'12 SC WR Quinshad Davis

You talk too much! Dont confirm nothing until Quinshad wnats to bring it out. That's really unfair to him if he did choose UT which I hope and pray he did. Because you're in the "KNOW" doesn't mean post it because of what somebody else said. THis is a sensitive time for these kids. That pissed me off when Sab attempted that sh*t with Jason. When it's time to come out, then it will whether UT or Wake.

I'm really bothered by this. MOTOR MOUTH!
MZTERRY, I understand where you are coming from, but this isn't stealing anyone's thunder. Don't get yourself all worked up over nothing. I just took it as another "a friend of a friend's brother in law knows someone in the program's friend that plays golf with...."
We all know to take things like this with a grain of salt. Didn't you notice how many "confirmations" there were about Randy Shannon coming here? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
MZTERRY, I understand where you are coming from, but this isn't stealing anyone's thunder. Don't get yourself all worked up over nothing. I just took it as another "a friend of a friend's brother in law knows someone in the program's friend that plays golf with...."
We all know to take things like this with a grain of salt. Didn't you notice how many "confirmations" there were about Randy Shannon coming here? :)

I think MZTERRY is exactly correct. It is not you position or wright to post something before the recruit and parent wants the information out.

Reactions: 1 person
MZ Terry,

Do you think these folks know what they are talking about when they say someone has the wright instead of the right.................it really scares me sometimes who is really in the world. Don't sweat it. It ain't worth the blood pressure going up. Unless it comes from Skeeter, it could be just crazy stuff from anyone including me.

:hi:

Pretty good article on VQ by John Brice. Nothing groundbreaking, but it is good to hear that Q.Davis had a good time this weekend at UT. I think the most interesting part of the article is the bolded part about Hunter and Da'Rick. I know it has been speculated that they probably will be gone after next year, but the article makes it sound like the UT coaches even think it is a done deal. Probably why UT is bringing in the big name WRs such as Croom, Howard, and Bowles and still recruiting C.Patterson and Davis.

"It went pretty good. I mean, coaches really put things in perspective here. It was good getting to meet all the guys and players," said Davis, a Rivals250 member and the No. 2 player in the state of South Carolina. "I just wanted to have a good time and for the coaches to tell me where they see me fitting in in the program and how they feel they're going to use me next year."
"Well, I mean the coaches were telling me that they've got two really good guys (Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers) who are probably going to leave this year coming out [for the NFL Draft], and they feel like they need some new guys coming in to learn and step in to fill their place," said Davis, an honor roll student who's had a qualifying test score since his junior year. "They feel like I can come in and make a big impact on the team if I just stay working hard in the weight room and come in in the summer."
"Yeah, I love to hear freshmen getting to play. True freshmen? Yeah, I love it," he said. "I feel like I can just come in and make a big impact. Catch the ball and get open in space and make a big play."
-VQ.

Pretty good article on VQ by John Brice. Nothing groundbreaking, but it is good to hear that Q.Davis had a good time this weekend at UT. I think the most interesting part of the article is the bolded part about Hunter and Da'Rick. I know it has been speculated that they probably will be gone after next year, but the article makes it sound like the UT coaches even think it is a done deal. Probably why UT is bringing in the big name WRs such as Croom, Howard, and Bowles and still recruiting C.Patterson and Davis.

-VQ.

loving it, hes gonna be one of my favorite recruits, i love the big two we have right now but i think the big three were gonna have when the guys from this class are juniors is gonna be pretty special too, add davis to that mix and its gonna be sick.

If he comes here, he could work himself into a starter by his sophomore year. I think he knows this too.

what i love is the height were getting across the board, other than howard, whos a special type player who can really utilize his lack of height to his advantage with the added quickness it helps with, the rest of the guys are long tall guys ( dont you dare twss me lol) davis is another one in that mold. other than pig i think all the guys were bringing in or are in on are at least 6'2

Yeah, Alton is very important to this class because he is going to be a go-to slot guy. I wish Arnett would have stayed, but it is what it is. It just seems like all the WRs we are recruiting now would fare better on the outside rather than in the slot. I suppose it doesn't really matter a whole lot though. I just like to have a good balance of WRs.

Yeah, Alton is very important to this class because he is going to be a go-to slot guy. I wish Arnett would have stayed, but it is what it is. It just seems like all the WRs we are recruiting now would fare better on the outside rather than in the slot. I suppose it doesn't really matter a whole lot though. I just like to have a good balance of WRs.

plus we have another stud committed for '13 as well in patrick. i think he could be a great one. this may be well off base but he seems like an in between croom and d. rogers guy. hes not quite a blazer but a very physical guy who can go up and get it or snag it across the middle and take the big hit with ease.

plus we have another stud committed for '13 as well in patrick. i think he could be a great one. this may be well off base but he seems like an in between croom and d. rogers guy. hes not quite a blazer but a very physical guy who can go up and get it or snag it across the middle and take the big hit with ease.

And give the big hit with ease...the kids film looks wild on laying the hit on people. Too bad some of those hits were against Gibbs. He does have that natural spark to hit people though, gotta love that.

And give the big hit with ease...the kids film looks wild on laying the hit on people. Too bad some of those hits were against Gibbs. He does have that natural spark to hit people though, gotta love that.

yeah i like the aggression. has its downside thought too, look at adrian peterson. sometimes its beneficial to just run around someone lol

yeah i like the aggression. has its downside thought too, look at adrian peterson. sometimes its beneficial to just run around someone lol

Good point, but luckily Patrick will likely not be in the space to be hit as often, or by as big of bodies as Peterson was. Dude did hurt himself a bunch though.

VQ mods are usually very vague when speaking of recruits so when Fortenberry states twice in one paragraph that there is "a lot of momentum for UT in Davis' recruitment" that basically tells me all I need to know.

Davis has been one of the quietest recruits on the trail this year and rarely has done an interview. But, after catching up with him after his visit to Tennessee Sunday morning, there's certainly a lot of momentum for the Vols. While he has a longstanding relationship with Wake Forest, Tennessee has done a very good job in the last two months pursuing the 6-foot-3, 180-pound wideout. He has yet to name any leaders, but Tennessee certainly has the momentum in this one. He plans to announce at noon on Wednesday.
-VQ.

-VQ.

I wouldn't say that the staff really feels that is certain. You have to keep in mind that they are going to say that to recruits to emphasis they are needed whether they know it to be true or not. It may be true but its just as likely to be recruiting "talk"

I would be willing to bet that Peterman has been told the same thing about Bray.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that the staff really feels that is certain. You have to keep in mind that they are going to say that to recruits to emphasis they are needed whether they know it to be true or not. It may be true but its just as likely to be recruiting "talk"

I would be willing to bet that Peterman has been told the same thing about Bray.

It's just speculation at this point. I don't think JH or DR know right now what they plan to do by the end of the year a lot can happy between now and then.

It's just speculation at this point. I don't think JH or DR know right now what they plan to do by the end of the year a lot can happy between now and then.

Agreed all 3 guys might go but the coaches telling recruits it is going to happens means nothing. They are just selling opportunity to a recruit. That's all.

Da'Rick is pretty much gone after next season. I would be very surprised if he stayed his senior year.

VN Store

Back