Bad Coach or No Talent?

Let's just say I agree with what's written under your VN name.

Nobody has ever said that before. Your ability to insult me covertly has really done harm to my self esteem. How will I go on? To agree with things I say about myself is to much.

Probably didn't notice it's misspelled. Not to mention the a/an thing.

Why don't you just stick to mindlessly crying on here about football.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody has ever said that before. Your ability to insult me covertly has really done harm to my self esteem. How will I go on? To agree with things I say about myself is to much.

Probably didn't notice it's misspelled. Not to mention the a/an thing.

Why don't you just stick to mindlessly crying on here about football.

Why are you so negative??

lol You're really working hard to get everyone here to hate you. Personally, I find it a waste of time, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm just messin with people and I think most of them know it. Most grown ups don't hyperventilate with every post like some do. My personal favorite is when posters proudly proclaim to me and everyone else that today is the day they finally put me on ignore, then about a week later I see them reply to one of my posts....its quite funny. Its never personal with me - I don't know any of you personally, so how could it be?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm just messin with people and I think most of them know it. Most grown ups don't hyperventilate with every post like some do. My personal favorite is when posters proudly proclaim to me and everyone else that today is the day they finally put me on ignore, then about a week later I see them reply to one of my posts....its quite funny. Its never personal with me - I don't know any of you personally, so how could it be?

I'm reasonably confident you know not to take me seriously. I only mess with people who I think can handle it and not get mad.

I'm reasonably confident you know not to take me seriously. I only mess with people who I think can handle it and not get mad.

Me too and that was my point. Hey, the glass may half empty for me when it comes to UT a lot of times, but at the end of the day, you and I are still screaming for our Vols come Saturdays in the fall. We'll always have that in common.

Actually I think it's the grown ups on here that hyperventilate the most. Most kids seem to understand how to recognize trolling. Plus, some of these old timers can be a little ornery and take things more personal.

But it's like I said, seems like a waste of time to me. Maybe I'm just strange and don't get a kick out of making people mad. Just my :twocents:

This is a question for all of the Negavols. Almost through 3 rounds of the NFL draft and no Vols selected. Bama had, what 4 or 5 in the 1st round, LSU 3 or 4, he!! Vandy had a player taken.

Is it Dooley's fault when we don't even have 3rd round guys?

Auburn has not had any players selected either. They won 8 games this year and were NC last year. I think Fulmer has had more players selected than Tubberville and they left at the same time.

Auburn has not had any players selected either. They won 8 games this year and were NC last year. I think Fulmer has had more players selected than Tubberville and they left at the same time.

ummm the difference is obvious.....lets say it together now 3 letters..... CAM

How about a serious question...half of questions aimed at certain parties do not make any sense. How can you blame a coach for where a player gets drafted. Foster couldn't keep the ball in his hands during Fulmers reign here, but he is now one of the best backs in the NFL.

Foster is in the record books at UT with 650 carries and had 5 yes only 5 lost fumbles. Most people just want to hate because they happened at critical moments in games. I know without Foster we would have lost more games than what his fumbles cost us.

To the negavols who want to blame DD for the bad season last year, given the talent left and the strength of schedule last year, then compound it by the key injuries, you end up with a losing record.

Too much instability within the program within the last few years. We've lost players to transfer and high school kids have not felt comfortable to commit to a program that isn't very stable.

I have a feeling we will have quite a few drafted in the next few years!!

GO VOLS!!!

This is just silly.

Every program has players transfer.

High School kids feel comfortable coming to a place when they have formed a relationship with the coach and they see him as a leader who inspires confidence....and so they follow.

Stability is a means to an end. It isn't an end in and of itself. When you have a current coaching staff that sucks, stability is the last thing a reasonably minded fan would want. Rather, reasonable fans who haven't gone full ruhtard would take short-term instability for the purpose of bringing in leadership that will provide long term sustainable success. And hey'll politely inform you that it isn't even a close call.

Who do you see being drafted besides Rogers, Bray, and Hunter?

This is a question for all of the Negavols. Almost through 3 rounds of the NFL draft and no Vols selected. Bama had, what 4 or 5 in the 1st round, LSU 3 or 4, he!! Vandy had a player taken.

Is it Dooley's fault when we don't even have 3rd round guys?

the better question, is what does it say about Hamilton's hiring decisons after firing Fulmer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the seniors going into this draft Fulmer's last class and the juniors from Kiffin's only class?

Math isn't your strong point?

Class of 2008 was Fulmer's last abysmal class. They were freshmen in 2008, sophomores in 2009, Juniors in 2010, Seniors last year. The couple that are still around redshirted one year.

Kiffin's first class are now seniors unless they redshirted.

The 2010 class was the class that Kiffin started and Dooley came in late to try to keep reasonably intact. They are now juniors unless they redshirted. This is Bray, Hunter, Rogers.

the better question, is what does it say about Hamilton's hiring decisons after firing Fulmer

Why is that a better question? Hamilton is no longer around. You can talk about how he sucks till you're blue in the face, and what difference does it make? The only important consideration is that Dooley sucks. Lane Kiffin may have bolted on us in a less than graceful fashion, but he at least knew how to coach a little bit. You can't blame that disaster on Hamilton. And even if you could...what does it matter? Dude is gone.

Yep. But most don't realize also that you don't have to be a great coach if you hire the right assistants who make you look good.

Brilliant!

Let's pay the most money to the incompetent guy because his incompetence doesn't matter so long as he hires good assistants who make less than him and can leave at the drop of a hat.

Great business model.

This is a point I have discussed lately around my home.

The disparity in NFL talent we have (upperclassmen) compared to other SEC teams is a huge reason we have been bad lately.

We will have one, maybe two, guys drafted this year. Unless some leave early next season (likely) it will be the same.

Hard to compete much less win in the SEC without NFL talent.

Hard to win in the SEC with a coach who is in over his head.

VN Store

Back