Question for Freak, Moderators, and VN Guru's.....

I support my team and coach. I have all the optimism in the world for Dooley. I was at the game it was painful to watch and I almost cried. I don't think Dooley can get it done but I want him to get it done. He needs our help to fill up the stands. I will have faith in all my coaches no matter how bad they are. Vandy and Kentucky do it every week. Support your coach and team is all i'm asking.

?

I did watch the game albeit with a fist full of whiskey!

Defense was in position but didn't execute...they just missed tackels and got and FLA's speed severely exposed those mistakes

We only scored 20 points...its not like we put up 50!

Recievers running the right routes is on the players...

Its like you are making all my points fpor me! Thank you I was affraid I was going to have to really defend my statment!!!

The players not knowing what to do is on the coaches. You have not made a legitimate point yet.

Did you watch this years game or not?

The defense was out of position on all the big plays.

UT wins easy if the D can line up and the O stops play faking to phantoms and receivers run the right routes.

We did not lose because we were out athleted.

"out athleted"? :blink:

I did watch the game albeit with a fist full of whiskey!

Defense was in position but didn't execute...they just missed tackels and got and FLA's speed severely exposed those mistakes

You must have pounded that whole bottle of whiskey before kickoff if you think our defense was in position.

The players not knowing what to do is on the coaches. You have not made a legitimate point yet.

You really think that the def coaches haven't gone over assigments with the players????? Come on man! I love the vols as much as you do but really!!!! The kids just got out played! We got beat by a team with better players...

You must have pounded that whole bottle of whiskey before kickoff if you think our defense was in position.

If you know anything about football they in the right sets but being out of position/not proprerly recting to the play is on the players...they didn't adjust! Not saying you don't know anything about football! Just saying I don't think the play calling on either side of the ball was the problem! We simply got beat by a team of better athletes! Would you not agree?

You really think that the def coaches haven't gone over assigments with the players????? Come on man! I love the vols as much as you do but really!!!! The kids just got out played! We got beat by a team with better players...

Right and I said before. This was not the time change to the 3-4. Sal does not get a free pass to allow busted plays based on complexity of the scheme.

He did not keep it simple enough. UF does not have much on O and Sal let them off the hook.

If you know anything about football they in the right sets but being out of position/not proprerly recting to the play is on the players...they didn't adjust! Not saying you don't know anything about football! Just saying I don't think the play calling on either side of the ball was the problem! We simply got beat by a team of better athletes! Would you not agree?

No. I don't agree. Our rush defense was absolutely atrocious because NOBODY set the corner on either side of the defense but particularly the left side of our defense. That is coaching. We abandoned the running game the entire second half. That is coaching. We continuously ran the same deep pass routes over and over again despite the fact that Florida was consistently taking away the deep ball. That is coaching. Our players once again quit in the 4th quarter. That is coaching.

Right and I said before. This was not the time change to the 3-4. Sal does not get a free pass to allow busted plays based on complexity of the scheme.

He did not keep it simple enough. UF does not have much on O and Sal let them off the hook.

when would be the right time???

So now you are saying our guys are dumb and can't adjust to a new system...is that the coaches fault?

FLA's O just broke some bif plays...they have talent!

Many, many times they didn't even get a play called on D. They were pointing and shrugging. DD should have called a time out, I guess problem was he only had 3 lol

People act like UF wasn't a talented team or something. They were ranked at the beginning of the season for a reason.

when would be the right time???

So now you are saying our guys are dumb and can't adjust to a new system...is that the coaches fault?

FLA's O just broke some bif plays...they have talent!

No most say it takes a year of games to adjust. Problem is we have the players and we need to win now.

Many, many times they didn't even get a play called on D. They were pointing and shrugging. DD should have called a time out, I guess problem was he only had 3 lol

HA.. you might be right 10 timeouts yesterday might not have helped! I don't want to argue..I just think this game fell on the players...not the coaches!

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out that we're not going to beat good SEC teams which includes GA, Bama, and USCjr. A good chance we lose either miss state or missouri game. 8-4 at best which is poor IMO considering the talent and experience on this team.

An experienced 3* is just experienced at being a 3*. So just because our players are experienced doesn't mean they are anything other than experienced.

HA.. you might be right 10 timeouts yesterday might not have helped! I don't want to argue..I just think this game fell on the players...not the coaches!

OK, I can agree to disagree.

I love to argue, but I'm not drinking so I am out gunned anyway. Peace out

If Burton had been stopped from making that 80 yard run down the right side, which they ran all night long to the right side, had that been a turning point for us? Coaches did not correct that outside run all night. What game are the coaches watching and not making adjustments?

How do you know they didn't correct it? They can put all the corrections in the world in and if the D doesn't make the adjustment on the field, all the corrections don't make a difference. All that tells me is that we need more time with the schemes.

Do you think Louisiana Monroe has better athletes than Arkansas or Auburn?????

Right now, Dooley is the coach. Sal is the DC. Chaney, and for three years, I do not like him as OC is the OC. Maggitt, Bray, Neal, CP, and Hunter ect are players who wear the T on the helmet. As a VOL fan, I will cheer and support all of the coaches and players who are playing on the field.

When the season is over, just like any job any of us have had or have, we get judged for our performance. They will be judged and if appropriate, schollys not renewed and coaches fired. Or, the opposite. It is one game. When the season ends, make the decisions on any changes. Knee jerked reactions from week to week are stupid. To give CDD a five year extention if we had one last night would be stupid. To fire him after last night would be stupid. Stop being stupid. Get mad when we lose and celebrate when we win. Supporting a team thru all good and bad times is what true fans do.

We can discuss shortcomings but as long as they are Vols support them. Not blind support with no accountability but keep cheering. WANT them to succeed not fail so you can get coach so and so. If Tennessee goes 7-6 or something like that, I would think changes would and should be on the horizon.

But, how about getting ready for the rest of the season and let's judge this staff once the season is over.

My opinion. But, if everytime my kid messes up, I tell them how horrible they are. I have to think they will not get better.

VN Store

Back