Jon Gruden on UT/Bray/Coaching

I am glad that Jon Gruden came back and spent some quality time with the team/staff. Players, especially college QB's and the NFL'ers, listen closely to what he has to say because he knows the game. You don't win a SB without having the "X" factor. Having him back on the Hill is a very good thing indeed.

Breathe man, BREATHE!

Good analysis. Aside from the BS that goes on here most of the time, we should seemarked improvement even if we have more injuries because we have more depth and experience, still a good group of coaches and I think we have some improvements in that dept too. I would expect Bray to perform well with the offense we have but Worley could definitely replace him, more experience this year so it would be ill-advised for Bray to sluff off. I would say we'll have a much-improved run game but anything would be an improvement. I think the emphasis on better blocking by all, backs, receivers, and the line will pay big dividends this year. We should have a good year.

I wish he would. Immediately be the best coach in college football.

LMAO!!!

The only thing he did was take over the team Tony Dungy built that was ready for a Superbowl win.

After that his team got consistently worse and he got fired.

Best coach in college football is such a huge stretch that I can only laugh.

VFL...GBO!!!

there's only a couple of reasons that Gruden is on campus
1 ESPN wanted him there
2 the wife made him
3 mmm can't think of one

that's pretty much it

ooh checking on his property

Reactions: 1 person
LMAO!!!

The only thing he did was take over the team Tony Dungy built that was ready for a Superbowl win.

VFL...GBO!!!

Look at what he did with the Raiders. He was a "tuck rule" game from a Superbowl with them. McKay was the problem in Tampa. I may have reached a little saying the best but I think he would be a force in recruiting and his offenses would be trouble for defenses.

LMAO!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

This post proves the belief that VN would never agree with any coach that comes here.

Reactions: 4 people
What I got from his comments on Tyler Bray was that he has some questions about the kid's attitude and commitment level. Or maybe he was just trying to motivate Tyler a bit. Either way, I hope Tyler decides to take this season seriously.

I'm not sure how "HE has a great coaching staff here" is a compliment to Dooley.

Guess you wouldn't think so if you hate Dooley that much, but he is the boss, and the boss gets credit if he is also expected to get the blame.

yea everyone has an a-- hole, i mean opinion.Be happy with what we have at UT he deserves more time at the helm to see where he can take this team.I agree that his first two seasons at the helm where horrid but know one had expectations that the vols were going to to any count with the players that where on the roster after all those who came because of kiffen and before that.The vols were left way undermanned and with the least amount of talent that a Tennessee football team ever had . And not one person who was a realistic fan of UT thought that the vols would contend for anything but the celler of the eastern division for three or four years.And most knew it would take three to five years and number three is coming up and there should be a marked improvement over the last four or five years and im excited about the upcoming season with a high octane offense and a very improved defense.And i plan on enjoying it very much .But i expect that 2013 will be the best year in a long time because the offense and defense should both be eye catchers with alot of experience and talent on both sides of the ball ,because they should have most of their starter back for their third and fourth years and should be preseason top 20 team and should compete for sec east and for overall sec titals according to non tennesseeans unlike 2012 when alot of our fans are thinking a from worst to first climb which would be nice,but im just hoping that Bray and Hunter stay healthy along with the rest of the team ,stay healthy vols.

DA-yum......

Tony Dungy didn't build that team, he just failed with it. Good thing the Bucs got Jon Gruden to win them a ring before the players all got to old to do so.

Tony Dungy was the Bucs coach for how many years before Gruden got there?

If Tony Dungy didn't build that Bucs team as the head coach then who did?

FACT is that Gruden walked in and coached 1 good year WITH the team that Tony Dungy built and won a Superbowl.

FACT is that after that 1 good year the Bucs DID continue to go downhill with Gruden as their head coach.

FACT is that Gruden DID get fired because he could NOT keep a good team together and get wins consistently.

FACT is that when coaches get fired it's because they FAILED as the head coach and that is exactly what happened to Gruden after he consistently went downhill after 1 Superbowl season WITH Tony Dungys players.

Some people really hate and ignore proven facts around here.

I also find it interesting that since Gruden failed with the Bucs I haven't heard of even 1 team in college or the NFL offering him a head coaching job.

Being a talking head on TV doesn't always translate to becoming a good head coach at any level it just means they have some knowledge and can talk on tv and even Dennis Miller did that for awhile, LOL.

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back