Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quote stood out to me:

"I'm competitive to a fault. I'm not proud of that, but that's kind of in my DNA," Hart said. "So nobody's more upset, believe me. I just can't display it like some people can.

"But I wouldn't want to work in an environment where there was no passion. You just have to understand that. What I have to do is see the big picture — because I see it everyday. Most people see it on Saturday, I see it seven days a week. I have to view the big picture, and that's what I've always done."

I definitely think Dooley is here next year.

Agreed. The sooner people realize Dooley isn't going anywhere, the better. He agrees with what CDD is doing, but he wants to see results. That's what I get from a lot of that article.

Honestly, those comments could go either way; it was neither an endorsement for or against...anyone.

I read that as if he's going to do what ever it takes to build a championship athletic department, not just football.

On a sidenote: If a coaching change is inevitable in the next two years, I hope it happens this year instead of next. I would hate for our staff to blow up in the midst of recruiting several big time Vol legacies.
...just another reason why letting him go this year would be wise.

On a sidenote: If a coaching change is inevitable in the next two years, I hope it happens this year instead of next. I would hate for our staff to blow up in the midst of recruiting several big time Vol legacies.

Good point. Had not thought of that.

I do feel we need a big hire if a change will be made.

Otherwise, keep CDD and give him this year and next.

But, if next year is bad, you could have the senario you mentioned. Tough spot for Hart and has nothing to do with what posters here think.

I really feel Hart has to decide based on the next few games if CDD can get it done or not long term.

His job probably hangs mainly on this one decision.

Honestly, those comments could go either way; it was neither an endorsement for or against...anyone.

I read that as if he's going to do what ever it takes to build a championship athletic department, not just football.

...just another reason why letting him go this year would be wise.

!

Lol. You can get over the MSU loss now. But what games should we have won? I think that every factor considered, it's a little silly to expect wins out of UF and UGA. MSU is arguable. I'll judge that game at the end of the season.

Once again wtf are you talking? I've been over the loss. Where are you getting all of your great info about me from?

I would assume every true TN fan backs this team, players and coaches regardless. I'm just curious if you're the AD what do you do?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm loyal to this University first and team second...and the coaches third.

My only problems with players is when they represent this University poorly. So long as they give their all for Tennessee, they have my support.

Coaches...I USED to be loyal but loyalty in college football breeds mediocrity. Much like players, as long as they represent this University with dignity, I have no issues with them personally. However, professionally...my allegiance is results-oriented.

While representing the University with class and dignity is definitely a prerequisite, good guys get fired from HC gigs every year.

Good thing our AD won't be thinking like that, 'cause he'd get fired as well!

Just like many of us posivols hope hart doesn't think like y'all negavols/Grudenites do. All I'm saying is that if you r going to fire a guy that is working his tail off to rebuild and has shown progress in many ways but clearly needs more time then your replacement better succeed ASAP!!! It's pretty simple and find it funny how so many of y'all not giving cdd any slack are now trying to give it to Gruden before he gets here.

If you want wins NOW then expect it from your guy or stop whining like little old b*tches at their weekly bridge game. Simple.

For the record IMHO...Gruden allowing people to speculate that he is interested in the job is hurtful to cdd and in turn to our current Vols. if people can't see that then that's not my problem.

Let's go Dooley's Vols!!!! Buck Fama!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Right and Fulmer's $120k/mo buyout ends this year. So if they bought out Dooley it would be $138k/mo for 3 years.

I'm one of the biggest CDD fans on this board and I'll be very sad to see him go but if Gruden wants the job Hart isn't saying no. He's just not. Dooley deserves a ton of credit for rebuilding the roster, program image, VFL program and everything else he's done in his time at UT. But if he doesn't pull off a huge upset this weekend or next I believe he might be gone. I'm certainly not advocating for that to happen but it just seems to be the case. I will always appreciate everything he did for UT and wish him the best wherever he ends up if he's let go.

Hopefully we beat Bama AND USCjr and Dooley gets that extension and closes strong with this recruiting class, I'm certainly rooting for him. JMO

That's exactly how I feel.

Just like many of us posivols hope hart doesn't think like y'all negavols/Grudenites do. All I'm saying is that if you r going to fire a guy that is working his tail off to rebuild and has shown progress in many ways but clearly needs more time then your replacement better succeed ASAP!!! It's pretty simple and find it funny how so many of y'all not giving cdd any slack are now trying to give it to Gruden before he gets here.

If you want wins NOW then expect it from your guy or stop whining like little old b*tches at their weekly bridge game. Simple.

For the record IMHO...Gruden allowing people to speculate that he is interested in the job is hurtful to cdd and in turn to our current Vols. if people can't see that then that's not my problem.

I'm not sure how it is clear he just needs time. I'm not saying he can't be successful. I just don't see how it is clear we are so close to being back to what we are used too.

JMO, but I think if it doesn't happen this year then it does next year. Especially if Bray, CP, & Hunter all go pro. I can see our defense improving but we are lacking playmakers back there to make a huge leap. Just looking at next years schedule I can see at least 6 losses, now things can change & anything can happen but if we are looking at a 7-5 6-6 record again next year then I think a move needs to be made now. The schedule doesn't get any easier in 2014 or beyond.

I'd rather make a HR hire & go 7-5 next year while he is implenting his system, getting the team use to his style of coaching, & allowing him to get a full recruiting class together to allow him to make a real move in 2014 instead of allowing Dooley to go 7-5 or 6-6 next year & delaying the inevitable.

JMO.

I'm not sure how it is clear he just needs time. I'm not saying he can't be successful. I just don't see how it is clear we are so close to being back to what we are used too.

He needs more time because it's my belief that cdd hasn't had the ability to fully focus only on the football field. He's had to fix so many issues that were around before he arrived, and a big reason he was brought in. IMHO fixing these problems have had to be done before success can be completely had. Greed is what is causing the outrage imo. Not only has he had to fix all these "behind the scenes" issues he has had to face one of the toughest schedules stretches imaginable with a lack of top caliber talent.

I don't look at the situation with the program and the AD only through my alum/fan glasses but through my professional glasses as well. This is why I believe he needs time to get it done. Honestly I don't think the foundation is complete, so Gruden better be ready to work on those things too. I understand he will bring in more interest and money, but money doesn't fix everything. Especially things that only time can heal.

GBO!!!

JMO, but I think if it doesn't happen this year then it does next year. Especially if Bray, CP, & Hunter all go pro. I can see our defense improving but we are lacking playmakers back there to make a huge leap. Just looking at next years schedule I can see at least 6 losses, now things can change & anything can happen but if we are looking at a 7-5 6-6 record again next year then I think a move needs to be made now. The schedule doesn't get any easier in 2014 or beyond.

I'd rather make a HR hire & go 7-5 next year while he is implenting his system, getting the team use to his style of coaching, & allowing him to get a full recruiting class together to allow him to make a real move in 2014 instead of allowing Dooley to go 7-5 or 6-6 next year & delaying the inevitable.

JMO.

nah its 5 at most again next year, but besides the 5 that will be ranked whos that 6th to watch for iyo

Did I just hear we are down to one official for the weekend? The Bama weekend?

North is the only official, but we have a lot coming on their own dime including Liner, Lawson, Adams, Langley, Bell, Mathis, and quite a few others those are just the ones that I can remember off the top of my head. OCI has a thread stickied at the top of the page.

North is the only official, but we have a lot coming on their own dime including Liner, Lawson, Adams, Langley, Bell, Mathis, and quite a few others those are just the ones that I can remember off the top of my head. OCI has a thread stickied at the top of the page.

Thanks.

Dooley's halftime speech at Mississippi State was said to be one of the loudest tongue-lashings he has given and he also got with the defensive staff to make sure things were simplified a great deal heading into the second half. The result of that decision seemed to be some better play. If things remain simplified this week don't be shocked if you see more guys play on defense, guys like Jordan Williams, Saulsberry, and Corey Miller who could even see time at Jack linebacker. If Williams does not start, we would expect him to be the first option for Curt Maggitt, who despite often being in the traditional orange jersey worn by Vol defenders has done very little practice work this week. Also, Willie Bohannon was shaken up with an apparent arm injury late in the week, and he could be a game-time decision for the Vols.
-VQ

I have seen this several times from you. What's the deal with Dooley's Vols instead of Tennessee Vols.

I have seen this several times from you. What's the deal with Dooley's Vols instead of Tennessee Vols.

He is the current HC and this is his lead team and supporting him. He's as much a part of the team as the players are so deserves the respect. Something you don't understand.

It's not taking anything away from Tennessee. But to stop the confusion I'll start saying:

Let's go Dooley's UT Vols!!!!! Buck Fama!!! (better???)

Dooley's halftime speech at Mississippi State was said to be one of the loudest tongue-lashings he has given and he also got with the defensive staff to make sure things were simplified a great deal heading into the second half. The result of that decision seemed to be some better play. If things remain simplified this week don't be shocked if you see more guys play on defense, guys like Jordan Williams, Saulsberry, and Corey Miller who could even see time at Jack linebacker. If Williams does not start, we would expect him to be the first option for Curt Maggitt, who despite often being in the traditional orange jersey worn by Vol defenders has done very little practice work this week. Also, Willie Bohannon was shaken up with an apparent arm injury late in the week, and he could be a game-time decision for the Vols.
...VQ

3 more would do it, I think.

Reactions: 2 people
I doubt you'll hear much complaining if it happens. I think most are begging the guy to win. Just haven't seen a lot to get confident about.

Problem is if we do win you'll have the high expectations crowd come out and put the USCjr game as the new test yadda yadda yadda.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back