USA Today Loves the Vols

We will compete for the SEC East this year, and NC next year if our WRs stick around for SR year.

Can't wait for football season. It's sucked so bad for so long to be a Vol fan.

Reactions: 1 person
We will compete for the SEC East this year, and NC next year if our WRs stick around for SR year.

Can't wait for football season. It's sucked so bad for so long to be a Vol fan.

We have the weapons, but don't forget we are coming off 1-7. ONE AND SEVEN!

That's the south for you.

And you bash the South. I love the guys that buy into the ignorant arguments of others about the University, the state, and the South. Stop listening to idiots and stop buying into the things they say about you.

And you bash the South. I love the guys that buy into the ignorant arguments of others about the University, the state, and the South. Stop listening to idiots and stop buying into the things they say about you.

Look at the numbers. The southeast has been for A LONG time been towards the bottom in education standards/rankings

And if you haven't noticed, I like to stir the pot :)

Look at the numbers. The southeast has been for A LONG time been towards the bottom in education standards/rankings

And still, a high percentage of America's wealth continues flocking south, year after year. Northerners love our weather, our women, and our bourbon, all the while feeling obligated to regale us with stories of northern bliss. Laughable.

Reactions: 3 people
In our current situation that list is always a nice dose of sunshine. It's gonna be hard to hold off USC from taking our 9 spot with the talent they have right now and will have coming in.

IDK, Kiffy may pull some big names but seems to struggle with keeping them around. In the next few years, he will have to be very selective with his recruits. :)

If our semi-stocked roster and new staff can produce, our spot will be safe. IMO

Last edited:
Didn't read the whole thread, but based on multiple similar conversations in the past on this board and others, I think it's fair to say we are in the 9-14 range when you rank all-time programs (taking in all factors: conf/nat'l championships, winning pct, facilities, all-time great players & coaches, etc). I think a case could be made for sticking us anywhere within that range.

And still, a high percentage of America's wealth continues flocking south, year after year. Northerners love our weather, our women, and our bourbon, all the while feeling obligated to regale us with stories of northern bliss. Laughable.

Thank you. I'll never understand the self loathing attitudes around here.

Read the rest of the thread genius

Me a fan? Nah, I just donate for the hell of it

I read the whole thread, still question whether you are a fan.

No wonder kids today are so dumb, history apparently doesn't exist anymore. Without history, you wouldn't be here today. Chew on that for a little bit

Thank you. I'll never understand the self loathing attitudes around here.

I get pretty prickly when I see media stereotypes of the SE as being back woods and uneducated. I can't throw a rock without hitting a doctor, a lawyer, or an engineer and I live in rural TN. The times I have been outside of the southeast and/or in a larger city (places the media seem to love) all I find are the opposite. When you do run in to someone with a college degree (rare), it is a degree in women's studies, comparative literature, or some other liberal arts non-sense and it's usually someone waiting my table in a restaurant (I am not saying all liberal arts degrees are non-sense, nor that waiting tables is a bad gig). Yeah, their degree might be from Harvard or NYU, but that does not give it any sort of intrinsic value to society. Give me the honor, the pride and the tradition of the south any day.

Reactions: 1 person

For those that didn't want to look it up.

The Top 10 Winningest College Football Programs

What follows is the list of the 10 winningest programs in the history of the game, ranked by total wins. The list is current through the end of the 2010 season.

1. Michigan: 888-306-38
2. Texas: 853-326-34
3. Notre Dame: 845-296-42
4. Nebraska: 836-345-41
5. Ohio State: 825-315-53
6. Alabama: 825-317-43
7. Penn State 821-355-43
8. Oklahoma: 806-308-53
9. Tennessee: 788-340-55
10. USC: 784-309-54

I read the whole thread, still question whether you are a fan.

No wonder kids today are so dumb, history apparently doesn't exist anymore. Without history, you wouldn't be here today. Chew on that for a little bit

I know that better than you I'm sure

VN Store

Back