'12 GA DE Jordan Jenkins

If that boy is dumb enough to play his football at georgia he wasnt cut out for engineering anyway.

And its people like you that take recruiting to whole different level. Just because the kid did not make the choice you wanted him to make does not give you any right to say what you just said.

Its a shame a grown man ( I am suspecting) like yourself would say something like that. His decision is not affecting your life any at all, so why would even make a comment like that?

That is pitiful.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks and hope to see UT back battling for the titles in the future. Always great games when UA and UT are at the top.

TW,

Not sure if you saw my question earlier in the thread. How many commits does Bama take this year? Scout shows 27 commits so far. Also, do they drop one of the RBs now since they have 3 committed?

And its people like you that take recruiting to whole different level. Just because the kid did not make the choice you wanted him to make does not give you any right to say what you just said.

Its a shame a grown man ( I am suspecting) like yourself would say something like that. His decision is not affecting your life any at all, so why would even make a comment like that?

That is pitiful.

Grow up, the guy was making a joke aimed 95% at the UGA program. Get off your high horse.

TW,

Not sure if you saw my question earlier in the thread. How many commits does Bama take this year? Scout shows 27 commits so far. Also, do they drop one of the RBs now since they have 3 committed?

i have heard 28 or 29, the taylor kid is grayshirted since he injured his knee

28 or 29 we will take. I guess it depends on who we still are after and we can get them. We have 2 that will likely be headed to JUCO, so we have 25 now that should be a part of the class. So we could take 4 more commits but I do not think we will unless it is the right 4.

I also just read that someone was watching an interview with Saban on Sunday morning and you could hear when Smart walked up to Saban to tell him that someone wanted to commit right then and they were on the phone and Saban told Smart he had his chance and there was no longer an offer. Not sure if it was actually true or not, because I did not hear it myself, but I did hear J Barker today say that some top recruit wanted to commit and the staff told him we had no room for him now. So who knows.

28 or 29 we will take. I guess it depends on who we still are after and we can get them. We have 2 that will likely be headed to JUCO, so we have 25 now that should be a part of the class. So we could take 4 more commits but I do not think we will unless it is the right 4.

I also just read that someone was watching an interview with Saban on Sunday morning and you could hear when Smart walked up to Saban to tell him that someone wanted to commit right then and they were on the phone and Saban told Smart he had his chance and there was no longer an offer. Not sure if it was actually true or not, because I did not hear it myself, but I did hear J Barker today say that some top recruit wanted to commit and the staff told him we had no room for him now. So who knows.
It must have been Jordan Jenkins. No way Saban ever misses on somebody he wants.

No we wanted Jenkins but if it makes you feel better to gloat enjoy because I can bet my night ended better. RTR

Nice comeback. :hi:

I thought it might have been one of the excuses that was coming from the Bama boards. You have to admit, some of your fans do come up with some of the best excuses.

Nice comeback. :hi:

I thought it might have been one of the excuses that was coming from the Bama boards. You have to admit, some of your fans do come up with some of the best excuses.

Not with Jenkins and alot of our insiders were calling Jenkins to UA. He would have been a great pickup for UA or any school. The kid is got great upside and will be a beast. I actually think he will end up better than R Drew.

But the disappointment of not getting him faded quickly last night.:)

Not with Jenkins and alot of our insiders were calling Jenkins to UA. He would have been a great pickup for UA or any school. The kid is got great upside and will be a beast. I actually think he will end up better than R Drew.

But the disappointment of not getting him faded quickly last night.:)
Back hand to the face then show the rings again... nice strategy. Again, congrats

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks TW.

Wonder what Jenkins is hearing about Todd G and the Falcons.

If I were CTG, I would give my agent a nice bonus.

It would be a bad move for the Falcons to pluck CTG away from the Dawgs. The fanbase is really excited about him and some would actually prefer him to be our HC.

This should speed up the announcement for the contract extension.

If I were a highly sought DC and I had a chance to go to the NFL to make the big bucks and not have to recruit, I would do it. I'm interested to see what happens here. Anytime a rival gets weaker, I love it.

It would be a bad move for the Falcons to pluck CTG away from the Dawgs. The fanbase is really excited about him and some would actually prefer him to be our HC.

This should speed up the announcement for the contract extension.

Hard for NFL guys to stay out of the NFL when they had success. He needed to prove himself as a DC again to get another NFL DC job. He's on a short list but I think Nolan or Raheem Morris will be the guy. Either way nice pay raise for "Choke".

This should speed up the announcement for the contract extension

Serious homer comment. It would be a bad move because he's been at UGA a short amount of time, and the fanbase likes him? You need a reality check. It's a business. He's made UGA a stonger team, defensively. He's proved that. If an NFL franchise is willing to hire him and give him the big bucks, why one earth would he stay at UGA?

Serious homer comment. It would be a bad move because he's been at UGA a short amount of time, and the fanbase likes him? You need a reality check. It's a business. He's made UGA a stonger team, defensively. He's proved that. If an NFL franchise is willing to hire him and give him the big bucks, why one earth would he stay at UGA?
Its nothing against CTG. I would not blame him one bit if he made a move that is in his best interest.

My point is that the majority of the fanbase would be upset with the Falcons. You dont understand how excited our fanbase is right now with our D.

I did not mean to come accross overly homerish.

Its nothing against CTG. I would not blame him one bit if he made a move that is in his best interest.

My point is that the majority of the fanbase would be upset with the Falcons. You dont understand how excited our fanbase is right now with our D.

Gotcha. :hi:

Hard for NFL guys to stay out of the NFL when they had success. He needed to prove himself as a DC again to get another NFL DC job. He's on a short list but I think Nolan or Raheem Morris will be the guy. Either way nice pay raise for "Choke".

The name Morris is being talked about quite a bit. I've also heard about Jack Del Rio.

I hope we can hang on to Choke.

The name Morris is being talked about quite a bit. I've also heard about Jack Del Rio.

I hope we can hang on to Choke.

Jack has spent too much time as a HC to return as a DC. He'll get another HC job(maybe Oakland) or a front-office gig. Morris would be a homerun hire imo.

My guess is that the Falcon brass do not care what the UGA fans think about any of their hires. Just a guess.

Here’s what Grantham sent via email:

“This time of year there are a lot of rumors involving coaching openings. Because of the terrific recruiting class we are assembling and the juniors that have communicated to me their desire to come back to Georgia I felt it important to address some of these current and any future rumors. I’ve had discussions with Coach Richt and (AD) Greg McGarity and we are on track to finalizing details on a contract extension. My family enjoys Athens very much. I love the passion and excitement of our fans. We have the program headed in the right direction and I want to be a part of bringing Georgia a championship. My desire is to be at UGA for a very long time. Go Dawgs!”

Todd Grantham
Jan. 11, 2012

Reported on AJC this morning.

VN Store

Back