Chris Low and Paul Finebaum report charlie strong front-runner for UT job

NATHAN05

Stuck in Gator land, hurry up retirement!!
Paul Finebaum and Chris Low both just reported Charlie Strong to Tennessee.....I have sirius radio in the car so i'll try and find a link :loco:

Reactions: 4 people
Is Charlie Strong the best that Hart can get? C'mon Man... He coaches at Louisville or Western Kentucky... someplace like that. Sad day if that's the best Hart can do. Hart start packing your bags. :salute:

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like a team meeting in Louisville so this really is picking up steam. Looks like Charlie Strong will lead the Vols next season.

Reactions: 8 people
So much for a proven HC. A guy who is 24-14 over 3 seasons at Louisville isn't a homerun hire..

Reactions: 7 people
Is Charlie Strong the best that Hart can get? C'mon Man... He coaches at Louisville or Western Kentucky... someplace like that. Sad day if that's the best Hart can do. Hart start packing your bags. :salute:
I'm glad you are well informed on this candidate.

Reactions: 14 people
I agree, im a little disappointed if these reports wind up being true (dont see why they wouldnt be), if charlie strong is the BEST hire. I would have been a little happier w/ a Gundy hire.

So much for a proven HC. A guy who is 24-14 over 3 seasons at Louisville isn't a homerun hire..

You people are clueless. Louisville was a dumpster fire when he took over and now theyre playing in a BCS bowl game. When is the last time we played in one of those?

Im really starting to think theres a race issue here.

Reactions: 28 people
If he gets a creative (no 30+ yard pass attempt on 3rd and 1) OC who appreciates a read-option QB and keeps Pittman on OL and Graham as RB coach we will be fine. I hope he knows anyone who can coach DBs and LBs. His defensive mindset and recruiting talent should be a plus obviously.

idiotic post

Reactions: 16 people
You people are clueless. Louisville was a dumpster fire when he took over and now theyre playing in a BCS bowl game. When is the last time we played in one of those?

I wouldn't go that far, or at least I am hesitant to go that far yet.

What I will say, with certainty, is that anyone who said that he isn't a fantastic candidate for us has no idea about football.

Get on board:

Attachments

• Presentation1 (2).jpg
    Presentation1 (2).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: 23 people

It's a hell of a lot better than the last 2. You need to see how recruiting goes and current team responds. We, the Volnation, are mere spectators with opinions.

Last edited:

Just wait until they find out his wife is white.

Reactions: 6 people
I wouldn't go that far, or at least I am hesitant to go that far yet.

What I will say, with certainty, is that anyone who said that he isn't a fantastic candidate for us has no idea about football.

There's already been a comment made in another thread about him being black and that somehow effecting his ability to coach.

Made me ashamed to be a fan of the same team as them.

I like Strong he has done a good job with a bad program...he has ties to recruiting in florida..that would be key and he is an SEC guy...

VN Store

Back