Fulmers Record?

VolBeef88

I was asked a question and wasn't sure. Does anyone on here know how many wins in the SEC Fulmer has and where he ranks all time in SEC wins?
Thanks guys.

Not trying to start a should or should not be fired thread, truly just curious.

This is a ballpark number 75-29. I think the only losing record is to Florida. He is 5-10.

There's something strange going on in the all-time records

#2 Notre Dame and #3 Nebraska tied with 41 ties

#6 Penn St. and #7 Alabama tied with 43 ties

#8 Oklahoma and #9 Tennessee tied with 53 ties

#10 Southern Cal and #11 Georgia tied with 54 ties

#12 LSU and #13 Auburn tied with 47 ties

Is this all accurate? Pretty odd coincidence.

OK guys I can't find it anywhere. I've heard that the dead bear has the record with the most SEC wins as a coach. But I've never seen a ranking of other coaches. I was just curious where CPF and others rank. Like the General, Sug jourdan etc.

Do you know where the rankings are? I'd like to see where the General and some others rank all time.
I totaled CPF's record myself . . . which in retrospect took way too long. :crazy:

Bear Bryant's record is 168-41-9.

A lot of schools didn't have coaches early on. They were more club teams than official teams of the university.
It just seems odd that any type of organized team could go without a coach, be it a club or official team.

It just seems odd that any type of organized team could go without a coach, be it a club or official team.

I think early on instead of coaches they used team Captains. Unlike today where they have several team captains back in the day they only had 1.

interesting Fulmer needs 37 wins to pass Neyland and be no. 1 on the all time win list at UT. That's 4 more 9-3 seasons and getting a bowl win somewhere.

How does everybody feel about that? Wonder if that's not in the back of Fulmer's mind. I'm sure Neyland wasn't playing 14 games a year.

I understand where you're going with that, but honestly I can't think of any reason to not want him to break the record.

I understand where you're going with that, but honestly I can't think of any reason to not want him to break the record.

I can think of 5 eight-game reasons? (not that I'd hope that)

I can think of 5 eight-game reasons? (not that I'd hope that)
I'll grant you that, but at this point I doubt CPF could get through more than maybe 2 of those in a row anyway, so it would be a moot point.

VN Store

Back