Official Jon Gruden Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know, smoke. evidently there is some contention with the guys in the recruiting forum over this forum. why? i have no idea. they call it the gruden orgy. i assume he was was either covering for ridiculous proclamations he made or trying to impress those guys. either way, he is branded forever.

Well, at least until he comes up with his next name. Saban-OCI-o maybe?

If a mod came on here and lied like that just to stir up shat I would never come back. No way I believe that. SBV believes what he posted to be true. Freak cannot have a mod doing that imo. With that said SBV seems like a solid guy based on other posts. I know Jay now off the forum and he knows me, so what he says go with it imo. The only person that came off as shady was OCI and that just very recently. He just seemed to be riding coattails before that tbh.
What about Skeeter saying AD has not mentioned Gruden as candidate ?

Minor adjustment - made.

posterrockcopy-1.jpg

I believe that would be referred to as "De-Swagged"...:hi:

Reactions: 2 people
What about Skeeter saying AD has not mentioned Gruden as candidate ?

Different information from different sources. Not everyone's info is coming from within the AD...and the AD certainly has every reason to keep a tight lid on potential coaching replacements at this point, with Dooley still employed.

Al Golden is 37-44 in his career. He will be no better then Dooley. Tubbs is hired then we will continue to be laughing stock of SEC.

I think the Temple job took some time and wasnt going to show up on the wins/loss record, like Schiano at Rutgers, takes time at those places. 2008 and 2009 were solid and most agree that he did OK at Mami last year (Miami is a messright now with looming sanctions)I would certainly agree that he isnt as established as UT needs.
Not sure about laughingstock with Tubs. Is either one of those guys in my top 7-8? No, absolutely not. Are they upgrades? I believe so. That being said, UT cant afford to go that route, gotta go big. My whole point was that if they swing for fence a few times, could do worse than those guys, esp Tubs. There is no way either are not an upgrade from DD but I get that an upgrade isnt good enough, has to be a homerun.

Last edited:
It turns out that he was trolling us with all that info he was delivering..He admitted in the recruiting forum.

Different people read it different ways.

Well, guys, my final advice is don't lose sleep over this and definitely don't lose focus at work. I personally think we are probably pursuing Gruden, but the chances of getting him are really slim, regardless of the money and his ties to Tennessee. It's much more likely we get a different, proven coach, if Dooley gets fired.

In the meantime, cheer your Vols to victory! We are getting to watch some special players this year (Patterson, our OL, etc.). Let's enjoy them while we've got them.

There's still a lot of program pride to play for, not the least of which is avoiding another losing season. I think these guys get it done, 7-5.

Those guys worship at the altar of OCI. Consider the source. Judge me by my "enemies". I feel really confident in the judgement you arrive at if you do so.

I can't believe you guys are in here having a bof ecred battle. He did go over the top in that one post though.

The AD cannot mention anyone as a candidate at this point. Also anyone he is interested in will be talked to through others. I could always be wrong but I am positive any such candidate would not be near Knoxville. Meetings would happen in hotels or private homes in other locations mostl like a different state. Hart can not acknowledge anything until it is nailed down.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone else's knickers moistened after that report about the Cleveland booster? I was beginning to allow skepticism to creep in. I must say I am back to half mast. Grudenites Rule! :rock2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back