'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

*Ahem* So either someone is lying or he may be in real trouble. If, indeed, he does run 5 miles/day to stay in shape then he may outgrow the position. It's great that he was motivated enough to want to play to lose 40 lbs but running 5 miles/day won't and doesn't help with speed. How much stamina do you need? May be overworking those slow twitch fibers.

Just my 2 cents.

Peyton Manning was drafted first in the draft...Arian Foster was an undrafted free agent.

Do you all not understand the negative implications there?

Not at all...I would think the high draft pics that are busts would be worse than that. Like say Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. Neither has done much, particularly Ingram. Or USC QB's like Sanchez and Palmer. Neither have lived up to their billing.

the announcer said he looks like a true Michigan back...are they smoking something? sometimes the announcers they choose for games are just puzzling

Trent is already one the top backs in the league

Really? Just saw an article a few weeks ago that he was one of the biggest rookie disappointments of the yr. I havent followed him much but from reading that he hasnt been anywhere close to a top RB.

Really? Just saw an article a few weeks ago that he was one of the biggest rookie disappointments of the yr. I havent followed him much but from reading that he hasnt been anywhere close to a top RB.

I would never read anything from that writer again, then, if I were you. Richardson's had a hell of a rookie season, and has a VERY bright future. Needs a QB and a couple other NFL caliber O-lineman.

*Ahem* So either someone is lying or he may be in real trouble. If, indeed, he does run 5 miles/day to stay in shape then he may outgrow the position. It's great that he was motivated enough to want to play to lose 40 lbs but running 5 miles/day won't and doesn't help with speed. How much stamina do you need? May be overworking those slow twitch fibers.

Just my 2 cents.

Not sure if serious

Yes, I should have said top young backs though. Almost 1000 yds, with a terrible team, and QB. He also scored 11 td's. Far from a bust, and there is no doubt in my mind he will be one of the best in a few years.

Yes, I should have said top young backs though. Almost 1000 yds, with a terrible team, and QB. He also scored 11 td's. Far from a bust, and there is no doubt in my mind he will be one of the best in a few years.

Your right, I wouldnt say a bust, but Honestly 1000 yards isnt hard to do if your a starting RB. If you start 16 you only have to average about 62 yards a game.

I'm pretty sure Trent led his team in receiving as well. He is the only good player in that offense.

Edit: He was second on his team in receptions.

Last edited:

Just my 2 cents.

Very true, too much distance running will slow you down. I don't believe the 5 miles a day thing though. Means he is in better shape than most high level boxers and MMA fighters.

Quote shows obvious ignorance to the endurance of athletes. Hope no one asks you for conditioning advice.

Dude I really don't need your approval. There's a reason sprinters don't do a lot of distance running. I've seen my methods work on more than one athlete. But if you have a style or method that works on the kids you train more power to you.

Dude I really don't need your approval. There's a reason sprinters don't do a lot of distance running. I've seen my methods work on more than one athlete. But if you have a style or method that works on the kids you train more power to you.

Not laughing at anything other than thinking 5 mile runs put you above or even close to the cardio level of boxers and MMA athletes. I just don't see a 35 -40 min run having a negative effect on an athlete, but hey, it's Tennessee, we'll bi&") about anything.

Reactions: 1 person
Quote shows obvious ignorance to the endurance of athletes. Hope no one asks you for conditioning advice.

Actually, he's correct. I was a long distance runner through HS and my 1st two years of college, running, ona average 10-13 miles per day. My last 2 years I wanted to focus on the 800 and 1500 (as opposed to 5000 and 5 mile in Cross Country) so I took my distances down considerably, focused on sprint work, and focused on heavier weight lifting.

Fast twitch can be developed, however world class speed is God given.

VN Store

Back