Some notes from practice

Yes he is.

Now, is it a good thing you're rolling out your starting MLB, an All-SEC one at that, to get tough yardage on 3rd down because you don't have a RB capable of doing it?

That's the rub of it for me. I like picking up 3rd and short like this, but it also is mind boggling there isn't a RB on the roster that could do the same thing, and I honestly don't think there is one (Justin King maybe?)
Kinda like that Woodson guy that won the heisman. Didnt UM have any wr's or punt returners? AJ is an atlete, use him while we can.

To be fair, AJ didn't get much contact running the ball. I see the point though, but if it gets the job done then I see why he does it.

Oh, I see why we did it. I just wish there was a decent option at RB where we didn't have to do it.

Oh, I see why we did it. I just wish there was a decent option at RB where we didn't have to do it.

Hopefully one of the Derricks realized our need for a back like them, and jump onboard.. Not a better back out there for those situations than those two..

What's the point in debating this? Everybody wishes that.

Unless it's just a way to spin a negative on something that was a positive.

I didn't realize Bray was saying it seriously.

I didnt think he was serious either. I saw the video when he said it and Ibusted out laughing because it sounded like a smart a** answer to a dumb question. "did u watch the second half?". That would probably have been my response too, "no we didnt watch it, the big bang theory was on and we just dont miss that". Also loved his comment when he told the official on the grounding play "hey, he was supposed to run an out pattern." the ref said thats your problem. Someone asked Tyler if the receiver was really supposed to run an out and he laughed and said "no, but he didnt know that, he doesnt know our plays." Very funny, and a good try to get any break u can.

Reactions: 1 person
weirdscience.jpg

I don't know if I believe him, the coaches made him watch it, or he just said it.

Chaney said he deserved the blame for not running the ball more as he got pass happy.

Pig Howard is going to be playin a lot more snaps starting this week. They thought they could get him a few vs. Florida but had a slight limp still. Hinshaw said he just does things in practice that make you go "wow!" Also, you will see Bowles and Croom get more touches so Hunter and Patterson won't have to play so many snaps.

Sal said that execution was a bigger problem than communication on the big plays Saturday night.

Bray did in fact watch the game tape vs. Florida with Chaney.

Chaney said he is impressed with AJ and that he just finds the hole.

AJ finds the holes that the other backs never see. We need to sign at least two really good RBs.

Kinda like that Woodson guy that won the heisman. Didnt UM have any wr's or punt returners? AJ is an atlete, use him while we can.

Because CB and WR/PR is comparable to LB/TB.

And it would be different if Tennessee had any depth whatsoever at LB to go in if AJ gets hurt, but there's not.

It's just a shame that there isn't an actual scholarship RB they feel comfortable doing the same thing.

Chaney has been pass happy since he's been here, I think. Granted, our running game has been meh, mostly, but he's an experienced guy who ought to know that you've got to mix things up. No excuse for that BS. He also ought to know that college receivers will break down when they get tired--poor routes, dropped passes--and that has been an issue with Hunter this year already.

Truth. I'm all for having WR/DBs going both ways on a play or two but I don't know how good an idea it is for a guy to play both ways at two contact positions like that.

I agree but two plays a game wont kill him... o **** now hes doomed

VN Store

Back