Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike and Mike had Gruden on this morning talking about NFL issues; but at the end of the piece they said they wanted to confirm that any rumors linking Gruden and UT are patently false.

Of course, coaches say that about potential employers all the time, only to later get hired; but I don't think Gruden, as a regular guest on their show, is going to throw Mike and Mike under the bus by saying that publicly if he doesn't mean it.

In fact, Mike Greenberg said it so matter-of-factly, with no further explanation, that it sounded like it wasn't even a serious consideration... almost like it was just something Gruden wanted conveyed in passing.

Regardless, UT better get busy before all the decent prospects get picked up by other programs... lots of job openings this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm wondering what this thread will look like if we don't announce anything till Dec. 13? Fight scene from Anchorman worthy I would imagine.

Mike and Mike had Gruden on this morning talking about NFL issues; but at the end of the piece they said they wanted to confirm that any rumors linking Gruden and UT are patently false.

Of course, coaches say that about potential employers all the time, only to later get hired; but I don't think Gruden, as a regular guest on their show, is going to throw Mike and Mike under the bus by saying that publicly if he doesn't mean it.

In fact, Mike Greenberg said it so matter-of-factly, with no further explanation, that it sounded like it wasn't even a serious consideration... almost like it was just something Gruden wanted conveyed in passing.

Regardless, UT better get busy before all the decent prospects get picked up by other programs... lots of job openings this year.

The whole thing was a joke to Mike & Mike. The question to Gruden was not a serious one.

SIAP, TIFWIW

LWS posted in another thread that hart started interviews last night, believes that he met with gruden last night, still believes that chances of hiring gruden are small

I tend to give the 3 or 4 that I get at a time to some lonely looking kid who is trying to decide on the treasure troll or the pencil topper.

No way some punk @ss kid is getting my credits. It took me 20 years to amass this fortune. It's either this or social security. I'm banking on the credits.

Reactions: 1 person
I like old school Republicans. They tend to be more conservative than the bunch we have now. I happen to be a Libertarian so many Republicans will disagree with my stance on politics. I love the fact that they still can. Maximum Freedom for me.

I'm old school Republican leaning toward Libertarian.

Rush is about the money. He's giddy that Obama got re-elected because he thrives on the outrage. I don't buy a thing he says.

Reactions: 2 people
The whole thing was a joke to Mike & Mike. The question to Gruden was not a serious one.

There was no question to Gruden. At the end of the segment, Mike G. simply said there was no truth to any of the rumors linking Gruden and UT... and it definitely wasn't said in jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back