Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that is 99-100% true, but God I wish they would do it today, I think not only the fans but the players would get a lift out of it.

You think the knowledge their coach has been fired would be good for the players? Do they hate Dooley that much?

I thought so to. Doesn't really matter to me either way. The announcements would still be made, with the replacement starting around the SEC Championship game.

Is there any realistic chance they make the announcement confirming his departure WITHOUT already having an agreement in principle with the successor? I know this issue has been discussed some a couple hundred pages ago and my recollection is the feeling was they would not cut him loose without a big fish already on the hook. Personally, while I don't think Dooley is the answer, I would also hate to be left scrambling for a coach again late in the year and would prefer leaving him in place a while longer to firing him without a replacement waiting in the wings.

He knows....has known for a week. He's being allowed to decide how he goes out. He may coach out the season, or an interim could be named.
That's stupid if it's true.

He should be fired today. Don't give him a chance to garner some support by beating some awful teams, even if the decision has already been made.

You think the knowledge their coach has been fired would be good for the players? Do they hate Dooley that much?

Given the players relationships with Dooley, along with other people in the admin, you might hear the cheers from Worlds Fair Park. I absolutely think we get a lift when he is let go, and that Chaney will do a respectable job at interim. I am not sure how much of our lack of success rests on Chaney. I think he has been hamstrung by Dooley since day 1.

Is there any realistic chance they make the announcement confirming his departure WITHOUT already having an agreement in principle with the successor? I know this issue has been discussed some a couple hundred pages ago and my recollection is the feeling was they would not cut him loose without a big fish already on the hook. Personally, while I don't think Dooley is the answer, I would also hate to be left scrambling for a coach again late in the year and would prefer leaving him in place a while longer to firing him without a replacement waiting in the wings.

Absolutely yes. He is gone, the HC search has nothing to do with this fact.

Chicken or the egg argument.

Gruden will not accept publicly while there is no job opening. I'd say they won't make a public announcement without some assurances.

Regardless....Dooley is gone and that is a fact.

That's stupid if it's true.

He should be fired today. Don't give him a chance to garner some support by beating some awful teams, even if the decision has already been made.
That is exactly their thinking but will wait until next Monday. Big gamble though because USCe is beatable.

That is exactly their thinking but will wait until next Monday. Big gamble though because USCe is beatable.

I dont feel this way. I think USCe is going be awfully mad and looking for dinner...Spurrier will not let a coach on his way out from the University he despises knock them down.

But why not just do it today? What do they hope to gain?

Nothing to gain, it is a timeline, a sequence of how things should be as laid out in an undisclosed plan...

I think Hart should let MNF play out tonight and announce the firing tomorrow. This would allow more to be worked out over the next week before the next MNF.

I like Dooley as a person and wanted him to do well but it just wasn't gonna happen. I wouldn't mind if we could win out the season to let Dooley and the university save a little face, and name Gruden HC during bowl break.

I like Dooley as a person and wanted him to do well but it just wasn't gonna happen. I wouldn't mind if we could win out the season to let Dooley and the university save a little face, and name Gruden HC during bowl break.

I liked him too...felt he brought some class to us...but UT lost face after Kentucky last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back