'13 FL ATH Lemond Johnson (UT Commit 12/16/12)

not really. Lawson would be a start tho

Clowney had Melvin Ingram and Devin Taylor. that allowed Clowney to be a strictly pass rush guy and face one on one blocking his Freshman year.

Monday Night Football announcer until 1983. Made a racist comment about a couple rb's and asked to leave.

Most famous moment was announcing John Lennon's death during a Monday Night Football airing.

Handled boxing matches, the Olympics and many other sports.

Reactions: 1 person
Monday Night Football announcer until 1983. Made a racist comment about a couple rb's and asked to leave.

Most famous moment was announcing John Lennon's death during a Monday Night Football airing.

Thanks , but still don't see the connection... He was fond of monkeys?

He was an old, pompous, cantankerous man who had worn the last nerve of those who employed him but he was in no way a racist. He made a very inappropriate comment when he called Alvin Garrett a "little monkey" on MNF, the only problem was that it was a term he'd used many times before in reference to white players. Not to mention what he called his own grandson.

All anyone has to do is look at the way he interacted with Ali, at a time when the initial reaction for most in the media to a loud and opinionated black athlete was not a favorable one, to know that Cosell was far from a racist.

He was an old, pompous, cantankerous man who had worn the last nerve of those who employed him but he was in no way a racist. He made a very inappropriate comment when he called Alvin Garrett a "little monkey" on MNF, the only problem was that it was a term he'd used many times before in reference to white players. Not to mention what he called his own grandson.

All anyone has to do is look at the way he interacted with Ali, at a time when the initial reaction for most in the media to a loud and opinionated black athlete was not a favorable one, to know that Cosell was far from a racist.

This is all true. History will not be kind to Howard in spite of the real facts. He has a memorable voice and was THE commentator for all important sporting events. Him and the olympics announcer, whose name escapes me atm

This is all true. History will not be kind to Howard in spite of the real facts. He has a memorable voice and was THE commentator for all important sporting events. Him and the olympics announcer, whose name escapes me atm

Probably referring to Jim McKay. One of the absolute greatest of all time.

Monkeys????

Whoa whoa whoa. It disgusts me that anyone would take a harmless comment and turn it into racism with absolutely nothing to base it on. First of all its a message board, I have no idea whether someone is white, black, Asian or orange so if I ever wanted to make a racist comment, that would be tough. For all anyone knows Im a native american anthropologist that refers to all humanity as monkeys because I believe thats where humans came from. It was said in complete playfulness, I call my nieces and nephews monkeys for Christs sake. So for someone to take an innocent comment and take it the racist direction with absolutely no reason to says a little about yourself. I hope in the future people think a little bit before letting their mind go that direction.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back