Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like the jig is gonna be up soon. I hope something breaks but it looks like were gonna be saddled with Strong if the conventional wisdom holds. I really feel like if Strong was half as great as some folks seem to think, he would've been offered the UF job when Meyer left but I don't think he was even a serious candidate there. I'm feeling like we are headed into another five year stretch of mediocrity and its probably gonna end ugly.

I really hope not. Hart talked so much about how important this hire is for the university and he goes out and hires Strong. Does not make any sense to me.

you are definetly right on that one Lamonte dropped the bomb and things went crazy in here They did say they would let us know if anything had changed i think that there absence means nothing has changed and that this thing is still done as they have said.

I'll say this...

The LaMonte report, shook the TN world. And everyone had to go gather their thoughts and relax. IMO the time away from all this gossip has given everyone space enough to filter back through all this nonsense...And my guess is, thoughts have come full circle.

I know mine has. None of it makes sense, yet it all makes sense.

Reactions: 2 people
Since when did everyone put so much clout in Wes Rucker. This guy has been grabbing at straws for weeks and all of a sudden what he says means everything. Be patient and pay attention.

JG also has a small power T pin on his lapel!!!

Actually it is under the lapel and you can't see it, but I KNOW ITS THERE!!! TIFWIW!! :rock:

So you think how he handled Dooley was the right way to go.

It is no secret that Hart would have fought to Keep Dooley at 7 and 5. And you would have been ok with that???

Patrick you have bought into this gruden thing hook line and sinker. This thread said DD was fired after miss state. Did you believe that??

There is no credible evidence that Dave hart ever was prepared to keep DD if he went 7-5. Only Internet speculation.

Should anyone on this roster have control over our beloved football program?

Hart was probably offered the AD job at Bama when their current AD retires.But he had to agree to finish off UT.I have thought this for awhile.Might be just be since I dont trust or like anybody from Bama.

Reactions: 1 person

When Hart came to Tennessee last fall, he brought two administrators with him from Alabama, including Jon Gilbert, UT's executive senior associate athletic director and Hart's top lieutenant.

You have 3 Bammers running the program. You better hope they learned from this.

Moore, who took over the department in 1999, shuffled through coaches Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price and Mike Shula before hiring Saban after the 2006 season. In that eight-year span, the Tide endured NCAA probation and finished better than .500 only half the time.

Spend the money and make the right hire!!!

THIS GUY IS A PROBLEM, BEEN ONE SINCE DAY ONE. why in earth would u hire someone from your most hated rival. i almost puked when i first heard. there may not be a conspiracy as people have said, but there sure could be one with cheeks and hart running oare program. they both have to go.:clapping:

So you think how he handled Dooley was the right way to go.

It is no secret that Hart would have fought to Keep Dooley at 7 and 5. And you would have been ok with that???

If next year would have been better for Gruden's a schedule to come I would.

I'll say this...

The LaMonte report, shook the TN world. And everyone had to go gather their thoughts and relax. IMO the time away from all this gossip has given everyone space enough to filter back through all this nonsense...And my guess is, thoughts have come full circle.

I know mine has. None of it makes sense, yet it all makes sense.

occam.jpg

Maybe we are shaking the trees to give JG the time he needs. Still time for the planets to align. Whatever the outcome I hope that we get the real story about how this went down.

He said Haslett. It was around the 5 minute mark. I went back and rewatched it twice. The end is kinda muddled, but it's easy to hear it was Haslett instead of Haslam.

Now, with that said - I've noticed this all game too - something about his energy is off tonight. He sounds like the game's in its final minutes of a blowout instead of just approaching halftime. I've watched MNF religiously since the 80's, and definitely since he started doing it, and he's not nearly as high octane as he normally is. Could be anything, but just thought I'd agree with a few others who pointed it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back