Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is freakin retarded. maybe Cheek should look at the stadium this up coming saturday. does anyone think that would change the outcome??? empty seats???

This is incredible
0QMLs.jpg

That is amazing

One thing we can thank Dooley for is bringing in a new level of art on the Rock. I've seen some great stuff up there the last couple years.

Im talking about firing Dooley and getting another coach. Obviously Cheek has power and he likes Dooley, but he won't stand in the way if the money is there to support the move.

Yes, I am talking about the same thing. He can't stop Dooley from being fired, but he certainly can get in the way of getting a new coach. For the very reasons I said. If he sets admissions standards to high and he wants to keep his entitlement funds increasing then it would be a very tough situation for a coach to want to come in under.

Not saying that will happen - in fact, I believe he is irrelevant at this point.

But just saying money isn't always the be all and end all.

There are other things involved.

Reactions: 1 person
This is why NO ONE wanted the job when Dooley took it.

Kiffin was irate at the admission policy - it was completely handcuffing him on what he wanted to get done.

No top level coach would want to or even could be successful with how it was/still partially is.

Hart is making strides to change it. Either the pres is on board or he is out - most would like to see him out.

But trust me when I say that this is an issue.

Who else is involved in admissions other than the Pres. As far as policy goes.

You would know more about that angle than I would.

I was speaking specifically towards Cheek just stonewalling Gruden because he doesn't want him here or because he wants to keep Dooley here.

He would be dismissed before he got too far if that was his agenda.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, I am talking about the same thing. He can't stop Dooley from being fired, but he certainly can get in the way of getting a new coach. For the very reasons I said. If he sets admissions standards to high and he wants to keep his entitlement funds increasing then it would be a very tough situation for a coach to want to come in under.

Not saying that will happen - in fact, I believe he is irrelevant at this point.

It could affect who the next coach is. But obviously if Dooley is fired we will be getting another coach

Standards r already too high.. Like Matthews said, if they want UT to compete with ua, uf, uga on the field, they should put UT on the same admission standards.. It's just not fair right now.. Hasn't been.. Seems like we r really missing Dickey and Johnson..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back