'12 JUCO DE Denico Autry (MSU signee)

Where did I say they paid Autry? I said I doubt that was the reason. But nice try. However, getting mad over one possible reason while not knowing what the reason was in why he went to MSU is pretty dumb. But...

I'm not mad. I just think it's bull**** because Vol fans are mad a "lock" is going to Mississippi State.

I know this is recruiting and playing dirty is very normal, especially in the south....but there is something extremely fishy about this one. Autry has been one of the biggest Vol locks in this class for at least 2 months and was flipped in literally a matter of hours.

Jucos in Mississippi are just living up the reputation that they've had for years with this one.

I'm not mad. I just think it's bull**** because Vol fans are mad a "lock" is going to Mississippi State.

You think it's bs that some fans are upset UT lost a bigtime recruit to another school? Umm, ok...

FTR, I'm not really that upset, I'm a little disappointed but it's part of the rollercoaster that is recruiting. This class is going to be just fine and still close strong with out without Autry or any other recruit that the staff is after.

Reactions: 1 person
You think it's bs that some fans are upset UT lost a bigtime recruit to another school? Umm, ok...
FTR, I'm not really that upset, I'm a little disappointed but it's part of the rollercoaster that is recruiting. This class is going to be just fine and still close strong with out without Autry or any other recruit that the staff is after.

No, I understand they are upset.

But the whole "Miss State paid him!!!" is dumb.

Is it just me or does staff get blindsided by more prospects than most coaching staffs I mean they seem to get blindsided all the time?

No, it actually happens a lot.

You are just closer to the UT misses than at the other programs.

Recruiting is not for the faint of heart.

Agreed. If we lock up Sentimore and Jacobs to go along with 1 of McCullers, Tomlinson, Kirven, Shanks, etc... we will be in good shape.

I know this is recruiting and playing dirty is very normal, especially in the south....but there is something extremely fishy about this one. Autry has been one of the biggest Vol locks in this class for at least 2 months and was flipped in literally a matter of hours.

Jucos in Mississippi are just living up the reputation that they've had for years with this one.

This. Everyone, and I mean everyone, missed this one. I have not read anything as far as facts or opinions from reporters to insiders saying anything but we lead for his services. It is very strange, but we'll move on and be alright.

OCI, quote the posts before today were SBV said Autry was a lock for the Vols, or that Pg wasn't coming to UT.

I don't think I ever went on record saying Autry was a vol lock because honestly it was pretty common knowledge with the coaches and players.

He has been a vol for close to 3 months. Reaffirmed his committment a number of times.

I have no clue what happened here - no one does. Does it smell fishy, yes, but who knows what really happened. I am sure we will know soon.

I did call PIG to UT though. But I doubted it a few times.

No, I understand they are upset.

But the whole "Miss State paid him!!!" is dumb.

If MSU didn't have an accusation a year ago regarding a JUCO getting offered money then you have a point. But to say its ridiculous to say he got paid is just as ridiculous because you don't know that's not the case. If you knew FOR A FACT he did not get something for it then you can criticize others for saying it. Until then none of us know and I dont care enough to let it effect me at home.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back