Todd's Taste of The Town

why in the heck would he go to Nama? he's probably been to dozens of better sushi places than that.

also wouldn't see him going all the way out to big ed's

Pizza Palace on the east side. Diners-Drive ins-and Dives did a skit there. It's a pretty good place.

As for Ye Old Steakhouse....I don't care how many times you've been there. Those prime ribs are worth another trip.

Reactions: 1 person
The people screaming Soccer Taco are joking, right? Taco Bell is more authentic.

I agree. Soccer Taco is just another run of the mill Mexican joint. It's ok, but I'm not going out of my way to eat there. Food is good. Margaritas suck.

Does anyone remember the pool hall/ hot dog joint in west Knoxville about 20 years ago? Maybe Rogers? That place was great and the dogs were like 75 cents. I'm sure it isn't there anymore.

Ye Olde is classic. Someone mentioned the BBQ place in the Alcoa/ Maryville area. I want to try that the next time I go see the folks. Also, near Friendsville there is a BBQ restaurant that looks really good. Can't think of the name of it, though.

What sushi places has he been that are better?

I don't know where he has been.

His experiences are often unique to the area he's in. Nama is "just another sushi place".

What about Smoky Mtn Brewery or Copper Cellar?

<<<<<< This guy has obviously never been, next thing you know he will be comparing a chilis steak to that of Ye olde.

Been twice. Ever been to Los Amigos in Maryville or Senor Taco in North Knox? Both are extremely better than Soccer Taco and it's not even close. Los Palmas del Oro on Clinton Hwy, any Monterrey or Cancun are better than Futbol Taco also, but not on the level of the first two I listed.

Been twice. Ever been to Los Amigos in Maryville or Senor Taco in North Knox? Both are extremely better than Soccer Taco and it's not even close. Los Palmas del Oro on Clinton Hwy, any Monterrey or Cancun are better than Futbol Taco also, but not on the level of the first two I listed.

never been that impressed with ST, either.

plus, going to a restaurant with a soccer reference for the real football game of the week?!? f'in communists.

The Other One Deli in oak ridge is a really cool place with awesome awesome burgers. Don't know if they would go that far though.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Harby's. A little deli down in the the Fountain City/Halls area. The absolute best deep dish pizza I have ever eaten in my entire life.

Have we all forgotten the sacred establishment that is Gus' Good Times Deli?! Sure they'll jack the prices up on gameday or post 1am when you walk in stumbling after a hard night, but it has tradition and their food is pretty damn good...

1 vote for Gus'!

Reactions: 1 person
every time i see him do the taste of the town segment, i am painfully reminded that there is no where to get a good home cooked meal on our campus.

VN Store

Back