'13 GA DT Montravius Adams

i'm not believing any of this UF/Adams talk yet either. he's been there once and before the trip wasn't even interested............he knows we'll have loads of playing time and need him as bad as anyone currently recruiting him right now. He'll play immediately.

SIAP - According to AU reports, Adams may be in Knoxville this weekend. As for AU, Adams plans to officially visit for the Georgia game. He has consistently said he would make a late decision, possibly at the Under Armour All-Star Game, but there are rumblings he may move that decision date up.

Sounds like huge recruiting weekend for vols.

Reactions: 1 person
From Rivals Recruitin Chat today:

In answer to a question about which defensive tackles are seriously considering UF, Kynon Codrington: Rell-Montravious Adams and Greg Gilmore

Supposedly visiting UA this weekend. Not sure why because I have seen nothing to indicate he has any interest in UA.

After Georgia's big win (Saturday); do the Bulldogs now have a better shot at landing Montravius Adams?

It seems like every week I get a question like this after a key head-to-head on-field matchup. We all know that Adams has been mulling his options for months now, so it's unlikely that one game will help him decide where he'll play for the next four years. However, Saturday's win by Georgia does really change the perception of the Bulldogs season. After getting blown out by South Carolina and struggling against Kentucky, Georgia fans were acting like it was a lost season. Now, with a win over Florida, the Bulldogs are in the drivers seat for a spot in the SEC championship game. Florida, on the other hand, might be on the outside looking in when it comes to the SEC East crown, but the hot start has already restored the mystique around the program as far as recruits are concerned.

From Rivals

He was at the UA/MSU game. Will return for the Iron Bowl with his mother. Will visit UGA/Ole Miss game next week for an UOV.

Considering 4 schools for OVs at this time. UA, AU, Clemson, and UGA.

He was at the UA/MSU game. Will return for the Iron Bowl with his mother. Will visit UGA/Ole Miss game next week for an UOV.

Considering 4 schools for OVs at this time. UA, AU, Clemson, and UGA.

It's Bama. It will always be Bama unless Bama does not want the recruit. If they want him, they will get him.

From Rivals - Nkemdice and Adams -

The mothers of two big-time recruits in Georgia have been in the news quite a bit lately.

First it was the mother of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson defensive end Robert Nkemdiche, the nation's No. 1 player, and then it was the mom of Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County defensive tackle Montravius Adams, the nation's No. 16 player and No. 2 defensive tackle.

Nkemdiche's mother, Beverly, has been very outspoken over the last week when it comes to her wishes that Robert play at Ole Miss with his brother, Denzel Nkemdiche, for ease of travel for the family as well as avoiding the brothers playing against each other.

While Nkemdiche is still committed to Clemson, it seems inevitable now that he will sign with Ole Miss. What that does to Clemson in regards to his teammates, Wayne Gallman and David Kamara, is anyone's guess.

Nkemdiche and his mother have said they won't make a decision until Signing Day. And it appears that Alabama, if it can get him (and his mom) on campus, could be a bigger threat to Ole Miss than even Clemson, where Beverly said she is not visiting.

What is truly puzzling about this whole thing is the claim by Nkemdiche's mother that she has never been contacted by Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. That is simply puzzling and clearly a huge oversight in this process.

As for Adams, it has become clear that his mom, Debbie Young, will have a huge hand in his college decision, and the duo's recent visit to Georgia could put the Dawgs in the lead.

Adams' mom has been much more low-key than Nkemdiche's mom, but she apparently loved the trip; and Athens and the UGA campus have become some of her favorite places.

Auburn, Alabama and Clemson are the other schools often mentioned with Adams. He has also visited Michigan State, Florida State, Tennessee and Florida, although those schools don't appear to be in the lead group.

Adams and his mom will be heading to Clemson this weekend to meet Swinney and the staff, so at least Dabo will be meeting with one of the moms of his top targets in Georgia.

It is obviously very common for family members to have a huge impact on where a prospect goes to college, but I can't remember the last time two five-stars from the same state had such influential mothers who would be potentially dictating their decisions.

From here on out, it will be clear that the schools hoping to land Nkemdiche and Adams will be recruiting mom as feverishly as the players themselves. Early prediction on Adams? Georgia and Mark Richt take this one home.

The mothers of two big-time recruits in Georgia have been in the news quite a bit lately.

First it was the mother of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson defensive end Robert Nkemdiche, the nation's No. 1 player, and then it was the mom of Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County defensive tackle Montravius Adams, the nation's No. 16 player and No. 2 defensive tackle.

Nkemdiche's mother, Beverly, has been very outspoken over the last week when it comes to her wishes that Robert play at Ole Miss with his brother, Denzel Nkemdiche, for ease of travel for the family as well as avoiding the brothers playing against each other.

While Nkemdiche is still committed to Clemson, it seems inevitable now that he will sign with Ole Miss. What that does to Clemson in regards to his teammates, Wayne Gallman and David Kamara, is anyone's guess.

Nkemdiche and his mother have said they won't make a decision until Signing Day. And it appears that Alabama, if it can get him (and his mom) on campus, could be a bigger threat to Ole Miss than even Clemson, where Beverly said she is not visiting.

What is truly puzzling about this whole thing is the claim by Nkemdiche's mother that she has never been contacted by Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. That is simply puzzling and clearly a huge oversight in this process.

As for Adams, it has become clear that his mom, Debbie Young, will have a huge hand in his college decision, and the duo's recent visit to Georgia could put the Dawgs in the lead.

Adams' mom has been much more low-key than Nkemdiche's mom, but she apparently loved the trip; and Athens and the UGA campus have become some of her favorite places.

Auburn, Alabama and Clemson are the other schools often mentioned with Adams. He has also visited Michigan State, Florida State, Tennessee and Florida, although those schools don't appear to be in the lead group.

Adams and his mom will be heading to Clemson this weekend to meet Swinney and the staff, so at least Dabo will be meeting with one of the moms of his top targets in Georgia.

It is obviously very common for family members to have a huge impact on where a prospect goes to college, but I can't remember the last time two five-stars from the same state had such influential mothers who would be potentially dictating their decisions.

From here on out, it will be clear that the schools hoping to land Nkemdiche and Adams will be recruiting mom as feverishly as the players themselves. Early prediction on Adams? Georgia and Mark Richt take this one home.

I know there is a Nkemdiche that plays for Ole Miss right now I don't know if they are related or not but i mean come on how many people have that last name? Could be a big reason if not already pointed out

I know there is a Nkemdiche that plays for Ole Miss right now I don't know if they are related or not but i mean come on how many people have that last name? Could be a big reason if not already pointed out

The article you just quoted has your answer.

2393597-453px-you_dont_say-png.20185

the article leaves out a very big point.. adams gf wants him at UGA.. what mom and gf wants they will get.

the article leaves out a very big point.. adams gf wants him at UGA.. what mom and gf wants they will get.

I do not think that UA has a real shot at him, but he is taking an OV to UA for the Iron Bowl and his mother will be with him.

I also think with RN decommitting UGA is now the team to beat for Adams.

VN Store

Back