Jones Staff

So we are giving him at least $3M for his staff yet he's bringing most of his staff from cincy??

If he doesn't get Tee I'm going to flip

HC - Butch Jones

OC - Mike Bajakian
OL - Don Mahoney
QB - Darrin Hinshaw
WR - Tee Martin or TJ Wiest

DC/LB - John Jancek (Kevin Steele) or Both
DL - Steve Stripling (Marion Hobby)
ST/S - Mark Elder

TE - Dave Johnson

I think the staff will look something like this. I would be ok with that. I don't think it is the best staff in the country but it will be solid. I think continuity is important and Jones will keep some of his guys. Steele and Hobby are UT guys that can help with recruiting. With those two guys, Tee, Graham, and Hinshaw, recruiting will be fine.

No, their whole team was terrible. Wasn't VG's defenses at UGA dominant? I could be wrong on that
They were nasty good. Coached there for four years and gave up more than 30 points only once, and that was in 2003 to Saban's national championship team at LSU in the SEC championship.

Last edited:
Butch Jones (hc)

Mike Bajakian (oc/qb)
Don Mahoney (ol)
Jay Graham (rb)
Tee Martin (wr)
Rich bisachia (te/st)

Randy Shannon [Ron Zook] (dc/db)
Jon Jancek (lb/ahc)
Marion hobby (dl)
Mark Elder (st/s)

Mike Szerszen (s/c)
Antoine Davis (vfl)

Kinda hoping with the Bisachia thing. UT has tried acouple times to get him, maybe third times a charm.
Randy Shannon or Ron Zook would be a GREAT get.
Associate head coach (& maybe Co-DC) for Jancek to thank him for stepping To LB and still get him a raise.

FearlessFreep nailed it. Graham only staff member retained.

This is what I was hoping for. We need to completely turn the page from the previous regime. I like Graham because he is a VFL, but the others needed to go. It was a losing staff.

So if the cliff notes are right then what happened to best staff in the country? Looks like a staff that might be lucky to be considered top 25.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If Hubbs is right, I am not seeing how this is the best staff in the country.

No really.

So many of these Vol fans were all quoting BJ when he said that he was going to hire the best staff in America. Apparently, his staff at Cinci was "the best in America.

I find it quite funny that these fans really think thought he was going to go hire all these big gun assistants!!!

But when all the hires are announced and their are few "big names" all those same fans will then say that the staff is one of the best in America. Why don't they just say that anyone BJ hires is awesome??? Typical sunshine and puppy dogs.

The way the staff is shaping up, Saban, Miles, Richt, Muschamp, Spurrier give us a collective yawn.

Staff is far from "Best in America". Staff grade (if Hubbs and Co. are accurate: C-

What on this staff is going to make kid go "oh wow I want to play for him"?

This x 1,000.

But you and I both know that the self-anointed "true-vol fans" will give BJ a pass on his staff.

And he get a pass on his first recruiting class because it is his first year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back