Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not listening today, but based on what I am reading Ainge is at it again, but saying that Gruden is possible (but remote)?

If everything goes down the way we have been led to believe, I hope Ainge takes some time to reflect on how he has handled this-this is what someone like Gruden would call a "teaching moment." I know he is on the radio, and therefore an "entertainer" but he has made some large missteps in being the first one to really start talking about Gruden (over a month ago-you could make an argument that he started all of this), and then how he has handled the topic over the last few weeks-bringing Gruden up only to shoot the rumor down even when no one asks him about it.

He is young in this business, and it is showing right now. I hope he learns from these past few weeks. It's interesting how much better people like Treece, Swain, and even Rucker have dealt with this. I know Rucker has been all over the place-but he hasn't gone on random tangents like Ainge has talking about Gruden not coming to Knoxville in response to a call about the game-time forecast.

I can't read it dude. I need to meditate and find my center of calm before I go there...perhaps I need to look inside myself for the answers.

i cant read it because i cant not stare at some of the avatars. i guess they dont have the same content guidelines on that site.

He isn't. He is stating what his source has told him. Our best hope is his source is wrong.

I can't agree with this. Not doubting this is what his source has told him, but he has behaved like a child hiding something from his parents.

I feel Ainge was told all about Gruden and was told in confidence, he then broke his neck to put it on the airways, next thing you know he does a 180. He now realizes if he ever wants any scoops he will have to learn to sit on them until he is given permission to talk about them.

Yeah, but if that's true...he's now trying to cover it up with a mesh blanket.

Hate to arrive fashionably late to the party this a.m., but could someone catch me up on this? I assume Ainge has unloaded on the air AGAIN about no Gruden? Anything else I should be aware of..... :ermm:

why would he be told to?

Somebody else want to take this? No? Ok. Because he got on the air saying he heard from reliable sources that Gruden was going to be our next HC. Gruden does not want the media attention. EA is a member of the media, running his mouth about JG being next HC. EA is then told to STFU. It's one thing to blab about it on a message board, but he was doing it over the air.

He was very similar to bray in that he wasn't willing to stay in the pocket Long enough to allow secondary receiving routes to develop. He was better at that than bray but not much. Anytime you see that low of sack totals Against a team I will show two things. A really good oline and a qb that isn't willing to his chin in harms way to hep his team win
True to a point. I view Bray as a gunslinger. Ainge just wanted the ball out of his hand. It all started after that shot he took at the end of the half against ND (not sure on opponent) when they decided not to kill the clock. Bray takes chances , Ainge was in self preservation mode.

Reactions: 1 person
Not listening today, but based on what I am reading Ainge is at it again, but saying that Gruden is possible (but remote)?

If everything goes down the way we have been led to believe, I hope Ainge takes some time to reflect on how he has handled this-this is what someone like Gruden would call a "teaching moment." I know he is on the radio, and therefore an "entertainer" but he has made some large missteps in being the first one to really start talking about Gruden (over a month ago-you could make an argument that he started all of this), and then how he has handled the topic over the last few weeks-bringing Gruden up only to shoot the rumor down even when no one asks him about it.

He is young in this business, and it is showing right now. I hope he learns from these past few weeks. It's interesting how much better people like Treece, Swain, and even Rucker have dealt with this. I know Rucker has been all over the place-but he hasn't gone on random tangents like Ainge has talking about Gruden not coming to Knoxville in response to a call about the game-time forecast.
No offense, but Rucker makes Doc, Jeff and Heather look like the most competent sports radio personnel to ever exist....

Basillio

Now, I am happy to report exclusively here that there has been some movement on the Gruden front. Remember, I've been telling you that Tennessee wanted to make sure that Gruden would take the UT job before any offer was ever extended to him???? Well, it's getting very interesting around here right now. Sources really close to this situation tell me that Gruden's agent Bob LaMonte has told Tennessee that Gruden WOULD TAKE THE TENNESSEE job if offered. Here's where it gets really interesting. Gruden's financial demands are mindboggling in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back