Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right behind the "Strong" recruiter in order. . . .Duke, Toledo, Houston, Central Michigan, East Carolina. . . . do I need to go on? If he only has 12 spots then that is more the reason to make sure you have quality recruits. He is a joke.

You don't understand how rankings work do you?

We shall see about all the great recruiter comments. Who hasnt been a great recruiyer had florida? He hasnt exactly been lights out at louisville and Im not impressed with winning the big east.

Reactions: 2 people
True colors showing.

Get made a fool by bold predictions, then follow up by blaming the bs on Hart, and withdraw supposed support for the program.

Hey Boro,
Take your ball to another program please. That's a ****ty attitude and makes you as big of a loser as any poster that has posted here, if you indeed are serious.

A loser accepts mediocrity. Sounds alot like you. How's the government job?

Reactions: 5 people
Well we will be going through this same sh$&. In 3 years !!!! At least maybe we will get a real AD after this debacle!

All in until its all out

But I like Strong if that is the way it goes. Great recruiter and defensive mind.

This.
He has 10 commits because he is leaving. I pointed this out the other day, but it clearly bears repeating. A low # of commits is a good indicator of which coaches are playing on the coaching carousel (or at least listening to offers) before they give potential commits the hard sell.
That said, the only evidence I have seen of "great recruiter" is Jayson Swain's assertion that a "bunch of high profile recruits" are going to switch their commits to UT if Strong is hired.
Beyond that, I think it would be pretty hard to support an argument that Strong didn't play an important role in getting really talented kids to come to SC and Florida to play defense for him.

You Strong supporters finally won me over! SEC championships are way overrated and who the eff would possibly want a National championship! YAY LOSING!

Reactions: 7 people
Simply put, you Boro needs to STFU.

Some of you guys that say this stuff are just as sad as the people that will jump off a bridge if it's not Gruden. You act like it's their fault for getting your hopes up and you want someone to be mad at because you're disappointed. It was your choice to read the thread, your choice to believe what was said, and your choice to put all of your stock in Gruden. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't. If it doesn't, that doesn't make anyone a troll, they could have just had bad info. It doesn't take a genius to see that. /rant

Some of you guys that say this stuff are just as sad as the people that will jump off a bridge if it's not Gruden. You act like it's their fault for getting your hopes up and you want someone to be mad at because you're disappointed. It was your choice to read the thread, your choice to believe what was said, and your choice to put all of your stock in Gruden. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't. If it doesn't, that doesn't make anyone a troll, they could have just had bad info. It doesn't take a genius to see that. /rant

Preach :rock:

If you would like to have a thought out conversation about the still remaining possibility that Gruden is hired, this should be a good place to do so. Fact is, mudslinging and berating does NOT make any scenario more or less likely.

Coming in here and proclaiming "It's not going to be Gruden," and likewise "Gruden 100%," does not change the events that will actually take place. It's easy to hide behind the anonymity of a chat room, but heaven forbid you at least have some respect.

Is this asking too much? Probably, but it would be nice to see people with at least a hint of civility. If you would like to discuss, fine. If you would like to $hit on each other for a misguided sense of gaining future e-cred or bragging rights (regardless of opinion), I think that's sad.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought it had already been state like a million times that Gruden couldn't leave for the nfl until 2016... Much less talk with other coaches about potential jobs with him in the nfl. Doesn't he have a slight advantage working for MNF? I think all this crap about him going to an nfl team is just that... Crap.

If he coaches anywhere, it's UT. I'm all in!!

As far as a college goes, I feel UT is the only school he would ever look at. However, I think he would consider NFL if it was the perfect situation. My guy tells me, he will either be our next coach or remain in the booth. I'm still holding out hope that he will wear Orange very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back