Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Espn makes me sick ND the GOLDEN BRAND of college FB. Get off their jock please until the accomplish something within the last 20 yrs. Sorry for the rant it disgust me.

Funny how the Irish fans are coming out of the woodworks now.....can you say fairweather. Just like Bama once they get beat you never hear a peep or have to hear Roll Tide or look at those stupid flags.

I can't believe how many people hope Strong and Gundy both stay put. I'd love to get Gruden too, but it will get very ugly around here if the current candidates all say, "no." Right now, it sounds like either Gundy will leave his alma mater and the school and state he has spent the bulk of his life at to coach the Vols, or Strong will pass on coaching the Sugar Bowl to coach the Vols. They're not Gruden, but they're both good hires.

I don't think either are coming. Ive been following all this since day 1. Imo the ogs are gonna be right when its all said and done. This is taking way too long to pan out. If we offered strong a million dollar raise and the opportunity to coach in the sec, I guarantee you he would of took it. We already have our guy..imo

I can't believe how many people hope Strong and Gundy both stay put. I'd love to get Gruden too, but it will get very ugly around here if the current candidates all say, "no." Right now, it sounds like either Gundy will leave his alma mater and the school and state he has spent the bulk of his life at to coach the Vols, or Strong will pass on coaching the Sugar Bowl to coach the Vols. They're not Gruden, but they're both good hires.

Gundy is a proven coach at least in a good football conference. Strong is really not appealing on any level for me.

From the list below tell me who Strong and Gundy are better than (in recruiting and coaching):

1. Saban
2. Miles
3. Richt
4. Spurrier
5. Muschamp
6. Sumlin
7. Shaw
8. B Kelly
9. C Kelly
10. Swinney
11. J Fisher
12. Gruden
13. Mora
14. Peterson
15. Patterson
16. B Snyder
17. B Stoops
18. Tuberville
19. Meyer
20. Holmgren
21. Holgorsen
22. M Brown.

Coaches not in any specific order.

Gundy is a proven coach at least in a good football conference. Strong is really not appealing on any level for me.

I agree that Gundy has won in a better conference. I do, however, want to know who Strong will hire as his OC & DC. I think assistants are as important as the HC.

kinda behind here, probably already posted but lots of chatter on Twitter that Gundy is arky bound. Kinda relieved! I know we could do worse but I'm just not sold the guy can be a top SEC coach.

Hart out Slide Fulmer in as AD fresh off his HOF induction or blackburn bring some VFL's in here Finish the deal with Gruden. It is not Harts money it's the colleges money the fanbase. With Gruden in here we have 80 million back in the bank in 5 years instead of 2 million.

I don't get all the making fun of Ark fans? I know about all the Gruden talk an all but the same thing was going on here. If they hire Gundy and we get stuck with Strong then they got the better deal.
Heck Ky might end up with a better coach than us. We better hope Gruden is a done deal or UT is in major trouble.
But as for Dave Hart he needs to GTHO of Knoxville.

From the list below tell me who Strong and Gundy are better than (in recruiting and coaching):

1. Saban
2. Miles
3. Richt
4. Spurrier
5. Muschamp
6. Sumlin
7. Shaw
8. B Kelly
9. C Kelly
10. Swinney
11. J Fisher
12. Gruden
13. Mora
14. Peterson
15. Patterson
16. B Snyder
17. B Stoops
18. Tuberville
19. Meyer
20. Holmgren
21. Holgorsen
22. M Brown.

Coaches not in any specific order.

Maybe Snyder... but good point.

I am starting to believe that Hart and Co. blew the deal with Gruden based upon the assistant salary issue!!!

Unless Hart and Co. pull a Gruden out of their pocket, I do not believe that I will ever be able to look at them with anything but contempt!!!

That's what they want you to think "right now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back