Pastner is a joke! Stoudamire is the coach of Memphis St.

bamacheats

YKW = Basilio's Bish
For those of you at home last night, Damon Stoudamire was the coach. He took control of huddles during time outs. He was coaching the bench. Players on the court during dead balls were looking to him for instructions. Pastner's job was to just move around and hold up sheets of paper occasionally.

I look for Damon to get a much better job real soon. Pastner will be a career assistant after this gig.

That game last night is why I love basketball. Memphis St. didn't play a very good game (outside of Jackson, kid is awesome) and still won. They took a ton of horrible shots, but they kept going in. That final three, right in McRae's face, was a horrible decision, terrible choice, but it went in. That's basketball. That's why I love it!

The Memphis game is history.
could we please, return this to a UT volnation board and not Tigers.2

The Memphis game is history.
could we please, return this to a UT volnation board and not Tigers.2

Actually just for next year imo.

RT @BFQuinn: Dave Hart on if Memphis won't play: "We'll play a neutral-site game there. We're going to have a presence in Memphis."

Grant Milner ‏@GrantMilner

Just spoke with Shirley Raines. She said she preferred not to comment on the series, but that both ADs are working hard to keep it going.

Rob Fischer ‏@thefishnation

RT @BFQuinn: UT AD Dave Hart in statement to KNS "Over the course of the last couple of days, we’ve had multiple conversations w/ (Memphis)"

RT @JimmyHyams: Memphis coach Josh Pastner on SportsTalk didn't rule out playing UT in future. Said he & AD will 're-evaluate' playing vols

From Memphis AD Tom Bowen, #FishNStats has learned that Memphis-Tennessee are in talks to continue series in both basketball and football...

For those of you at home last night, Damon Stoudamire was the coach. He took control of huddles during time outs. He was coaching the bench. Players on the court during dead balls were looking to him for instructions. Pastner's job was to just move around and hold up sheets of paper occasionally.

I look for Damon to get a much better job real soon. Pastner will be a career assistant after this gig.

That game last night is why I love basketball. Memphis St. didn't play a very good game (outside of Jackson, kid is awesome) and still won. They took a ton of horrible shots, but they kept going in. That final three, right in McRae's face, was a horrible decision, terrible choice, but it went in. That's basketball. That's why I love it!

I agree with your post. Regarding Stoudamire, he may end up being the coach at Memphis, possibly. Bowen has gone behind Pastners back, and I believe to get him to leave. They, and as Tennessee fans can relate, don't wanna pay the buyouts of the staff.

Actually just for next year imo.

RT @BFQuinn: Dave Hart on if Memphis won't play: "We'll play a neutral-site game there. We're going to have a presence in Memphis."

Grant Milner ‏@GrantMilner

Just spoke with Shirley Raines. She said she preferred not to comment on the series, but that both ADs are working hard to keep it going.

RT @BFQuinn: UT AD Dave Hart in statement to KNS "Over the course of the last couple of days, we’ve had multiple conversations w/ (Memphis)"

RT @JimmyHyams: Memphis coach Josh Pastner on SportsTalk didn't rule out playing UT in future. Said he & AD will 're-evaluate' playing vols

From Memphis AD Tom Bowen, #FishNStats has learned that Memphis-Tennessee are in talks to continue series in both basketball and football...

Ha, I love it. Let's get a Louisville series going played in Memphis

Reactions: 2 people

I thought Memphis played a really good game honestly. They imposed their will, and didnt crumble when Tennessee made a comeback. In their first road game, they looked very comfortable. Jackson you mentioned, but I was impressed with Thomas, Stephens, and Gerron Johnson hit some super-clutch contested 3's.

I thought Memphis played a really good game honestly. They imposed their will, and didnt crumble when Tennessee made a comeback. In their first road game, they looked very comfortable. Jackson you mentioned, but I was impressed with Thomas, Stephens, and Gerron Johnson hit some super-clutch contested 3's.

Jackson played a really good game. Memphis St didn't play well at all. What you consider 'super-clutch' looked to me like super-luck. A line drive hook shot that swishes? That guy won't duplicate that shot the rest of his life. They were just unconscious from 3. Yemi misses a point blank lay in? Josh misses an easier dunk? Memphis pulled that game outta their ass.

Jackson played a really good game. Memphis St didn't play well at all. What you consider 'super-clutch' looked to me like super-luck. A line drive hook shot that swishes? That guy won't duplicate that shot the rest of his life. They were just unconscious from 3. Yemi misses a point blank lay in? Josh misses an easier dunk? Memphis pulled that game outta their ass.

sour grapes......

Reactions: 3 people

Gerron Johnson hit two huge 3's when Tennessee was within 6 points with a hand in his face. Call it luck all you want.

It's not luck when one team makes the mistakes we made and Memphis capitalized on them. It's called missed opportunities vs capitalizing on opportunities.

You are may be right about Stoudamire, but you're assertion that Memphis is garbage outside of JJ, that they were the beneficiary of good luck, and Tennessee was simply a victim of bad luck, well, you are simply making excuses. Breaks go against you in games like this, and you must overcome them.

The better team at this time won.

Gerron Johnson hit two huge 3's when Tennessee was within 6 points with a hand in his face. Call it luck all you want.

It's not luck when one team makes the mistakes we made and Memphis capitalized on them. It's called missed opportunities vs capitalizing on opportunities.

You are may be right about Stoudamire, but you're assertion that Memphis is garbage outside of JJ, that they were the beneficiary of good luck, and Tennessee was simply a victim of bad luck, well, you are simply making excuses. Breaks go against you in games like this, and you must overcome them.

The better team at this time won.

Let the season play out. Memphis St. will show what they are.

Let the season play out. Memphis St. will show what they are.

Fair enough, but I'm not arguing their season results. You said they didn't play well last night and essentially, were lucky to beat us.

I disagree. IMO, the better team last night, won. You don't have to agree, but your reasoning thus far, smacks of sour grapes.

Fair enough, but I'm not arguing their season results. You said they didn't play well last night and essentially, were lucky to beat us.

I disagree. IMO, the better team last night, won. You don't have to agree, but your reasoning thus far, smacks of sour grapes.

Lol! Sour grapes? I said that's why I love the game of basketball, and its sour grapes? My team lost by missing point blank lay ins and a guy on the other team who was 3 for 18 on 3s for the season is burying them, the stats go contrary to season averages, I still love it, but its sour grapes? Really?

The more talented team won last night. That squad is coached down and the season will prove it. Pastner's saving grace is his pitiful conference.

Lol! Sour grapes? I said that's why I love the game of basketball, and its sour grapes? My team lost by missing point blank lay ins and a guy on the other team who was 3 for 18 on 3s for the season is burying them, the stats go contrary to season averages, I still love it, but its sour grapes? Really?

The more talented team won last night. That squad is coached down and the season will prove it. Pastner's saving grace is his pitiful conference.

so you discount the 3's hit by memphis but what about the range displayed by Mcrae, that sure wasn't the norm for him.

so you discount the 3's hit by memphis but what about the range displayed by Mcrae, that sure wasn't the norm for him.

McRae can shoot the 3, but he's streaky. He's either on or off. Last night he caught fire. The problem is he doesn't do it consistently.

I thought Memphis played a very good game. I was proud of the way Tennessee didn't quit and came back to almost win it at the end. One other good thing that Pastner did good all night was spaz out every time anything went against Memphis! He reminds me of Will muschamp at Florida during games.

I'll use this quote to illustrate it again. You say, point blank, Memphis didn't play a good game. That is flat out wrong. Arguing otherwise is foolish. Gerron Johnson's two 3's were clutch. You predictably call it lucky. I won't argue that Pastner is a good coach because he's not.

We plain got beat by the better team last night, which you seem to admit in your last post. Don't call it lucky thst the breaks went Memphis' way. That is what seems like sour grapes to me, and it's the way it cones across. It may not have been your intent, but that is how it seemed in print.

He has put up points before but not like that. Just like Johnson isn't known for knocking down 3's consistently either for Memphis.

true but he was one of the top Juco's in the country last season and was recruited by many major D-1 programs, so he has the ability. Being the Johnson was ineligible earlier in the season i think than he's finally finding his rhythm with this team.

I'll use this quote to illustrate it again. You say, point blank, Memphis didn't play a good game. That is flat out wrong. Arguing otherwise is foolish. Gerron Johnson's two 3's were clutch. You predictably call it lucky. I won't argue that Pastner is a good coach because he's not.

We plain got beat by the better team last night, which you seem to admit in your last post. Don't call it lucky thst the breaks went Memphis' way. That is what seems like sour grapes to me, and it's the way it cones across. It may not have been your intent, but that is how it seemed in print.

I'm pretty confident that the season will prove that Memphis St. is not that much better of a team. The fact they squandered most of a 21 pnt second half lead to a cold shooting team with much less talent is enough evidence.

I think Jackson is a great player who does things that make others better than they are. What I see, is that because Jackson is so good, it appears that the team is better than they are. It's not coincidence that we were on a 14-4 run with him on the bench.

As for the bolded statement, that tends to be the definition of lucky.

VN Store

Back