It's Done - Strong will be announced [unconfirmed]

Strong told team he is leaving today, was asked by Hart to keep it quite until he gets to Knoxville, UL players not allowed to talk, so the stroy about 7:30 meeting was leaked but UL says they have nor press conference scheduled for tommorow, I think UT will have a press conference tonight or tommorow morning early to announce him, I think they are using another plane to bring him back, Hart may have even stayed in Lousville to ride with him, think it all part of Hart wanted to be the one who breaks the story I dont think he wants the media to really have a clue what is going on in my opiniontake it for what its worth I may be totally wrong

Please remember this is a theory only

Hart must have flown to Louisville to stop Strong from telling his football team that he was staying. Why else would he fly up there to come back empty handed? Of course Hart made a huge counter offer to try to get him to reconsider. This is just like when Hamilton flew to Texas to beg Muschamp to come to UT. Muschamp in turn talked Hamilton into hiring Dooley.

This embarrassing and concerning that we end up with another Dooley.

On the other hand, it could end up similar to when Mal Moore botched the Rich Rod to Bama.

The report goes as Strong met with players, told them he did not know his decision yet. He is having another meeting in the morning and is supposedly addressing the media at 8am. An interesting tidbit was the players were told not to say a word, which is common. So, unless Strong actually told the players what he was doing and they spill the beans, we will know about Strong in the morning. This has been exhausting to say the least.

Reactions: 1 person
Tifwiw
Meeting between Strong and his players in the morning at 730. Press Conference at 8. My sources all say we got him in round 2. 4.0 million per year. 5 yrs.

Since Strong is mulling over this offer, he needs to stay at Louisville. Who wants a coach that is halfway committed. I want a coach that is all in!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Tifwiw
Meeting between Strong and his players in the morning at 730. Press Conference at 8. My sources all say we got him in round 2. 4.0 million per year. 5 yrs.

I like Strong and think he would do a solid job here however if the $4 million a year is accurate I would just as soon him tell us no. If Malzahn who was the real reason Auburn won the national championship is worth 2.3 and Bielema is worth 3.2 then Strong is worth no more then 3.0 if that much.

My guy says 50/50 at this point. No one knows if Strong will say yes or not. If he accepts, he says UT fans will be "shocked" to see what we are offering.

Says it will come out in The media that Strong said yes, then got cold feet and that Gruden was NEVER offered.

Since Strong is mulling over this offer, he needs to stay at Louisville. Who wants a coach that is halfway committed. I want a coach that is all in!!!!!!!!!!!

That's ridiculous it's not easy for a person with integrity to make a decision like this. I'm sure he feels like he is turning his back on his players especially the ones he recruited out of South Florida. If he takes the job he will be ""all in" as you say. I hate to bring him up like everyone else but it took Saban weeks/months to say yes to Alabama. Do you think he is/was half committed?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back