'12 JUCO DE Denico Autry (MSU signee)

Come on. Let's stop acting like middle school kids and face the facts. We got played. He chose MSU over us. Enough with the "they paid him," or "something fishy went down." If this were the other way around and we were getting him and he'd been an MSU lean for a long time, we'd be making fun of their message boards accusing us of cheating.

Man up. Move on. We're UT.

Reactions: 4 people
Come on. Let's stop acting like middle school kids and face the facts. We got played. He chose MSU over us. Enough with the "they paid him," or "something fishy went down." If this were the other way around and we were getting him and he'd been an MSU lean for a long time, we'd be making fun of their message boards accusing us of cheating.

Thank you!

that a coach would unload on a recruit in an effort to get him back. That's patently stupid.

Exactly.

What is unloading on him gonna get you at this point.
If your going that route just call him up on the phone and save the plane ticket for the next guy.

Let him go.He is the one that will regret it this time next year.Tennessee is among the top 10 programs of all time.Miss.State is a bottom feeder program.They will never compete for anything.Even as bad as we are now Miss.State will never accomplish what Tennessee has on the football field.It will not get any worse than it already is.SO keep your heads up.And Go VOLS. PS Look at it like this.Alabama's worse year was in 2000. They went 3-8.Tennessee is not that bad at least.

wait til Coach Thompson rolls down there and breaks off a piece of his mind. That'll get it moving right.

OCI & SBV are 100% accurate on this, something happened w/ MSU. Autry was a Vol, Dooley & Thompson knew it. Coach Thompson is PISSED right now!

I would really start worrying about Jacobs now b/c if MSU is willing to do something fishy w/ Autry you better believe they're prepared to do the same w/ Jacobs.

Man I would love to get Jacobs! But either way we are TN!

No recruit is going to be bigger than the program!

We are still on the way up!

My gut tells me that after everything is said and done and more stuff comes of out about MSU!

I think we hear more about this later!

But for now we have to move on!:rock:

GO VOLS!:rock:

I'm hoping that Jacobs and Sentimore can talk him into coming to UT in the next week instead of the other way around. It is still possible.

Exactly.

What is unloading on him gonna get you at this point.
If your going that route just call him up on the phone and save the plane ticket for the next guy.

Being firm with the kid demanding answers and honesty is exactly what a lot of kids respond to. Now if by unload he meant being physical and name calling I agree but firmness works with a lot of kids in recruiting.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You expect he to go in and say "you lied to me but that's perfectly ok" patting him on the back singing a christmas carol?

I expect him to tell the kid that we want him to play football at UT. All the other drama is made up silliness passed on as gospel by pretenders and sycophants on sites like this one.

Reactions: 6 people
Being firm with the kid demanding answers and honesty is exactly what a lot of kids respond to. Now if by unload he meant being physical and name calling I agree but firmness works with a lot of kids in recruiting.

Maybe.

You go the liar route and you might as well do that over the phone while on your way to another kids house.

I expect him to tell the kid that we want him to play football at UT. All the other drama is made up silliness passed on as gospel by pretenders and sycophants on sites like this one.

And firmness might be exactly what gets that point across. A lot of coaches have the approach that if a kid can't take that kind of talk in recruiting then they won't handle coaching.

Exactly. Like he's going to go down there and just **** on the 500 hours he's put in recruiting this kid.

I know these are kids and will change their minds, but I don't understand flip-flopping, and I don't get the whole "look at me" committments where they switch hats and so forth. Just say where you're taking your talents to, and be done with it.

Like the DT - can't remember his name - who eventually chose Auburn over us last year. Just get over yourself.

Autry is what, 20-21 now? He isn't some 17 year old kid. He should be more of a man than that. If he changes his mind, so be it, but be honest with the people recruiting you, Vol or not.

Maybe Dooley isn't the fantastic recruiter everyone was pegging him as? Looks like we're headed for a ~ top 15 or so overall class, no better than 6-8th in the SEC. Such is life now, I guess.

Maybe.

You go the liar route and you might as well do that over the phone while on your way to another kids house.

Agreed. A firm "I want to know what the hell happened to our agreement and I want nothing but the truth" is plenty appropriate.

Maybe, you go the liar route and you might as well do that over the phone while on your way to another kids house.

Hahahahahaha.

*Ring, Ring*

Autry thinking to himself, "Damn, it's Coach Thompson... How am I going to explain all this, and he's on his way..."

Autry: Hello?

CLT: Hello Denico! How are you bud?

Autry: ... Pretty good coach, how about you?

CLT: Great! I'm on my way to see one of my favorite D - Line Prospects this year, we have a lot to talk about!

Autry: Uhh.. Yeah.. Good.. The front door's unlocked.

CLT: That's pretty creepy you knew Darrington's front door was unlocked...

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back