Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
just because a person is disliked doesn't mean he is going to be fired.

see Dooley.

Generally, when your initiatives are viewed as flops, the admins dislike you, the academics dislike you, athletics dislike you, and most importantly, pieces of the BOT dislike you...then you rarely stay somewhere for long.

From a tuition paying student standpoint, the student body dislike of Jimmy Cheek is through the roof. I talked with one of my professors about the "top 25 push" and he basically broke it down like it is/was an expensive project that hasn't done anything. He said more money has been spent advertising and publicizing the project than money spent to make educational improvements. Apparently they knew the top 25 initiative was out of reach so they thought publicizing would change the perception of UT in a more positive manner.

How disliked is Dooley, really? I've had trouble guaging that. Skeeter says Hart generally likes him and it's clear from player interviews that many of them like him.

I know Basilio and others continue to spread this meme that Dooley is almost universally hated, but I just don't percieve that from what I've read/observed.

But then, I don't pretend to know.

It's not about hatred. I don't think many people genuinely hate him. Just that most people know bad coaching when they see it. The last three years have been the perfect example of bad coaching.

Nah. It will be the Dawgs against the Irish.

UGA will not even end up in a BCS game. If they make it to the SECCG that will be their 2nd loss and UF with only one loss will be ranked higher and go to the Sugar Bowl. If not UF it will probably be USC in the Sugar Bowl.

UGA is projected for the Capital Bowl vs Michigan. Also saw yesterday the Outback Bowl.:hi:

College Football Bowls - CBSSports.com

If Bama makes it to the national championship, I hope they play Oregon.

I would prefer to play Oregon over KState.

And in regards to a trap game if UA beats LSU we win the West unless AU pulls the major upset and I doubt Saban will be nice in that game at home. Even a loss to aTm still has UA 1st in the SEC West.

have you visited the coaching rumors and speculation forum? if not, take a look.

Should have been more clear. Was talking about within the AD, etc. it's pretty clear much of the fan base no longer likes him.

But yeah, been to the coaching rumors and speculation forum. Comical over there IMO.

Should have been more clear. Was talking about within the AD, etc. it's pretty clear much of the fan base no longer likes him.

But yeah, been to the coaching rumors and speculation forum. Comical over there IMO.

Seems like he's generally liked (or at least people say he is) by people actually connected to the program. Skeeter, Hart, and the players generally have good things to say about him. Everything I hear about him being the anti-christ tends to come from the speculation threads and is always unverifiable.

Alabama would murder Oregon. Jesse Williams would have a field day.
K-State or Notre Dame would have the best chance at uncrowning the SEC.

The coaching rumor thread is the hottest mess in Tennessee. It don't take long to find post(s) that refer to our HC as an, heck I'm not even going to say it. My guess is that the thread is mostly 14 - 19 year old's, and a few older ones that don't know any better. I admit to going over and stirring things up a bit. Guess I don't know any better,,but it's cheap fun for an old man.:hi:

Alabama would murder Oregon. Jesse Williams would have a field day.
K-State or Notre Dame would have the best chance at uncrowning the SEC.

Oregon is a much better matchup. Bama's defense would punish K-State. Notre Dame's defense would give Bama problems. But their offense is?????

Oregon's offense would be a problem. Jesse Williams is no Nick Fairley.

UGA will not even end up in a BCS game. If they make it to the SECCG that will be their 2nd loss and UF with only one loss will be ranked higher and go to the Sugar Bowl. If not UF it will probably be USC in the Sugar Bowl.

UGA is projected for the Capital Bowl vs Michigan. Also saw yesterday the Outback Bowl.:hi:

College Football Bowls - CBSSports.com

I could see UGA with an upset in the SECCG. :) they are talented enough. And if LSU gets there it wouldn't surprise me either. :)

Oregon is a much better matchup. Bama's defense would punish K-State. Notre Dame's defense would give Bama problems. But their offense is?????

Did you watch LSU vs Oregon? Truly, I cannot see Oregon winning the NC unless they upgrade their off. and def. lines. Notre Dame has really surprised everyone. The Irish offense isn't bad, but I wouldn't consider it elite.

To add to this, Bama's done well on Offense because of run game and because Mccarron not effing up. Oregon's secondary could definitely cause Mccarron to screw up, and their offense is good enough to capitalize.

Seems like he's generally liked (or at least people say he is) by people actually connected to the program. Skeeter, Hart, and the players generally have good things to say about him. Everything I hear about him being the anti-christ tends to come from the speculation threads and is always unverifiable.

People must forget who Derek Dooleys dad is. You think he's gonna let his prodigy son go up in flamesz? Lol, look at Dooleys mom. You know damn well she is/has been in big Dooleys ear saying "I swear to god if you let my baby boy get fired.....". Politics also play a huge role in who gets some of these jobs. Who knows who, etc...... I'm sure Dooleys dad has alot of pull in certain circles to this day.

People must forget who Derek Dooleys dad is. You think he's gonna let his prodigy son go up in flamesz? Lol, look at Dooleys mom. You know damn well she is/has been in big Dooleys ear saying "I swear to god if you let my baby boy get fired.....". Politics also play a huge role in who gets some of these jobs. Who knows who, etc...... I'm sure Dooleys dad has alot of pull in certain circles to this day.

its-aliens-man.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back