Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, wait, WE put the 10 year option out there? Or LaMonte did?

Don't know for sure. I have heard that Gruden requested a longer term. I find that to be comforting. I've said all along that he wants to be here, and personal reasons play a big part in that.

Reactions: 3 people
Let's say you do get him for 5 million per, what do you guys consider "worth it" after 5 years? What would he have had to have done as your coach to say it was worth all the money you gave him?

Neighborhood of 50 wins, including bowls, and 1 SECC would be worth it.

Let's say you do get him for 5 million per, what do you guys consider "worth it" after 5 years? What would he have had to have done as your coach to say it was worth all the money you gave him?

1. First couple of years Fill the seats back and unite the fan base. Bring in top 5 Recruiting Class

2. Winning Record and beat at least Florida, Georgia, or/ and Alabama.

3. Year three to Four SEC Championship Game possible National Title on year 4

4. Top 5 BCS playing for National Title

JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Go back and check my history. Ive never brought any info before. I do now and am a troll....go with that.:)

Im not here to convince anyone, I bring what I hear, its for you to judge.

Just happened to be in the right place at the right time on this one...In my line of work, lets just say, my skills are required any time the hiring of new personnel is facilitated, so I hear things...:)

Is this an accurate synopsis so far?

LOL
When you say it like that.....

I know who he is. I remember going to Hee-Haw tapings as a kid.

Boro, You posted in one of the early threads that Thankgiving was going to be good ( or something to that effect)

Were you speaking of the Dooley leaving announcement on the 26th or something else ?

Yeah..........Florida is scared of Tennessee.

scared of UT getting a good coach? Absolutely

as for the dollars being thrown around, you won't be the first gator to not understand how things like that work. Starting to wonder if UF even has a business school

Reactions: 7 people
I would rather have him for 10 years rather than three...and yes, I get the ramifications if we gamble wrong.

I would rather go with a 10 year contract and let the chips fall where they may than keep hiring discount coaches and having to buy them out.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't know for sure. I have heard that Gruden requested a longer term. I find that to be comforting. I've said all along that he wants to be here, and personal reasons play a big part in that.

If I were a coach on the outside....seeing us go through so many coaching changes as we have recently...

Guess I would ask for a longer term as well, I would want some type of guarentee... I believe most coaches we would approach may take the same type contact.. with exception of maybe Cut, Petrino ect.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back