Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be weird w/o him in there. That is all my generation of braves fans know at 3rd

Pshaw. Everybody knows who the one true Atlanta Braves third baseman is.

bobhorner.jpg

Ditto.. Minus the family and plus the 14 yr old baseball team I coach scoring an 8-0 W tonight.

All right, home from the bar, family's in bed, ready to settle in and watch some frigging offense. I still harbor a primeval hatred for the Dodgers dating back to when the Braves were in the NL West that you young guys probably don't get at all.

Unfortunately I turned the TV on just in time to see Rivera launch one to Glendale.

Anyone still think Wilson is a better option at SS? Single, walk, single. Got to play the kid. Done more in 3 at bats than Wilson did in 3 games

Worst to first. Unbelievable. What a story.

It was out of nowhere too. There was an inkling that things might finally be about to turn around, that there were some good young players and especially pitchers, but real success was supposed to be a couple more years away. And then suddenly there it was. It wasn't just worst to first, it was something like worst worst worst worst worst to first. They were something like 10 games back at the break and they stormed back and took it away from the Dodgers. The whole second half of that season was like a miracle every day.

(It may not be a coincidence that I met and started going out with my wife during that stretch too; I thought everything was amazing that year. It was a hell of a time to be in college.)

The World Series, of course, was as miserable as the rest of the season was fantastic. I'm still not over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back