Charlie Strong

It looked bleak for Muschamp and FL too after last season and after their Weiss debacle. They look pretty good right now.
You just have to find a good coach and win. Doesn't matter who wins or how goofy they look doing it that is the only thing that matters.

Muschamp walked into a situation at Florida that was several solar systems away from what we've got right now. I'm not that impressed with what Muschamp has done, actually. With the schedule they had they SHOULD have been 12-0. Any halfway competent coach could have done what he's done. He had absolutely NO BUSINESS losing to Georgia.

2011-29th
2012-42nd
2013-73rd
Dang wake up -- just an average recruiter

Lets face it we are going to get one step up from Dooley with Strong or any of these Hart has on his list.
We have been told money is not going to be an issue but we are going to get another budget hire. Keep listening to Hart. He's calling the sheep. It's why he never declared the Gruden thread was a scam. Set all the sheep up so after the melt down you'll be ready for anybody. Beware folks.

recruiting the 29th and 42nd classes in the country to Louisville is far from average. This years class on the surface appears to be very average but his performance Thursday night looked very lackluster half way thru as well and we know he finished Stong.

After the win over Rutgers Charlie Strong addressed the rumors of him meeting with Auburn, which he denies completely. Then a follow up question of are you 100% committed to staying and he side stepped it and said lets just focus on the game.

Idk if he is talking to TN or Aub or Ark, but after hearing that he is definitely in conversation with someone.

Charlie Strong Addresses Coaching Rumors Head On - Card Chronicle

Reactions: 1 person
2011-29th
2012-42nd
2013-73rd
Dang wake up -- just an average recruiter

Lets face it we are going to get one step up from Dooley with Strong or any of these Hart has on his list.
We have been told money is not going to be an issue but we are going to get another budget hire. Keep listening to Hart. He's calling the sheep. It's why he never declared the Gruden thread was a scam. Set all the sheep up so after the melt down you'll be ready for anybody. Beware folks.

He is far from an average recruiter. He is at Louisville and your not going to land big time recruits. He will at UT guaranteed. . How many top 245 classes you think Saban and Meyer had before they got to Ala and UF? We will have a top ten this yr and top 55 next season under Strong.

Any coach is going to have a tough time next year, whether it's Strong or Fedora or Jim Bob Cooter. We have to be patient as fans. It may suck installing a new defense (I believe Strong would be more likely to install the 4-3 rather than the 3-3-5 in his first year) but any scheme change takes time. I'd even be fine with the 4-2-5 Fedora would likely bring.

You're ok with 5 of our DB's being on the field at the same time? :no::no::no::no:

I'm fairly certain he never talked to anyone before the CCG. But now that it's over he will definitely be in talks with some of these teams.

How did he do it after the game, if he said let's focus on the game? Just wondering sound's like before

He is one of the few candidates of ours that have not flat out denied interest in another job.

Like Skeeter said he has no interest in AU or Ark. UT is a different story. He denied AU rumors but not UT. That is our next HC and thrilled to have him!

Reactions: 2 people
Like Skeeter said he has no interest in AU or Ark. UT is a different story. He denied AU rumors but not UT. That is our next HC and thrilled to have him!

I have wanted Strong since the start. I knew Gruden was a LONG shot at best. I really do not get all of the Strong hate that we have on here. I know his opponents stink, but the guy is beating who is on his schedule, period. He is a proven recruiter, and a stud defensive minded coach, all things we need.

His recruiting back ground in Florida alone will pay dividends immediately.

Reactions: 3 people
I have wanted Strong since the start. I knew Gruden was a LONG shot at best. I really do not get all of the Strong hate that we have on here. I know his opponents stink, but the guy is beating who is on his schedule, period. He is a proven recruiter, and a stud defensive minded coach, all things we need.

His recruiting back ground in Florida alone will pay dividends immediately.

Agree 100%. :good!:

Would Strong going to Auburn make him look like a liar now? Yahoo is reporting he is PISSED over the story that he met secretly with Auburn. Seems like if he did go there now it would make him look like a liar, even if he meets later on.

We didnt interview anyone last night....strong was coaching a game...fedora was in a lux suite in chapel hill watching high school football...

Don't know about Fedora, but you're flat out wrong on Strong. Hubbs 100% confirmed Strong was interviewed.

VN Store

Back