Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FootballVolUniform6-7_zps1a7311f2.jpg

I like that. The side by side also shows me that I like the black outline better than no outline. Makes the numbers stand out better. I feel sorry for poor John Ward, trying to read light orange on white from the visitor's press box for all those years before we added them.

Yeah, I thought turning the facemask white would be a little different as everyone is going black and orange from the other stuff I've seen. Withthe orange helmet I thought it made a nice contrast.

I'll put the collar over on the other one, add in some shoulder numerals as well. I'll also probably fix the gloves to be orange and white (or black) as well, maybe do the shoes in white with orange laces like Patterson and company wore.

So what is your personal opinion of this look? How highly would it rank compared to all of the other uniform mockups you have done for UT?

So what is your personal opinion of this look? How highly would it rank compared to all of the other uniform mockups you have done for UT?

Oh, I'm all for primary orange and white schemes with us, though I don't mind black trimmings here and there for distinction between the colors. I'd say these at the top of my list versus the primarily black versions I have made.

I figure I'll also do the "storm trooper" look such as the one in Little's image, I always did like the nearly all white, guess cause it was bright and in your face kinda thing.

off topic, but love cincy's new helmets for their bowl game coming up

528231_314138392035295_2053734106_n.png

if TN could pull off something like that....

Anyone have an idea as to what this kind of texture/pattern would be called? Seeing if I can't find it and see how that'd look on an orange or white Vol helmet.

Are colors are orange and white.

Charles Moore, president of the university's athletic association, chose orange and white for the school colors on April 12, 1889. His inspiration is said to have come from orange and white daisies which grew on the Hill. To this day there are still orange and white flowers grown outside the University Center. Although students confirmed the colors at a special meeting in 1892, dissatisfaction caused the colors to be dropped. No other acceptable colors were agreed to, however, so the colors were reinstated one day later and orange and white have remained the university colors since. The official Tennessee orange is Pantone Matching System number 151.

There weren't any other colored daisies on that hill.

Our colors are orange and white period!!!!

Incorrect. We have had more than O&W in our color scheme. May need to do some research Hero. Nlack was part of it before we were around.

Incorrect. We have had more than O&W in our color scheme. May need to do some research Hero. Nlack was part of it before we were around.

Ok, again, let's get rid of the checkerboards, or the open T, or the Vol Walk, etc. Those things weren't there when we wore black, so they can be tossed aside, too, right?

Reactions: 2 people
Ok, again, let's get rid of the checkerboards, or the open T, or the Vol Walk, etc. Those things weren't there when we wore black, so they can be tossed aside, too, right?

Yeah, and go back to 20,000 seats.
We get it you will never accept anything that contains anything other than only orange and only white.
I agree in that our school identity is orange and white.
My daughter who is 9 doesn't like the all black uniform, I agree.
I showed her some of the ones floating around, and she only liked a few of them. She represents the future true fans. I get it, everyone gets it. There is middle ground. If you use black or smokey to make the orange and white have contrast, it brings those colors to new light. Its like this you admire the light more when you are surrounded by darkness. Orange and white are the best complimentary colors in the word IMO, call it VOL bias. But, a little contrast would make them stand out more.
I love the idea of using black in a place where it serves a purpose.
I would love to see a giant orange power T covering most of the uniform(one on the front and one on the back), outlined in white, and black or smokey background. White numbers, no names on the back, just the number. That in my opinion says we are Tennessee, and not a collection of players but 1 team. While I love the white helmets, I think we do need black ones, and orange ones.
I do not think anyone at least not true fans are saying change the colors to orange and black. As to the "halloweinies" the ones that think its to candy corn, well, maybe our players are justified in wanting to put a little fear in the other teams.
Here is a thought let them earn the right to wear what they want. Get to a bowl game, and you can vote as a team what to wear. How is that for modivation.
GBO,

Yeah, and go back to 20,000 seats.
We get it you will never accept anything that contains anything other than only orange and only white.
I agree in that our school identity is orange and white.
My daughter who is 9 doesn't like the all black uniform, I agree.
I showed her some of the ones floating around, and she only liked a few of them. She represents the future true fans. I get it, everyone gets it. There is middle ground. If you use black or smokey to make the orange and white have contrast, it brings those colors to new light. Its like this you admire the light more when you are surrounded by darkness. Orange and white are the best complimentary colors in the word IMO, call it VOL bias. But, a little contrast would make them stand out more.
I love the idea of using black in a place where it serves a purpose.
I would love to see a giant orange power T covering most of the uniform(one on the front and one on the back), outlined in white, and black or smokey background. White numbers, no names on the back, just the number. That in my opinion says we are Tennessee, and not a collection of players but 1 team. While I love the white helmets, I think we do need black ones, and orange ones.
I do not think anyone at least not true fans are saying change the colors to orange and black. As to the "halloweinies" the ones that think its to candy corn, well, maybe our players are justified in wanting to put a little fear in the other teams.
Here is a thought let them earn the right to wear what they want. Get to a bowl game, and you can vote as a team what to wear. How is that for modivation.
GBO,

Where did I say "only"? Find it. As a matter of fact, I did like the gray. I don't mind black being used to outline the numbers or the stripe on the helmet, or the T. But, the dominating colors of this school and team are orange and white. The school and history is bigger than any player or group of players. I've even liked some of the modified uniforms that have been thrown out there. But it is petty to think that we HAVE to change for any damn reason in the world.

You are right, we are not obligated, and should not feel we have to change the uniforms. I think however it should be thought of as we can, that we are also not obligated to remain the same.
People, fans, and players alike are diverse. The players want a sense of ownership, and style. There is nothing wrong with that. If such a small concession could provide any measure of team unity, and pride, why should fans stand in the way. I do like the idea of alot of black in the uniform. Though the all black is way overboard, as my daughter said, "Where is the orange and white. I don't like it its not Tennessee"

I apologize for my previous post. I am with flu and am a bit feverish. Some posts kind of run together. I likely did misrepresent your opinions, though I asure you it was in err not by intent.
Thank you for not getting overly offended

GBO

Everyone had black uni's before 1921. Tennessee school colors have always been Orange and White. Please find me one quote that black was ever one of Tennessee's school colors. Yes we had black uni's and so did every other team in the nation. In 21' teams started using their school colors in their uni's. Now go back and do you're homework.

Just because we had black uni's previous to 1921 does not make black a school color. Is that so hard to understand?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back