'13 SG Jajuan Johnson

Sounds like Johnson is coming back around to the Tigers. He may need to announce before Dez Wells does though,
Where did you get that? Sounds like he's still pretty bitter to me. But either way, this article was released the same day of King's commitment, so it's not really that recent.

I've always just assumed Johnson was a Memphis lock, though. Where do you think he'll end up, if not at Memphis?

Sounds like Johnson is coming back around to the Tigers.

huh?

This is what he said.... “They are involved, but that was one of my favorite schools, but now they are just a school involved right now.”

WAS one of my favorite schools...now they are JUST A SCHOOL

How on earth do you get from that that he's coming back around to the tigers?

Bleeding, saw on twitter that Top 100 big Damian Jones verbaled to Vandy...any effect on Nichols?

The name Vandy affects his decision more than anything with Vandy.

Where did you get that? Sounds like he's still pretty bitter to me. But either way, this article was released the same day of King's commitment, so it's not really that recent.

I've always just assumed Johnson was a Memphis lock, though. Where do you think he'll end up, if not at Memphis?

Bama.

huh?

This is what he said.... “They are involved, but that was one of my favorite schools, but now they are just a school involved right now.”

WAS one of my favorite schools...now they are JUST A SCHOOL

How on earth do you get from that that he's coming back around to the tigers?

He's warming back up, just like I predicted he would.

He's warming back up, just like I predicted he would.

How you get he's warming back up from that quote is wayyyy beyond my understanding...

He said they were a favorite, and now they're just a school. I know I don't sport a Memphis education, but if that's to be taken as he's warming back up to them, then I'm lost.

How you get he's warming back up from that quote is wayyyy beyond my understanding...

He said they were a favorite, and now they're just a school. I know I don't sport a Memphis education, but if that's to be taken as he's warming back up to them, then I'm lost.

Tell me about it.

I think BTO makes a valid point, and thus has a valid question, and you seem to be doing your best, to deflect/ignore it.

What gives you this newfound glimpse of optimism in light of his comment?
I agree, especially since he made comments that same day at King's commitment that cannot possibly construed as positive if you're a Memphis fan. I still think he'll end up at Memphis, but that's just because I can't see him anywhere else, and not because of those comments...

Last edited:
I think BTO makes a valid point, and thus has a valid question, and you seem to be doing your best, to deflect/ignore it.

What gives you this newfound glimpse of optimism in light of his comment?

The difference in these comments and the comments he made directly after Markel committed. His statements towards Memphis have softened noticably. Additionally, he's confirming that Pastner is in fact continuing to recruit him.

This coupled with some other things I've heard re: JJ make me confident in my original predictions.

I'll gladly answer when someone asks politely, but BTO went right into the "I'm lost" followed by a knock on "Memphis education". It's clear he just wants an argument, and he ain't getting it.

Yup, all signs point to MD.

Yeah MD it is but I would say the bigger news for Memphis is Geron Johnson eligible to play this season. That dude is good, real good but it comes with a small risk with him. This Memphis team this season will be the best Josh has had, they will be loaded.

Yeah MD it is but I would say the bigger news for Memphis is Geron Johnson eligible to play this season. That dude is good, real good but it comes with a small risk with him. This Memphis team this season will be the best Josh has had, they will be loaded.

They will be loaded. There's not really a weak link on that team. THe only place they may be hurting is at the 4/5. That depends a lot on the development of Hall and Simpson.

They will be loaded. There's not really a weak link on that team. THe only place they may be hurting is at the 4/5. That depends a lot on the development of Hall and Simpson.

Their biggest weakness is their coach, if he has a good year Memphis can be VERY good. Quite possibly most talented team in the country not named Kentucky.

Their biggest weakness is their coach, if he has a good year Memphis can be VERY good. Quite possibly most talented team in the country not named Kentucky.

I like Pastner but this will be the year for him to prove he can coach. There will be a lot of unhappy people in Mem if the team doesn't live up to expectations. We'll see what difference his new hire makes this year.

I like Pastner but this will be the year for him to prove he can coach. There will be a lot of unhappy people in Mem if the team doesn't live up to expectations. We'll see what difference his new hire makes this year.

Yup.

It's no secret, I hope he crashes and burn.

Yep. He's got all the tools, including a possible PoY candidate in Adonis Thomas. The kid is beastly right now, listed as 6'7" 252 lbs in the recent team measurements. That paired with how solid and experienced Memphis is down the bench can make this a very good year. We'll see.

VN Store

Back