Atlanta Braves III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a good deal. Have to give something to get something. Front offices are smart, they aren't going to give away players with value. And Viz is nothing of a sure thing.

Some of you guys are going to hate every deal. You've got to give up something to get something. Stop acting like a reliever coming off TJ surgery is a future Cy Young winner.

imager.php

Some of you guys are going to hate every deal. You've got to give up something to get something.

What did we get? A league average pitcher and the 4th OF off the worst team in the sport?

Viz was dynamite. His slider was the second best pitch on the staff behind Kimbrel. I wouldn't "hate every deal." I loved this one until Viz popped up. Would much rather have parted with spruill.

Maholm has a cheap-ish team option next year. Johnson's gone in two months.

Nice job by Theo Epstein, anyway. That's exactly the kind of trade you want to make at the deadline.

Risky move by Wren; there's a reasonable chance that he just traded a future all-star pitcher for two stiffs. There's also a reasonable chance that Vizcaino never does anything.

Vizcaino's definitely the guy you want to trade if you have to give up one of the top-tier pitchers, though.

What did we get? A league average pitcher and the 4th OF off the worst team in the sport?

Viz was dynamite. His slider was the second best pitch on the staff behind Kimbrel. I wouldn't "hate every deal." I loved this one until Viz popped up. Would much rather have parted with spruill.

Yeah...before TJ surgery. No idea what you're getting when he comes back.

You have no idea what Vizcaino is going to look like. He has torn his UCL twice.

This deal is annoying. You don't want to give up Viz, but these two pieces could be big. Ugh.

Last edited:

An affordable pitcher that has been very good the past month and solid the last two seasons. He will easily be better than JJ and whatever else they were running out there in his spot. It allows Medlen to stay in the pen which improves that area.

Reed Johnson has had an OPS over .800 the past two seasons will playing plus defense. Plays all three outfield positions and good PH against LHP.

Of course it would be better to part with Zeke, but then the Cubs may have said no, so then you miss out on two quality players that improve the team on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back