'd say there are probably more UT/SEC fans in general pulling for Bama for some reason. I want the SEC to win, if it's anyone but Alabama. My hatred for Bama is deeper than my love for the SEC.

Reactions: 5 people
Just talked to my Haslam's contact. By this time tomorrow, Nick Saban will be the Cleveland Browns new head football coach. $50 million for 5 years.

Time to oil the wheels on the saban statue

Wonder if it is the same contact that said the Gruden deal to UT was done. I wanted Gruden here, but don't really trust "contacts" after what all happened. Don't get me wrong, I would love for Saban to leave the SEC, and make Haslam want to sell the Brown in a few years so that he can buy the Titans when Adams kicks the bucket.

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't call Saban's NFL tenure a disaster. Not even close really.

For those of us who are Dolphin fans, I certainly wouldn't refer to it as the good ole days...

You may not want to call his tenure a disaster, but terrible is the only word that accurately describes his personnel decisions in Miami.

Would not be surprised if he leaves by the end of this month... Not saying it'll happen, but I would definitely not be shocked.

I guess since I live in Chattanooga and about 10 minutes from Ridgeland High School.....I want Von Bell more that anyone. Would just hate to lose him to Saban or Meyer....come on Von....be a Vol!

Reactions: 4 people
For those of us who are Dolphin fans, I certainly wouldn't refer to it as the good ole days...

You may not want to call his tenure a disaster, but terrible is the only word that accurately describes his personnel decisions in Miami.

IIRC he picked Culpepper over Brees

IIRC he picked Culpepper over Brees

To be fair, they both had injury concerns. If Culpepper had actually been up to the task, that season might have gone differently, and then who knows? They went 6-10 with an injured Culpepper, Joey Harrington, and Cleo Lemon all starting multiple games at QB.

They were also very close to making the playoffs in his first season.

I guess since I live in Chattanooga and about 10 minutes from Ridgeland High School.....I want Von Bell more that anyone. Would just hate to lose him to Saban or Meyer....come on Von....be a Vol!

I went to Ridgeland myself, Im chomping at the bit for him to pick UT. I talked to him a while back, it think hes feeling the love for/from UT more than ever. :clapping:

Reactions: 7 people
And I’ve started following the #s in Ohio State and Alabubba’s classes with great interest. I think I was almost as happy as the players when they committed on Friday and Saturday. Less spots for Bell on other teams makes me feel better, in a totally completely irrational sort of way.

And I’ve started following the #s in Ohio State and Alabubba’s classes with great interest. I think I was almost as happy as the players when they committed on Friday and Saturday. Less spots for Bell on other teams makes me feel better, in a totally completely irrational sort of way.

OSU had players commit, UA got no commitments from the allstar games and may have lost one over the weekend.

It was average to below average. It wasn't a disaster or terrible – that's just dramatic.

Ridgeland has had 2 or three players go on to Bama in recent years. Probably have a good relationship with the HC...

True....but the fact that Tennessee is Von Bell's favorite team since he was a child has to help. If only Dooley hadn't messed it up....but I think Butch and company are making up alot of ground if it's not too late.

Reactions: 1 person
Saying Dooley shouldn't be the reason vonn doesn't attend here.. He is gone, stating the 100k that will go crazy for vonns abilities will be worth him coming to UT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back