Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think this whole ordeal seems familiar... I feel like I've seen it like around this time last year? Oh that's right...

"I have not been offered any job nor is there a deal in place," Meyer said in a statement. "I plan on spending Thanksgiving with my family and will not comment on this any further."

Jimmy Sexton is not Jon Grudens agent. It's Bob LaMonte.

For whatever reason its believed that Sexton who represents Fisher is forcing folks to show their hand by leaking info, true or not. Some believe it an attempt to get an "in" for his man Jimbo...if I am following correctly that is.

Reactions: 1 person
You do realize we are in the red, and have a huge new athletic facility to pay for?

And do you realize that Tennessee has loyal booster support. And do you also realize that they have to have arses in the seats, IT's called REVENUE!!! GO VOLS GET THE MAN!! GET GRUDEN!!! WE WANT GRUDEN!! I BELIEVE!!:rock:

]I still believe it's Gruden [/B]but I still have my doubts.

My "Gruden is coming" thoughts are thus....

1. I can understand why Gruden would not put rumors "to bed" because any rumor is just leverage for him to use to get the biggest contract possible.
2. Gruden may give a superficial and insincere "denial" on Mike and Mike, but that should be expected. Almost all coaches deny rumors before they become facts. Gruden would never put a legitimate statement out that said that a deal with Tennessee is 100% not true.
3. the only reason this hasnt been announced is because Gruden needs to wait to announce it (for any number of speculated reasons). Tennessee has no reason to wait. The season is over and Dooley has been fired. Recruiting needs to be handled ASAP and if Tennessee were really not intending to get Gruden, they would be best served to get out in front of the rumors right away and just kill the idea.
4. Tennessee is just waiting til the SECCG to make a "big media splash". This is the least believable idea because it just seems to serve no real purpose.

My "Gruden is NOT coming" thoughts are thus....

1. Gruden may be genuinely interested (or not) in the UT job, but UT is only interested in Gruden for the "right price". UT may be in talks with Gruden just to say they "tried", but in the end it didnt work out and that's why it took so long to announce.
2. The reason there has been no announcement yet is because the guy Tennessee wants to hire is still coaching in a conference championship game. I put a lot of stock in this notion because a few of the guys being named as possible coaches are still coaching their teams this weekend.

Kill me. Now.

Mr. Sexton,

Your last client took us to the utter depths of the SEC. His poor performance landed us in a place where we had to watch an over-zealous bald black man make hand gestures resembling a VU for several hours. His ability to break prestigous streaks was on full display against Kentucky, and every other SEC program.

Furthermore you and your client has bled our financial resources to where we are forced to borrow money from academics. This Thanksgiving you were blessed with a substantial check from our proud university.

In light of all of this will you please leave us alone. We do not want Jimbo Fisher. We have full Grudes in our pants and the only thing to cure it is more Gruden. Please never return to Knoxville.

Signed,
Volnation

sexton leaking this can be looked at another way, i.e. to show the vols have had no real interest in his client and he has not been a player in this search at all.

No way we get jones....If we get someone that was on Kentucky's radar...they might as well tear down Neyland. Doesn't make sense people...think about it...millions of dollars are on the line here. money (18 mil) transferred back to athletics...for butch jones....we could have had him in 2 days and already announced.

If they do, that $18 million is going right back to the academics dept. Not to mention, the booster money promised.

Not sure if posted but Memphis is still reporting...
George LaPenis Show reporting Gruden to receive 10% of Browns if stays past 4 years. That is a whole lot of money.

And that it was confirmed with the Governor.

That's about $100million (Browns are estimated to be worth $1B). I seriously doubt there is any truth to that figure.

The race is on now. Every sports media outlet in the USA is on this story.

Vultures are smelling a kill. The race is now, "Who can break the story first."

Reactions: 1 person
That's about $100million (Browns are estimated to be worth $1B). I seriously doubt there is any truth to that figure.

Yeah, 97to be exact. I thought that was far fetched too! I have never liked LaPenis and he is a Memphis homer. Unsure why he would still be reporting it.

Just thought I would pass along.

Can we stop bringing up specific NFL scenarios? The only thing relevant about the NFL with Gruden is whether he wants to coach college or pro in his next coaching gig. The list of NFL opportunities will be so long heading into next year that he can be assured of that opportunity. So worrying about one NFL team or another right now is irrelevant. He either wants the challenge of the college game or he doesn't.

Taking votes....who and where is the first media outlet to report "sources saying Tennessee and Jon Gruden have reached a deal"

Was probably no more than a fringe candidate, at best, but cross Bill O'Brien off the list. He's staying at Penn St.

Gruden 2012.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back