Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the rumor that Hart is "out of the office" today and tomorrow to sit down in person with a certain coach and his agent is dead on. Whether they are finalizing or negotiating I have no idea. My money is on finalizing and heading back with an extra passenger or two for a Friday announcement. Absolutely lines up with more than 90% of what I have heard.

Reactions: 6 people
From the time I went to bed last night till I got up was over a 100 pages long.

I read cliff notes and seems Gruden has denied any intrest in the coaching position at Tennessee.

What's the over all take on this?

I know how Saban and urban played it but I put Gruden as a better class person then either of theses two.

So what did I miss???

Thanks

what amazes me is the sloppiness and inaccuracy in reporting. first with the memphis channel saying the father of the governor owned the browns....and then mike and mike repeating the report verbatim. big jim doesnt own the browns, his son does. for espn to repeat a factually inaccurate report is mindboggling to me.

They do it all the time now and there is no accountability for inaccuracy. See recent deadspin article. All tebow all the time. Very little journalistic cred

Good read by Tony B this morning on his blog...

The Tony Basilio Show

Agree - a fun read. I don't want to take away from his ad revenue. But this tidbit explains the gist (probably get him more clicks):

"And one other thought for you. If it's not Jon Gruden, Tennessee needs to come out and say that the Gruden stuff is not going to happen. All Gruden did today was feed the fire. All Tennessee is doing by not saying that Gruden isn't coming is feed the fire. So, I'm inclined that as of right now the Jon Gruden to Tennessee thing is VERY MUCH ALIVE as I type this. There's simply NO OTHER CONCLUSION TO DRAW."

Gruden could have come out today and said a big STFU to volnation and I would still believe. I am a sheep in every sense of the word, and am unashamed. This is fun stuff.

Safety in numbers!

f77f00-albums-ps-picture4380-sheep-await.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

I read cliff notes and seems Gruden has denied any intrest in the coaching position at Tennessee.

I know how Saban and urban played it but I put Gruden as a better class person then either of theses two.

So what did I miss???

Thanks

He didn't deny interest in UT. Just the Memphis report

Pretty sure the rumor that Hart is "out of the office" today and tomorrow to sit down in person with a certain coach and his agent is dead on. Whether they are finalizing or negotiating I have no idea. My money is on finalizing and heading back with an extra passenger or two for a Friday announcement. Absolutely lines up with more than 90% of what I have heard.

I have to give you all credit, because all the dominoes seem to be falling for that 11/30 date.

Gruden doesn't need to give his day job up. Acting is not in his future.

He got caught unprepared for the question. He was not ready and didn't handle it well.

No more smoke. This isn't going away now.

It cannot be in his contract so a handshake maybe. Where my mind finds the problem is Haslam and Gruden being sure that after a 7-10 year career will Haslam still own the Browns? Will Gruden leave at that point to coach an NFL team, couldn't have it then?

I think the Browns rumor is just that. Definitely nothing more than a possible conversation.

I find it interesting that the 1st bit of information that leaks out in a national way is an obvious bullsh1t piece of information. It does however get the ball rolling down the hill. The media portion of the process has started and will culminate in the not so distant future with an announcement.

Fuad Reveiz was on the Monster here in the Tri-Cities and he was brutal on Dools and Bray. He definately does not hold back. Said Bray was the biggest baby on the team and did not know why they treated him like such. He said Dools quit on this team and was not the first time. They of course asked him about Gruden and he said there is no way it is happening. This tells me that it is because he works with Hymens on the show after the games and tells me they are covering it up. Was a GREAT interview though. So just getting here. Tell me what is new other than the interview with Gruden please.

That was a very weak @ss denial on Mike and Mike! "Ugh no there isn't. I should probably tell my wife that because it does involve her and my kids." That implies the wife thinks there is something to it, who I'm sure was listening to the interview. To me, I heard "Can't announce it now and I had better mention my wife so she doesn't think I've changed my mind."

So what did I miss???

Thanks

You need to listen for yourself. Very weak, awkward denial. If you can call it a denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back