The Runner's thread

Thanks! I printed that out. Sounds pretty reasonable. I'm going on my first run Fri eve. All outside. Can't do treadmills.

I've never heard of Fleet Feet. I've tried on some Nike, Asics, Saucony, NB, and Mizuno. So far I like the Mizunos the best.

Fleet Feet is a chain of running stores. Most cities have one or you might have a local running store. Those places are better than Dicks or a place at the mall. They will check your stride and recommend a shoe.

Thanks! I printed that out. Sounds pretty reasonable. I'm going on my first run Fri eve. All outside. Can't do treadmills.

I've never heard of Fleet Feet. I've tried on some Nike, Asics, Saucony, NB, and Mizuno. So far I like the Mizunos the best.

There is a fleet feet in turkey creek. I stopped by there when I was up for a game one weekend. It was well worth it. They really weren't that much more expensive when it came down to it. As tri said you can do this as long as you stay committed. It's not going to be easy but will be well worth the effort. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

There is a fleet feet in turkey creek. I stopped by there when I was up for a game one weekend. It was well worth it. They really weren't that much more expensive when it came down to it. As tri said you can do this as long as you stay committed. It's not going to be easy but will be well worth the effort. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

I live in Farragut, I'll look for it. Thanks.

If, by the end of February, I'm still not feeling much progress, I'm only committing to the half marathon and walking it if necessary.

7 degrees at the start of my run this morning and 5 at the end. Had to sacrifice a glove to keep my little buddy warm. Managed 6 miles in 42:10.

7 degrees at the start of my run this morning and 5 at the end. Had to sacrifice a glove to keep my little buddy warm. Managed 6 miles in 42:10.

20° is my cut off. Colder than that and im on the treadmill. You are tougher than me.

I don't mind the cold that much b/c I'm a gear junkie and it's a good excuse for having and using some nice running clothes. The novelty will wear off soon though. It could easily be argued that it's stupidity and not toughness.

5K this afternoon at 22:23 a 7:11 pace. It was 31 degrees for my run. I thought that was cold, so don't think I'd survive a run at 5 degrees.

3.2 last night. First run in a while. It was very slow 7:36 pace. I hope to get back into the swing of things now and get my pace back down to were it was.

The novelty of the cold has worn off as 13 this morning was way worse than 5 degrees yesterday. However, managed my longest run since August (just over 7 in 51 minutes) and pain free!

My first week back and my times have been terrible. My breathing is not back to where I want it to be. Had to stop a couple of times to catch breath. Oh we'll, gotta keep fighting through it and it'll get better

7:36 is not very slow. Good luck getting back into it.

I know it's not a bad pace but my runs before I "took a break" where in the 7:06 to 7:12 pace. Just goes to show what happens when you take a break and eat like crap during that break.

I found the Fleet Feet store. It's next door to a Mexican restaurant I go to a lot. It took about 30 minutes but I bought these....

Attachments

• 197971_1345962136QqQv.jpg
    197971_1345962136QqQv.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1
3.2 last night. First run in a while. It was very slow 7:36 pace. I hope to get back into the swing of things now and get my pace back down to were it was.

I'm pretty certain that I can't even run 7:36 straight without stopping, and my distance would be measured in yards.

I found the Fleet Feet store. It's next door to a Mexican restaurant I go to a lot. It took about 30 minutes but I bought these....

Good lookin' shoes. What did you think about the Fleet Feet store? I was pretty impressed with them and I will use them again.

I'm pretty certain that I can't even run 7:36 straight without stopping, and my distance would be measured in yards.

:lolabove: It's all about getting started. For me I have been running for two years straight plus I ran all through out high school. Everyone runs at their own pace and the main goal is just finishing your distances.

VN Store

Back