Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Basilio first says Hart is in Knoxville all week, then spreads a rumor that he was in Tampa yesterday?

OK.

Can mods just start 1-day banning people who post in the cliff thread? It says in the title now, there shouldn't be a reason not to know.

Reactions: 5 people
Regardless, Sexton has inflicted a tremendous amount of hurt on the University of Tennessee football program with his actions.

He can go to hell, Vol fan or not.

Haha okay buddy...

God forbid you be held accountable on this stage if every decision you've made in your life were scrutinized under a microscope by ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about.

Sexton didn't hire EITHER of those two people to be our head coach, so I do not see how you can put the blame on a businessman for being VERY good at his job and promoting his clients.

All in brother...

tick-tock-clock.jpg

Steady as she goes...

Let's all take a reality pill and calm down for a second.
First of all, why do we think Gruden is already signed? If he were why wouldn't he be out recruiting right now? If the type of money that is being offered (rumored) is realistic then I think we could afford to buyout the ESPN contract in order to get him in Nkemdiche's living room. If he is signed, but wants to finish the mnf season then, frankly, that is a terrible sign that he doesn't really want this job. We have a vacancy, we have our resources at the ready, it would be a huge splash. Why then wait?
The answer is that we are still trying to convince him. Continuing I can't imagine a scenario where he has expressed sincere interest and we have been trying to nickel and dime him on the contract. The fact is that the job along with gobs of money haven't won him yet and, I'm sorry to say this, probably won't.
It actually becomes relatively interesting for Stoops now that his brother will be in the same division and quite close geographically.

Last check from Tampa comes Friday.

I'm not sure why Gruden would go on a major sports-talk show when he knows he's going to be asked about UT and his coaching future. What was the point? I read a transcript of his response to the UT question and he clearly did not want to talk about it, which I find encouraging. However, with all the talk now it's clear close to time for Gruden to decide. I mean, UT can wait a few days more, no doubt, but we don't want to be jerked around or left at the altar if the Gman decides not to come. We need a good coach, and we need one fairly soon so that our recruiting class can be salvaged. Let's dot the i's and cross the t's and get this thing done--or move on.

He does this segment every week.

I am not currently listen but if its Lapedis then he is moost likely calling out the Vol faithful and laughing at them.

he's a d!ck

I am a hopeless VN addict, but I never comment. However, I've known George Lapides for about twenty-five years through business, so I thought I would add my perspective. Sometime George can be a Big Richard, but I know him to have integrity. He doesn't just makes things up. He was a serious reporter in his day. He may get details wrong, but he doesn't make them up. He is merely relaying what his source has told him, not toying with Vol fans. He's not a trivial man.

Jimmy Sexton has had a regular segment on George's show for years. My best guess is that Sexton is, as has been speculated, indeed his source. However, George has reported on SEC sports since the 1960's and has contacts all over the South, so his source could be anyone. For instance, George has a fifty year relationship with Archie Manning. If Peyton is involved to the degree some have said, Archie could be his source. But I doubt that. I think George's info has come straight out of Sexton's office. We can be sure anything Sexton says at this point has an agenda behind it.

One last point, George has a long relationship with WREG. He had a Sunday television show on WREG forever and he still does occasional sports commentaries for them. Any details Glen Carver got wrong last night likely came via Lapides.

Reactions: 1 person
I like this thought. Fisher wants the tenn job before any of the others but certainly wants to move from FSU. He needs to know if the job is falling to him or move on to the other openings thus sexton needs to accelerate the process

Bruin, I can tell you this. The only job Fisher would take would be Auburn IF the money is right. If not he will stay at FSU.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back