Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Animal today was downright offensive. Pennington ans his mock southern accent making fun of the fanbase. It was an all out celebration. If memory serves, they made no mention of Hargis or no effort to get him on. Too busy listening to callers suggest Hyams be consulted by the AD on this hire, and listening to a caller recommend George Quarles, and Chris recite baseball jersey numbers that match the winning powerball number. No effort to find out what is really going on. The things that bothers me the most though is the mocking of fans, many who call their show.

The fact that the Sports Animal is the Flagship station of the University is absolutely embarrassing. Just about everybody on that station is a prick, and the callers are borderline retarded.

Reactions: 2 people
Ha I think we are in good hands, believe it or not. If we get any of Fisher, Gundy, or Strong then I think all could recruit and do well here.

Fisher- has SEC experience at LSU as an OC and is a big recruiter, but would he leave that much money and big of a school for UT?

Gundy- is a solid X's and O's coach, he is doing well against the big colleges in recruiting and is very passionate. Built the Ok State team up very well, but same as Fisher with leaving an already great position.

Strong- was a great DC at Florida with Meyer, his players love him, he has his team in a BCS bowl and would love to coach at UT. He is a risk but with UT facilities and his ties to Florida for recruiting I think he could do great. Surround him with Tee, Graham, Pittman, and a top defensive staff and it could work.

Fedor I am not very familiar with, besides doing well at Southern Miss. and anyone other than that worries me.

I think Hart has shut the door on Gruden, the only way it changes is if the boosters strong arm him into it and that is assuming Gruden wants the job. JMHO

I just feel like we need a big name to get recruits... thats why im on the gruden bandwagon... not to mention he completely cracks me up.

Reactions: 1 person
What makes you think this guy knows that for sure. When everyone else says the opposite,and everybody on both sides have been wrong about everything. But this guy knows. RIGHT

Go to cliff notes and rad it brother. Hargis said in an interview today he is standing by his sources. One of which is an Asst coach who says that Gruden approached him to accompant him to UT specifically. :hi:

The Animal today was downright offensive. Pennington ans his mock southern accent making fun of the fanbase. It was an all out celebration. If memory serves, they made no mention of Hargis or no effort to get him on. Too busy listening to callers suggest Hyams be consulted by the AD on this hire, and listening to a caller recommend George Quarles, and Chris recite baseball jersey numbers that match the winning powerball number. No effort to find out what is really going on. The things that bothers me the most though is the mocking of fans, many who call their show.

Yeah, I made the mistake of listening today too. I NEVER turn that crap on but did anyway. I was very offensive. All those guys are straight up a$$holes.

Fisher is a decent coach with a TON of talent.
Gundy ain't leaving his alma mater
Strong..sigh
Fedora....we r screwed

Care to explain why you think this? Couldnt disagree more. Has a good resume and very well thought of, great offensive mind

This. I listened this morning, and couldn't believe their condescending attitude. I wanted to throat punch all of em.

Reactions: 1 person
A telling part of that interview today was when he and Basilio were joking how Tony could talk gossip in the radio business while Hargis couldn't afford to do that.

Also a telling part of my inebriation was the grammer of that post lol.... thanks for letting it slide. :crazy:

Jon didn't dance around the questions when Lane left. He told Mike and Mike flat out "That's not a place you leave after a year. I got my start there , and it's a great place , but no. I am in no way interested in getting back into to coaching at this time. They are going to have a tough time , and I wish them all the best. We watch the Tennessee games all the time at my house. It's really disappointing to see that happen. But I'm happy at ESPN , and what I'm doing now."

Why not squash this rumor the same? He couldn't even say "I just hope to hold on to the job I have now" without laughing. If that is how he really feels , and doesn't want the job , be the Jon Gruden we know , and say it like you mean it. Fact it , he hasn't done that. Jon Gruden doesn't give a damn about hurting a few feelings. That is why he is respected , and why he should have said in a way that left no doubt.

I have also wondered why Gruden hasn't issued a stronger denial, and I hope to hell I'm wrong and we get him. I won't be shocked either way because like I said, there is a lot that somebody needs to explain hanging out there...Just based on my own interactions with these type guys my gut says he is out.

His source was first hand of a coach recruited by Gruden for Tn.

Doubt it.....was probably a coach's baby mama cousin's uncle on his daddy and them's side. Sorry I just have a hard time believing this guy knows anything. Somebody might be telling him something. That somebody is probably getting their info off the cliff notes thread. Its a revolving door my friend. I'm all about some Gruden. But my intelligence will not let me fall for this again.

Don't know. West Memphis Arkansas to start. When do you guys start moving bro?

Well, good luck with it dude.

I am going to get a hotel for the two weeks I will be down there before my wedding. They agreed to give me off the next week for my honeymoon, the week after for christmas, and then the week after new years. Southern Company don't joke with their time off. But since I'm on a contract, and not a direct hire, all that time is unpaid. I will find an apartment after the new year.

Reactions: 2 people
I just feel like we need a big name to get recruits... thats why im on the gruden bandwagon... not to mention he completely cracks me up.

No doubt at all he would be great, I would love to have him here. I won't give up on it until Hart introduces someone else, but I don't see Hart getting it done.

As for recruiting I think Fisher, Gundy, and Strong would all be great. Any of those three would put us in a great spot to land Green, Bell, Ramsey, and North this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back