Country music thread

Personally, I think one of the more under appreciated artists is Craig Morgan. He was touring with Carrie Underwood 2 summers ago and both my dad and I thought he put on a better show than she did.

Would definitely go see him again if he gets near SW MO again

Hate jason aldean and dunno why but fly over states is becoming one my favorite songs

His best single since Amarillo Sky, IMO.

totally disagree. I really liked Amarillo Sky, but Fly Over States is just a little too corny IMO. At least it's not over the top rock like a lot of his stuff. The reason I respect him is he admits he rocks it out. He's not trying to be traditional country or sound like Merle Haggard, he sings what he wants. I really don't buy into the fact that the label is turning him into anything. He just does his thing and hes been very successful with it. Too many people try to claim they're country and they aren't anywhere near it.

I listen to all sorts of country. Miranda Lambert would have fit in and made her mark at pretty much any point during country music's history.

Your posts convey open mindedness and a respect for quality music. I have no beef with you :whistling:

1. How do you know this?
2. If true, what does it matter?

1. Don't know it. Should have said "IMO look like they play tummy sticks"...which leads to...
2. I like to hear my country music from somebody that has lived through the songs they sing. It adds a dimension to the music that most other genres don't have, and to me it's the best thing about country music. We can debate "real" country music for years, but to me it comes down to what is "real" (I mean actually happened to the artist real) to the person who sings the songs, and how that relates to the person doing the listening. When both those things are true, there is nothing better. But When I hear them, and especially those guys, talk and sing it is as far from that idea as I can find. Even if the songs they sing came from something they have been through, which I doubt they are, nothing they do relates to anything I do, or will ever do, so in turn I do not like their music. Sorry I made a smart ass comment earlier, but this is the reason I don't like them.

Anyone heard this new band called "The Farm Inc."? I just heard their debut single "Home Sweet Home" on the radio in the late night rotation and I really liked it. Turns out it's a $0.69 song on iTunes so I bought it. Whoever plays the fiddle in that group is really good.

Anyone heard this new band called "The Farm Inc."? I just heard their debut single "Home Sweet Home" on the radio in the late night rotation and I really liked it. Turns out it's a $0.69 song on iTunes so I bought it. Whoever plays the fiddle in that group is really good.

Just seen their video on CMT for "Home Sweet Home" and a couple things stood out to me...1.) Great harmony and a great song! 2.) If I had just heard it on the radio the group doesn't look like I would guessed..lol...3.) The girl in the band is smoking hot!

The-Farm-INC.jpg

After doing some research on them Nick Hoffman (the white guy) is the fiddle player and use to be Kenny Chesney's fiddle player. They sound a little like Little Big Town...great voices and hope they are not a one hit wonder!

The Farm Inc. on Yahoo! Music

Hear about Eric Church blasting reality music shows and Blake Shelton?? WOW!

It has become very clear after an interview in Rolling Stone magazine that Eric Church has NO love for music competition reality shows including those that participiate, host or judge them! Eric takes a hit against American Idol and reality show television, saying that the country music industry is filled with talent from reality competitions – saying that trying out for a show like The Voice means you aren’t a true artist. (Keepitincountryblog.com)

When asked what he thought about NBCs 'The Voice' Eric says:

“It’s become American Idol gone mad. Honestly, if Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green f—ing turn around in a red chair, you get a deal? That’s crazy. I don’t know what would make an artist do that. You’re not an artist.”

Eric had more to say, taking a jab at one of the stars of 'The Voice' and one of the hottest acts in country music right now Blake Shelton...

“If I was concerned about my legacy, there’s no f—ing way I would ever sit there [and be a reality-show judge]. Once your career becomes something other than the music, then that’s what it is. I’ll never make that mistake. I don’t care if I f—ing starve.”

It has become very clear after an interview in Rolling Stone magazine that Eric Church has NO love for music competition reality shows including those that participiate, host or judge them! Eric takes a hit against American Idol and reality show television, saying that the country music industry is filled with talent from reality competitions – saying that trying out for a show like The Voice means you aren’t a true artist. (Keepitincountryblog.com)

“It’s become American Idol gone mad. Honestly, if Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green f—ing turn around in a red chair, you get a deal? That’s crazy. I don’t know what would make an artist do that. You’re not an artist.”

Eric had more to say, taking a jab at one of the stars of 'The Voice' and one of the hottest acts in country music right now Blake Shelton...

“If I was concerned about my legacy, there’s no f—ing way I would ever sit there [and be a reality-show judge]. Once your career becomes something other than the music, then that’s what it is. I’ll never make that mistake. I don’t care if I f—ing starve.”
I love Eric Church. I see his point, and I don't necessarily disagree with it, but I must say that's quite a "venemous" statement.

Eric just now made it to the big stage; now he is going to ruin it. He actually benefited from a reality show, considering he was on tour in 2010 with Miranda Lambert, a contestant in Nashville Star.

Eric just now made it to the big stage; now he is going to ruin it. He actually benefited from a reality show, considering he was on tour in 2010 with Miranda Lambert, a contestant in Nashville Star.

That's what I was thinking and then he slams Miranda's bf..lol

Lulz. If i was a pro baseball player and it took me my whole life to get there and some guy won a contest or tryout to automatically be on the team id be pissed.

Think his point is that he worked hard to get where he is and dont appreciate other artists supporting people who can go on a fawkin tv show and get rich and famous quick. Out of all the shows and winners how many are still goin strong? Think thats his main reason for being upset. Hes never randomly said that until he was asked and he gave his opinion. Whats so wrong with that?

Reactions: 1 person
Theres an article on aol how it was all misunderstood. Im on mobile and it keeps sendin me to mobile site. But its the 9th story down under music

Last edited:

VN Store

Back