Top Ten

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
With LeBron's title, this puts him in the top 10. Who ya got in your top ten?

1. Magic Johnson
2. Michael Jordan
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Tim Duncan
5. Larry Bird
6. Bill Russell
7. Hakeem Olajuwon
8. Wilt Chamberlain
9. LeBron James
10. Jerry West

1. Magic Johnson
2. Michael Jordan
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Tim Duncan
5. Larry Bird
6. Bill Russell
7. Hakeem Olajuwon
8. Wilt Chamberlain
9. LeBron James
10. Jerry West

Jordan 1. IMO

1. Magic Johnson
2. Michael Jordan
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Tim Duncan
5. Larry Bird
6. Bill Russell
7. Hakeem Olajuwon
8. Wilt Chamberlain
9. LeBron James
10. Jerry West

Also, i'm not a Kobe fan and can't stand him, but him nut being in the list is ridiculous.

Also, i'm not a Kobe fan and can't stand him, but him nut being in the list is ridiculous.

Kobe will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be in my top 10 for being such a complete jackass from 2004-2008.

MJ
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Hakeem
Oscar Robertson
Moses Malone

Lebron knocking on the door, in pending more titles

MJ
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Hakeem
Oscar Robertson
Moses Malone

Lebron knocking on the door, in pending more titles

Wilt better than Magic? No way. Also, I like Kareem at #2. Most underrated top ten NBA player.

Me personally I think Kareem is one of the most underrated players ever, and Wilt one of the more overrated players.

Wilt better than Magic? No way. Also, I like Kareem at #2. Most underrated top ten NBA player.

Also, only bill, MJ and Kareem have more mvp's and wilt averaged 22.9rpg for his career. Elite scorer, etc. etc.

Still just edges out Magic for me, but imo those two and Russell are 3a/3b/3c

Numbahs don't lie bruddah. And he's got the rings and MVP awards to back it up.

MJ

Kareem

Bill
Wilt
Magic

Is how I see the top 5.

I agree, I just look at the era he played in and how much taller he was. (I know it's not his fault) but if he wasn't putting up the numbers he did there would be something wrong.

I agree, I just look at the era he played in and how much taller he was. (I know it's not his fault) but if he wasn't putting up the numbers he did there would be something wrong.

Whenever these discussions break out I find I have to remind myself that guys can only play against who was out there at the time. Similar scenario when I argue Jim brown as the best football player of all time.

Whenever these discussions break out I find I have to remind myself that guys can only play against who was out there at the time. Similar scenario when I argue Jim brown as the best football player of all time.

That's why I say it's not his fault, and I probably shouldn't rank players that way, but it's hard not though.

I saw Magic's whole career and Jordan's whole career and the only reason I can think you would put Magic first is to be contrary. It's not close.

I'm not going to take a list seriously unless it has Bill Russell in the top five. Maybe top three. Either that or throw him out entirely because you won't consider anybody that didn't play in the last 30 years. You sure as hell can't rank him 6-10.

I saw Magic's whole career and Jordan's whole career and the only reason I can think you would put Magic first is to be contrary. It's not close.

I'm not going to take a list seriously unless it has Bill Russell in the top five. Maybe top three. Either that or throw him out entirely because you won't consider anybody that didn't play in the last 30 years. You sure as hell can't rank him 6-10.

My reasons: A) Magic could do it all. He was arguably the most complete player of all time. B) He was an incredible leader. C) Jordan was such an ******* those first six years, while Magic wasn't.

I just don't know how to project Russell's game today. Duncan could have done what Russ did in the 60's. Easy.

Magic came into such a beautiful situation. But he was brilliant.

1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kareem

Hard list to make. You can make arguments for so many guys.

My reasons: A) Magic could do it all. He was arguably the most complete player of all time. B) He was an incredible leader. C) Jordan was such an ******* those first six years, while Magic wasn't.

I just don't know how to project Russell's game today. Duncan could have done what Russ did in the 60's. Easy.

Magic played with Kareem from day one. Jordan had to claw his way up out of the mud pretty much by himself. There's no question that Magic had a wider skill set; he would probably be better in a video game where you gave a numerical value to everything. But if you play to win the game -- and therefore championships -- then there really has been nothing in American sports in my lifetime like Michael Jordan. You know I don't say the touchy feely intangible stuff lightly. But the guy was a damn force when the game was on the line like nobody ever. I would take Jordan over Magic without batting an eye.

Nobody on this board knows how to project Russell's game, because nobody saw him play and it was so different then. Dwight Howard would have been unstoppable back then -- but of course, he wouldn't have been Dwight Howard back then either. Either Russell is top five or you can't rank him at all.

Jim Brown is a hell of a comparison. Either he's the greatest ever or there are fifty guys better. You can't rank him #6.

VN Store

Back