We are blessed to have Dooley!

I liked Dooley from Day One; character guy with good morals and likeable personality. BUT I'm holding out to see what this year's team looks like. Remember, he hasn't beaten anyone he's not supposed to yet (UF, UA, SC, LSU, UGA) and he did lose to a UK team our third string should usually be able to beat.

I have been too optimistic about the upcoming season since 2008, and quite honestly it's frustrating as hell. I want to be optimistic about 2012, but I'm not going overboard with my expectations as I did last year.

Dooley's said last year was Year 1, so this year is Year 2 (actually his 3rd year). In UT standards, that means he better get to at least 8-9 wins or his seat will be so hot he can't sit down...

Reactions: 1 person
A loss to Florida could cause this thing to start spiraling for a crash landing. Accolades will come when he starts winning and beating teams of significance.

Personally I like CDD and I believe most Vols fans hope and want him to succeed here in TN (VFL).

I appreciate CDD accepting the challenge to come to TN during the Lane Kiffen Beverly Hillbilly move to Ca.

CDD was thrown into a messy situation and did a commendable job steadying the program. In addition, as it is with any new job(s), there have been growing pains and adjustments he had to make.

I for one like many VFL folks have not been pleased with the outcome of our past 2 seasons. I don't believe it has been for a lack of our coach (s) not trying to win but, I do believe they have inadvertantly contributed to our losses due to some poor descisions regarding play calling and not having the players ready to play at times.

In addition, if the truth would be told by some of the players I believe some players would probable agree they had a lack of commitment / toughness by not giving their all for TN.

This year I sense we have coaches that appear more commited and aggresive than their predacessors and, players seem to be getting better prepared mentally and physically to succeed this season.

All of this being said, I believe if all the critical elements of this team comes together as one unit this season then I say we will be blessed and if not, we will be burdened, especially to endure some more change!

IMO and GO VOLS.

Was playing Golf in Fla. last week and saw a guy with Vols on his bag. Called out Go Vols and got a lecture on how it will never be better until Dooley is gone. People go strong feelings.

Can I get a here here, amen, hell yes, or boom even?

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Not sure I would say that. Most universities have coach's that don't embarrass their universities. The Petrino situation isn't something that gets revealed every day. Yes tons of Coach's have mistresses but hide it much better

It's very simple. If Dooley brings pride back to the team and the fanbase, he gets another year. If he doesn't, he's gone.

Regardless of the number of wins.

Wow......

The Upward Bound mentality is killing competitive sports.

He may keep his personal life clean but he cannot coach! Sort of with we would find Dooley with a young lady on the back of his motorcycle!

Apply for the job..Or better yet, apply for AD so you can fire him..Hell with what he inherited, Vol fans should be glad we have had a bowl at all since he arrived..Do the math on the roster situation, not just wins or losses..But since you are obviously a better coach and have the answers, just give him a ring and give him a coaching clinic...That should cure ALL the problems..

JMHFO:hi:

Better yet, buy him a motorcycle and find HIM a mistress...Glass houses my friend...........

Read my post again. Try to apply your critical thinking skills.

:hi:

I did what you asked. Not being smart at all, but the post can be taken to mean that as long as everyone feels good about the team, wins do not matter. That sounds like the everyone gets a trophy mentality. If I misinterpreted, I apologize.

I don't pump sunshile little boy.

I'm all about reality which you'd know if you could read all my posts and actually understand them kid.

I'm optomistic like all real Tennessee fans are but I know where we were when CDD accepted the challenge and I know he was facing a 4 to 5 year total program rebuild and this is just the beginning of year 3 so I don't OVERexpect like some others on here do.

Now you try to get a grip on reality rather than just a grip on yourself kid.

VFL...GBO!!!

I'm not sure about that. The last time we saw our team actually play was abysmal. Since then, we had a recruiting class that some liked/some were a little disappointed with. We survived the Rodgers saga. Had a few coaching changes, which most feel we came out of in better shape. But to say that ANY of that leads to excessive optimism I think is a stretch. I just wish the fan base would pump the breaks a little so that any early season stumble doesn't start the meltdown.

I'm not sure about that. The last time we saw our team actually play was abysmal. Since then, we had a recruiting class that some liked/some were a little disappointed with. We survived the Rodgers saga. Had a few coaching changes, which most feel we came out of in better shape. But to say that ANY of that leads to excessive optimism I think is a stretch. I just wish the fan base would pump the breaks a little so that any early season stumble doesn't start the meltdown.

I agree with what you say here my friend.

If you've read any of my other posts I'm always optomistic and hope for the best but I've cautioned on here many times not to OVERexpect for this coming season because we still don't have all our schollies filled, still don't have SEC type players at every position yet and most of our 2 deep rotational depth is still very young and inexperienced and are not SEC type starters on a 2 deep rotation like alaBubba, LSU and others have.

We can be a 7 Win team or we could get a little luck, for a change, and be a 8 to 10 Win team this season.

I hope for the 8 to 10 Wins this season but I won't be totally shocked if the bad luck stays with us and we're a 7 Win team and get to a lesser Bowl game.

IMO a 7 Win season and a Bowl Win and being more competitive in all our games is another step in the right direction.

I've always believed that the total rebuild for CDD was a 4 to 5 year task and this is just the beginning of year 3 so we still have a ways to go before we're strong every year and in the hunt for the SEC East Championship and beyond.

VFL...GBO!!!

IMO a 7 Win season and a Bowl Win and being more competitive in all our games is another step in the right direction.

I've always believed that the total rebuild for CDD was a 4 to 5 year task and this is just the beginning of year 3 so we still have a ways to go before we're strong every year and in the hunt for the SEC East Championship and beyond.

VFL...GBO!!!

I too have thought this from the beginning.

Unfortunately, year four for Dooley could be tougher than three.

That could be true with the graduating seniors and IF Bray, Hunter and Rogers all decide to try the NFL early.

If could also be a great year 4 and a season to be remembered for many years IF all 3 of them got together and decided to stay for their senior season.

Then I would say the potential for 2013 is simply...the sky's the limit so boys, go take it all for yourselves.

What a dream come true 2013 could turn out to be.

It's always nice to dream but this season could change their minds and make them decide to try for a SEC Championship and beyond in 2013.

If that worked out and we won another National Championship then I could see Bray, Hunter and Rogers all going in the NFL draft in the top 10 picks and Tennessee would really be on the recruiting map again then.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO, go boys, GO and knock everyone on their butts!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

I did what you asked. Not being smart at all, but the post can be taken to mean that as long as everyone feels good about the team, wins do not matter. That sounds like the everyone gets a trophy mentality. If I misinterpreted, I apologize.

Let's watch the product on the field, vs put a number on it. If we win 8, but lose 3 on crazy plays or long fgs, and the product on the field is solid, it would be stupid to fire the coach based of the W/L record.
If we win 8, but the product sucks, then we need to reevaluate.

VN Store

Back