Jim Tressel (merged)

I started a thread earlier tonight and apparently it is a site like theOnion....no credentials....mine got deleted tho....I think Escape Goat did it..... :)

Reactions: 1 person
9 Mil per year?...hahaha....congrats on finding a site worse than Bleacher Report. What does the beginning of this sentence even mean?

"And for Tennessee, which has, in recent years become nothing more than an SEC also ran, the prospect of bringing in a coach who did nothing at Youngstown State but win titles and nothing at Ohio State but play in BCS games was enough to offset any risks."

Anything north of 5.5 mil and you should be questioning it.

I have no idea what that sentence means, nor would I call it a sentence.

Anything north of 5.5 mil and you should be questioning it.

I have no idea what that sentence means, nor would I call it a sentence.

I've heard 5yrs 30mil and 8 yrs 50mil so it's more like 6-6.25 per..

Why does the media keep throwing tressels name out there? I had forgotten how long his show cause was. nothing is making sense anymore. This is getting ridiculous. Just throw money at Gruden and hope it sticks. We need somebody who at least likes UT football. FYI-Gruden almost took the job in 2009 , but hamilton blocked it and thank goodness he is gone

Media throws up anything that they think will get idiots to read. It seems to work.

James Franklin and Jim Tressel have officially been added to the "short list' of candidates to be the next UT coach, if they can't get Gruden(they can):crazy:

Ok, so you have a copy of the "Official" short list you can share?

No, Tressel is not on any official list. He has a show cause and Tennessee just got two more years of probation. Tressel could want the job with no salary, doesn't matter, Tennessee cannot hire him!

Ok, so you have a copy of the "Official" short list you can share?

No, Tressel is not on any official list. He has a show cause and Tennessee just got two more years of probation. Tressel could want the job with no salary, doesn't matter, Tennessee cannot hire him!
Care to elaborate? Just to help you a little, on your fact checking, cause we know everybody does that before stating things as fact....right?

NCAA's official ruling regarding punishments for Tressel and OSU (Refer to page 20 & 21 for Tressel specifically)

http://espn.go.com/photo/preview/!pdfs/111220/ohio_state_report.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah, with a recent probation extension at UT and Tressel's show cause being a huge red flag, this is highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Tressell still has one year left under the three year show-cause penalty that the NCAA handed him.

VN Store

Back