Chris Low and Paul Finebaum report charlie strong front-runner for UT job

Is Charlie Strong the best that Hart can get? C'mon Man... He coaches at Louisville or Western Kentucky... someplace like that. Sad day if that's the best Hart can do. Hart start packing your bags. :salute:

Who do you prefer?

Can I get an amen???!!

Amen...and as for race, I think ignorance in our fanbase is bigger than racism. This is a GOOD hire. The wheels has come off at Louisville due to coaching attrition and he built them back. Knows SEC. Recruits well. The defensive mind behind Meyers killer run at Florida.

Do homework before criticizing. This is no Dooley hire.

Reactions: 2 people
When Florida waxes them in the sugar bowl you'll have a preview of what we can continue to expect at Tennessee.

That makes sense. If he can't beat FLA with Big East talent, then we surely can't expect anything different with SEC talent and facilities.

Reactions: 3 people
Anyone look at Louisville's Rival page? Strong does not have a single 4 star committed. Im not sure how this is a powerhouse hire.

When Florida waxes them in the sugar bowl you'll have a preview of what we can continue to expect at Tennessee.

Yes because the talent level between the two is the same. The idea is for him to come here, get equal talent and then start beating our rivals.

Sad day in Tennessee. Very upset if this is the guy.

Please, tell us who you think they should hire? And I would love for someone to provide the name of 1 experienced, SEC level head coach who would leave their current position to come here and fix this train wreck for just slightly more money? You have my attention.

I agree, im a little disappointed if these reports wind up being true (dont see why they wouldnt be), if charlie strong is the BEST hire. I would have been a little happier w/ a Gundy hire.

If Gundy were hired we would be in same boat as we were this year. NO DEFENSE plenty of offense. See where that got us.

before strong was hired, they were 6-6, 5-7, 4-8.

in 3 years he has them at 10 wins and a bcs bowl. that's as a head coach.

as an assistant coach, there are few college coaches as accomplished

Reactions: 7 people
There's already been a comment made in another thread about him being black and that somehow effecting his ability to coach.

Made me ashamed to be a fan of the same team as them.

I haven't seen that, and maybe I just have hope that people aren't that stupid.

I have been wrong before.

You people are clueless. Louisville was a dumpster fire when he took over and now theyre playing in a BCS bowl game. When is the last time we played in one of those?

Im really starting to think theres a race issue here.

my entire time on this site I have battled people like LG over race baiting but for the first time in my life I'm not proud to be a TN fan because I do believe there are some serious racial issues here. this man is going to be great and has done well everywhere and he's getting laid out here. its disgusting.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back