The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

2 of these.

7rd XDs mags

Attachments

• XDS7Round.jpg
    XDS7Round.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 309
It's by far the best buy in my collection. I picked up the A-5 pretty cheap also at $150. That was almost 15 years ago. If the SAA was unmodified it would be worth ten times or more what I paid.... I've never sold a gun that I didn't live to regret doing so... I sold a guy my Winchester model 70 in 30-.06 with a BOSS barrel for $500.00.... Wish i had that one back for sure!! I'll buy several more guns in my time but I'll never sell another gun again.

Yea
I'd hang on to that one
I'm the same way I've only traded one gun too a Taurus pt 9MM

Noveske Diplomat

DSCN3063.jpg

DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3074.jpg

DSCN3068.jpg

When I teach a patrol rifle class to officers, many bring their own AR's and they have all the bells and whistles (lasers, red dots, EOTEC's, etc.). After the first three drills they start taking off all that extra stuff and just have iron sights and a light.

When I teach a patrol rifle class to officers, many bring their own AR's and they have all the bells and whistles (lasers, red dots, EOTEC's, etc.). After the first three drills they start taking off all that extra stuff and just have iron sights and a light.
This doesn't make any sense. There is absolutely NO reason not to employ a red dot or HWS on a fighting rifle intended for CQB. Any gunfighter should know how to zero and shoot with iron sights, but they should always be a back-up option if optics are available.

Reactions: 2 people
This doesn't make any sense. There is absolutely NO reason not to employ a red dot or HWS on a fighting rifle intended for CQB. Any gunfighter should know how to zero and shoot with iron sights, but they should always be a back-up option if optics are available.

I actually prefer the BUIS on my Rock River. I use them as often as not. Most of the shooting I do wiith the RR is at 100 yds or less so the irons suit me just fine. Both of my Savages are hunting rifles and have scopes but i'm using them for more precise placement, obviously...

You got a flashlight on there for nighttime maneuvers?
Umm...yeah? All of my long guns are purpose-built. Modern trainers will tell you that a rifle built for fighting should always have 3 things: an optic that co-witnesses with iron sights, a light, and the ability to attach a sling.

Reactions: 1 person
Wouldn't a light tell the enemy your exact location?
If used non-judiciously, sure. If you're in a darkened environment in close quarters (e.g. clearing rooms in your house), however, it's generally not a good idea to just start firing indiscriminately into the darkness the first time you hear something move...

If used non-judiciously, sure. If you're in a darkened environment in close quarters (e.g. clearing rooms in your house), however, it's generally not a good idea to just start firing indiscriminately into the darkness the first time you hear something move...

I prefer a Ka-Bar and a SOG tomahawk in close quarters. Especially in the dark.

These are some of the rifles and shotguns. No pics for the pistols.

Attachments

• IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13

VN Store

Back