Charlie Strong

I would much rather have Strong over Fisher, Fedora, Golden, or Jones.

1. Miracle-candidate (Stoops, Gundy, Petersen, Patterson, etc.)
2. Strong
3. Fulmer (I know, I know.)

Reactions: 1 person
The biggest reason he would recruit better than the rest is he has significantly better relationships throughout the southeast. The rest on the list would all be in uncharted waters.

I certainly take your word on that. I would have no way to measure that. How do you rate him at game management?

I would much rather have Strong over Fisher, Fedora, Golden, or Jones.

1. Miracle-candidate (Stoops, Gundy, Petersen, Patterson, etc.)
2. Strong
3. Fulmer (I know, I know.)

Yeah, I would put in the lower tiers as well...I am holding for a top tier hire....hopefully Hart won't let us down.

I certainly take your word on that. I would have no way to measure that. How do you rate him at game management?

I can't answer that with any confidence. Watching bits and pieces of games isn't fair to answer. If it was we would say Saban has terrible game management skills as he just called a fake punt only to get a delay penalty.

I don't understand why so many people think he would be a great recruiter. He hasn't recruited lights out anywhere he's been, especially at Louisvlle. Saying that being in the SEC would make it all better is naive at best. If so, then why hasn't Ky or Vandy or TN recruiting been lights out? Maybe because there is a lot more involved than just being in the SEC.

I don't see the attraction.

Because Kentucky sux. Vandy has a good recruiter and is coaching very well at Vandy. Dooley underachieved at UT from a recruiting standpoint. We find out a few weeks ago he never followed up with recruits and did not form relationships with HS coaches and was why his recruiting classes sucked. Go ask HS coach's in FL, HS kids or guys who run these services and see who comes up as one of the most personable, better recruiters. Gonna say this yet again, Louisville is a basketball school and the football fans there suck. No matter how well you like you like the HC if you arent going to have fans follow you and support the team, have a chance to win a NC and play in a great conference against other great teams and players are you going to go play at a Louisville or a UK? Absolutely not. He was a great recruiter at UF and again is a well liked coach who kids would love to play for. At UT it gives him that chance. If we are arguing that how manuy recruiting titles has Gruden won? We can say he would recruit well but we honestly dont know. I believe Strong would have elite classes. Im tired of arguing this, we will get to see who is right very soon after Charlie becomes HC. After he locks down Vonn Bell, D. Green, M. North, J. Quick, Hatcher, Kamara, Turman or Henry and possible other elite kids then hopefully that will prove it but even then probably not. Im just going to enjoy having a coach who will be likeable and not a complete douche and taking responsibility instead of blaming every kid for things going bad.

Because Kentucky sux. Vandy has a good recruiter and is coaching very well at Vandy. Dooley underachieved at UT from a recruiting standpoint. We find out a few weeks ago he never followed up with recruits and did not form relationships with HS coaches and was why his recruiting classes sucked. Go ask HS coach's in FL, HS kids or guys who run these services and see who comes up as one of the most personable, better recruiters. Gonna say this yet again, Louisville is a basketball school and the football fans there suck. No matter how well you like you like the HC if you arent going to have fans follow you and support the team, have a chance to win a NC and play in a great conference against other great teams and players are you going to go play at a Louisville or a UK? Absolutely not. He was a great recruiter at UF and again is a well liked coach who kids would love to play for. At UT it gives him that chance. If we are arguing that how manuy recruiting titles has Gruden won? We can say he would recruit well but we honestly dont know. I believe Strong would have elite classes. Im tired of arguing this, we will get to see who is right very soon after Charlie becomes HC. After he locks down Vonn Bell, D. Green, M. North, J. Quick, Hatcher, Kamara, Turman or Henry and possible other elite kids then hopefully that will prove it but even then probably not. Im just going to enjoy having a coach who will be likeable and not a complete douche and taking responsibility instead of blaming every kid for things going bad.

If it is Strong I know one person praying he can recruit and that will be Mr Hart. With 26 JRs on the team this 2013 class must be in top 10 or you Mr Hart be toast.

NO!

Doing ok in the weakest confernce in college football.

Not even close to a home run hire.

OK, you tell me what home run hire is going to leave his team he is at now to come to Tennessee. I rather have Charlie Strong than Al Golden. I really think Strong can recruit some good players to Tennessee. He has been in the SEC. And i think he might have a chip on his shoulder against Florida.

Well guys I think I want either Mora or Strong. I'd say they're about neck and neck but we probably have a better shot with Strong.

I don't understand why so many people think he would be a great recruiter. He hasn't recruited lights out anywhere he's been, especially at Louisvlle. Saying that being in the SEC would make it all better is naive at best. If so, then why hasn't Ky or Vandy or TN recruiting been lights out? Maybe because there is a lot more involved than just being in the SEC.

I don't see the attraction.

Please do your research man his recruiting coordinator was named nationa recruiter of the year last season. When you can get 4 star players to got to Louisville you can recruit my friend. And he did.recruit solid at Florida

Anyone that thinks being in the SEC doesnt help recruiting is crazy

It certainly helps...but it helps all candidates equally. Whoever the coach is will be the coach a member of the SEC. So, my question was, what makes one candidate better at recruiting in Knoxville over another candidate who would be recruiting in Knoxville. The other person said strong had good relationships. I don't know how that is measured. I would say some names are associated with winning established programs (Tressel at Ohio State for example) and can pretty much recruit anywhere. Being a HC for a short time at Louisville doesn't give me great assurance on its own merit. I just think there are several candidates ahead of him in weighing out all that goes into the job description.

Strong can definitely recruit. He was Urban's ace and best recruiter and that can be goodled. Rivals and scout all have him as one of the best recruiters in college. Im not going to keep posting this but think he is our next coach and will show how capable he is starting with this class. Go hire him now Hart.

Strong can definitely recruit. He was Urban's ace and best recruiter and that can be goodled. Rivals and scout all have him as one of the best recruiters in college. Im not going to keep posting this but think he is our next coach and will show how capable he is starting with this class. Go hire him now Hart.

I'm terrified hart hires Fisher, and we miss out on Strong

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back