13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he was a backup at Pittsburg his freshman year having 1 completion for the entire season before transferring to Delaware. Seems like a pretty valid example. There are hundreds of good examples though. NFL teams spend millions to find talent wherever it is.

Spot on. Grady Jackson was drafted out of Knoxville College. If scouts can find a player from Knoxville College they can find them anywhere. Also Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was a first rounder from Tennessee St.

I noticed that you kind of trivialized education. Saying that's not what the kids are looking at. But what do you think the parents, guardians, HS coaches look at? That their kid/player can go pro and make a bunch of money? Or go to a staff that can take care of the kid and help him mature and make the most of his time in an institution of higher learning? I know we are all football fans, but you do realize a very few number of kids make it to the NFL right? And those that do many don't play long after they get there. So why not help a 17/18 year old kid see the value of a free education and get as close as they can to get a degree so they can survive in society after football? While you can't fault a kid for wanting to go to a winner like an Urban Meyer, you also can't skate over the discipline problems he had along with those 2 rings. That mindset is what causes these kids to lose out in life not going to a university rich in tradition going through a coaching change.

"A new Ford F-150 and refinishing my church!" ........
signed - Cecil Newton

Reactions: 1 person
Here's the way I see it, I want VB to be a Vol in the worst way. If he choses a school other than the Vols I don't really care one way or another. Don't wish bad luck on him. Won't hate on him. Just really couldn't care less about him. I care about and appreciate the young men that chose to be Volunteers. I don't give a rat's a$$ about the elephants or the tree nuts.

+1

Whatever decision he makes is his choice. I get that. But if he chooses another school he isn't a lifelong VOL fan, VFL, bleeds orange. Whatever you want to call it. And that's what I'm saying.

I've sacrificed a lot of things for UT. Not that I'm comparing my sacrifices to Von's potential decision but I've broken up with women because they aren't UT fans or they wouldnt switch their allegiance. I've totally convinced my fiancé to not schedule a our wedding in the fall because of football season. I wear a UT hat practically everyday and i live in florida so i get a lot of **** from opposing fans, So yes I will sacrifice my future for UT. Because its something I hold a special place for in my heart. I guess to your standards and a lot of other people, i do live in fantasy land. But I love it and wouldn't change.

You worry me, seriously.. I am NOT trying to make fun of you but I have to ask. You don't think you might be taking this whole thing a bit to seriously?

I mean later in life, when you're married and have children you really won't let your allegiance to a college football team cause problems with your family will you?

I love UT and UT football but it has its place in my life and sacrificing my future for it is NOT part of the deal....

I honestly wish you well and God Bless..

GO VOLS...

Reactions: 5 people
You worry me, seriously.. I am NOT trying to make fun of you but I have to ask. You don't think you might be taking this whole thing a bit to seriously?

I mean later in life, when you're married and have children you really won't let your allegiance to a college football team cause problems with your family will you?

I love UT and UT football but it has its place in my life and sacrificing my future for it is NOT part of the deal....

GO VOLS...

Love your post, but the obilesk woody kept distracting the point, making me laugh.

:)

GO VOLS...

Not a true fan imo

J/k :)

Love your post, but the obilesk woody kept distracting the point, making me laugh.

:)

It's not me in the photograph.. Now read it again and see if that helps... Haaaaa....

I saw that pic and just lost it.. Whoever the guy is I am jealous that he thought that one up and I didn't.. Haaaa.. I swear I still laugh at it when I see it...

GO VOLS...

Thank you for the blessing and the well wishes.

It's not me in the photograph.. Now read it again and see if that helps... Haaaaa....

I saw that pic and just lost it.. Whoever the guy is I am jealous that he thought that one up and I didn't.. Haaaa.. I swear I still laugh at it when I see it...

Was pure genious in a crude way. Love it!

Today's AJC recruiting notes write ups talks about Lawson,Adams, Mustafaa flip and Bell. Sorry not on website yet!

Key notes on Bell:

Delayed commitment because he waited to give childhood fav a fair shake(old news)

Wanted to see campuses again and give fair and equal shot

The best comment- "TENNESSEE in a slump right now but I think Butch Davis... I mean Butch Jones is the guy that will bring them out of that slump."

UA- Saban would be his DB coach and that speaks for itself!

Yes, saying we shouldn't bash an 18 year old if he doesn't pick UT makes me a drama queen. All you little girls that whine and cry and attack these recruits that don't commit to UT, you girls are the normal ones. Let the kid make his choice and whatever it is, show some class, wish him the best of luck, and move on.

I dont whine dude and this is more drama

Yes, saying we shouldn't bash an 18 year old if he doesn't pick UT makes me a drama queen. All you little girls that whine and cry and attack these recruits that don't commit to UT, you girls are the normal ones. Let the kid make his choice and whatever it is, show some class, wish him the best of luck, and move on.

No, acting as if we have a secret coaching staff that hasn't ever been on the grid in college football is being a drama queen. Acting as if choosing UT as his school may hurt his future chances is being a drama queen.

Funny how the one's that claim others are whining and crying are doing the exact same thing themselves.

Last edited:
He looked really good in the Under Armour All-American game, was making PLAYS all over the field. I hope we get him.

Last edited:

Could someone post the pic again. I haven't seen it

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back