Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "Strong offer" similar to the Arky "offer to Les Miles"? That had to have been some sort of smokescreen, right?

I still think it's Gruden. My prediction has always been Dec. 12th.

Wrong.

This thread is just one glimpse of what is to come if Hart doesn't make a great hire.

And BTW, if the hiring wasn't Gruden, but was a great coach, you wouldn't be seeing the panic. And I'm not talking Cowher/Saban/Belichick - even Gundy would probably be okay with more than half of the Grudenites.

Yes, you would, strictly because his name isn't Jon Gruden.

Don't act like this fan base isn't stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
This thread has turned a fan base against each other.

I thought Gruden was supposed to unite the fan base?

No, the anti-grude will divide the fanbase, and the true second coming of the Grude will reunite us all...

I can play crazy too...

Still all in though.

FTR, I think we're coming out as the winners either way from this coaching search. Auburn didn't learn the first time around and Arky hired an overrated hack from the Big Ten. It looks like we're getting Strong this week or we wait a little and get Gruden. Yes, it's the Big East, but Louisville was a trainwreck when he took over and he just took them to a 10 win season. It's difficult for anyone to recruit at UL because of lack of fertile recruiting ground and limited football resources (UL and the Big East in general is all about basketball). Give Strong UT's resources (facilities, recruiting budget), more access to fertile recruiting ground, and the money to build a good staff and UT will be competing for the SEC again in the near future. It won't be as awesome as Gruden (what would?) but we'll win ball games.

I wonder if we could work out a trade with Vandy if Strong is hired... I am not a Franklin fan at all, but I would have rather had him than Strong if Strong is hired for some reason...

It could be that Franklin has Vandy in the top 20 in recruiting and well... you just need to look up where the other team is at...

True colors showing.

Get made a fool by bold predictions, then follow up by blaming the bs on Hart, and withdraw supposed support for the program.

Hey Boro, I was kidding before. I'm not now. That's weak sauce for butthurt pansies if you ask me.
Take your ball to another program please. That's a ****ty attitude and makes you as big of a loser as any poster that has posted here, if you indeed are serious.

Reactions: 9 people
sorry guys, but i dont think any one was really on harts list except Strong. I may be wrong but I think he was going with strong all along. I hope not

Not very. I hung through the sh!tty final years of Fulmer, Kiffin, and the up until the Akron game on board with Dooley.

This had less to do with the hire, if there is one, and more to do with the Carpet Bagger Bammer leadership we gave the keys to.

You drones need to understand, this thing we call Vol Football is a product. Like any product, if I disagree with its value I vote for its change or removal from the market with my dollars. It does not define my existance like it does so many.

I enjoy it....I love the University I attended, but if they screw up this hire I have to make changes. Why be loyal to an entity that is not loyal to me, or others like me?

Well, dang, Texas A&M don't care about you, either. Why should you pledge loyalty to them, or anyone else for that matter? You'll be a man without a team, and that's a lonely place.

Not very. I hung through the sh!tty final years of Fulmer, Kiffin, and the up until the Akron game on board with Dooley.

This had less to do with the hire, if there is one, and more to do with the Carpet Bagger Bammer leadership we gave the keys to.

You drones need to understand, this thing we call Vol Football is a product. Like any product, if I disagree with its value I vote for its change or removal from the market with my dollars. It does not define my existance like it does so many.

I enjoy it....I love the University I attended, but if they screw up this hire I have to make changes. Why be loyal to an entity that is not loyal to me, or others like me?

Do you guys know who ur screwing with when ya tread on boro?? Well let me say his source is directing this hire and prob the biggest factor in closing the deal on gruden sit back gru will be next HC!! There ya go bruin a little nugget for ya

Reactions: 4 people
Yes, you would, strictly because his name isn't Jon Gruden.

Don't act like this fan base isn't stupid.

Have you never listened to the Sports Animal callers? I would say plenty of our fans are stupid. "Uh.. uh Jimmy, you know I think ole' Hart should let you do the coaching interviews."

Reactions: 1 person
I cannot get over the idiot trolls that come in here to spew their hatred and swing their keyboard pricks around.

You believe he isnt coming...great! What else can you bring that has any merit of a conversation? Nothing that I have seen.

My ignore list has helped a ton, but they keep coming.

Hitting the ignore button like whack a mole? Ha ha whach a troll....

I don't use the ignore feature i like reading ignorance sometimes...

True colors showing.

Get made a fool by bold predictions, then follow up by blaming the bs on Hart, and withdraw supposed support for the program.

Hey Boro, I was kidding before. I'm not now. That's weak sauce for butthurt pansies if you ask me.
Take your ball to another program please. That's a ****ty attitude and makes you as big of a loser as any poster that has posted here, if you indeed are serious.

Truth hurts.

He's also one of those "insiders"(LOLOLOL).

He likes to think he knows everything about everything. We're better off without people like him in the fanbase.

Iv called him out for a long time now. He has no source. Never did. A big troll. I even offered a ban bet with him. He turned it down of course. Dude is a complete joke and now a A&M fan apparently.

So well said, Boro.

Strong Supporters: You can get all high and mighty about VFL, but remember that the vast majority of Vol fans are less forgiving than Boro.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back